What do I ask for Skin Geeks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone i know had a chemical face peel..and basically she can go out in the sun...but has to use a really high factor sun cream....its not so much she cant tan....as she must not burn. She said that after her skin was super sensitive and so burning would have been very easy.

12 months on and she does have a nice glow to her skin in the summer...

xx

Geeg has a nice glow anyways .... I think she's being to fussy

hey geeg... have u by chance looked at products dermalogicia has a great line for hyperpigmentation laser or micro has great out comes but there temp you need a regular skin care regimine to keep the results when it comes to the sun and spf keep in mind uva/uvb is present in light even in the winter u should were it all 365 days a year

In my opinion the only thing that will really rid the skin of hyper pigmentation is lazer treatment.I have spoken to many clients who have brown patches either on their arms,hands or faces and who have spent many pounds trying to get rid of them.

The only thing that I have seen really work well,is lazer,which targets excess melanin.It works by heating the melanin quickly,breaking it down into smaller pieces,which in turn is broken down by the body.

The skin will go scabby,crusty and it can take a while to fade but the final result is far superior to any other treatment I have seen in the forms of Glycolic peels,creams,lotions and potions.

I have a lady client who has spent £100's of pounds on trying to rid her arms and hands and finally they have faded as a result of lazer.NOTHING else touched it and believe me this lady has spent more than her fair share on the best quality products out there.

Brown spots,liver spots,age spots or hyper pigmentation can be caused from over exposure to the sun,HRT,contraceptives,pregnancy,sometimes it's genetic.Lots of reasons.

The best way to prevent it is by a good quality sun block that is topped up regularly(as per instructions)in both winter and summer.

Beware though,you will need to continue wearing sunblock after the treatment as it can return.HTH

A little advice for ya Gigi...Don't mess with perfection!!!!! :hug:

what about those skin lightener creams for brown spots..liver spots..age spots....???....wouldnt that be another option.

what about those skin lightener creams for brown spots..liver spots..age spots....???....wouldnt that be another option.

I had the skin brightening system from Dermalogica - cant say i made any difference.

Putting it bluntly they are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.They temporarily fadt the pigmentation but certainly have not got the power to rid the skin of the patches for very long at all.:green:

ahhhh...see why i am a nail technician...:lol:............thanks xx

oh geeg - you tart :lol: you look bloody fab, wish my skin was in the same condition as yours, but there again you dont drink as much as me (unless im sat next to ya).

if you ever on 10 years younger - let me know, i wanna see...............

That is sweet of you but I'm sure not true. Honestly, I'm not doing too badly but thought I could improve the eveness of the colour of my skin. But I'd rather have a few brown spots than be fishbelly white for the rest of my life!!:lol:

I quite agree, everything looks better with a bit of colour if it means being pasty I'd leave it:hug:

I use Environ skin care and have seen some good results on my mum with a couple of age spots over the last 4 months.

A good suncare regime and a product containing high doses of Vitamin C will lighten and brighten age spots. The specific product in the Environ range for this is called C Boost.

hth's:hug:

You guys are all wonderful with your knowledge and help ... I've learned loads I didn't know before.

I'll be more careful with the sun block and wear a foundation with an SPF of 15 everyday in the winter. I hope you don't have to reapply that 4-5 times a day :eek: .

You guys are all wonderful with your knowledge and help ... I've learned loads I didn't know before.

I'll be more careful with the sun block and wear a foundation with an SPF of 15 everyday in the winter. I hope you don't have to reapply that 4-5 times a day :eek: .

Erm I'm afraid so and it needs to be an SPF of 20 or above, so better to get a seperate SPF cream altogether! UV rays are around us all the time - even indoors in the winter. I have heard that scientists are now saying that UV damage is responsible for up to 90% of ageing.

Erm I'm afraid so and it needs to be an SPF of 20 or above, so better to get a seperate SPF cream altogether! UV rays are around us all the time - even indoors in the winter. I have heard that scientists are now saying that UV damage is responsible for up to 90% of ageing.
You would have to be stood next to the window if UV rays were to affect you indoors though.

Age spots on hands and arms are often worse on drivers,because peeps forget to apply their suncream on their hands and arms.Its the UVA that penetrates more deeply and is responsible for prem aging,although UVA and UVB needs to be present in suncreams.It's quite difficult to remove suncream so as for applying it 4 times a day this isn't always the case.I would follow manufaturers instructions.

If on holiday,and swimming I re-apply as and when needed,if at home I dont re-apply anywhere near 4 times a day as my cream dosn't say I need to.

Also wearing a hat,combined with suncream will help keep those nasties at bay and keeping out of the sun at midday helps.Most of us know these basics but it's amazing how one minute we are pigmentation free and the next thing it's too late and as we all know prevention is better than cure.HTH

Latest posts

Back