What do you wear on your nails??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are you wearing on YOUR nails?

• Clear overlay

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • French / coloured overlay

Votes: 67 22.6%
  • Tips

Votes: 75 25.3%
  • Sculpts

Votes: 40 13.5%
  • Natural Nails

Votes: 105 35.4%

• Total voters
Got akzents colour on which I applied last week over akzents clear & white. Getting long again, and have survived a few l&p infills too.

For those of you with Sculpted nails - do you do it yourself? I don't know if that is a stupid question...

Can you give me some hints on doing my right hand if I am right handed... I had my first attempt today on my nail trainer and it came out ok... (no pics though) but I am so nervous to try on myself...

Any advise?
Jacky

Hi everyone

Apologies if this has already been asked! I am interested to know what you all wear on your nails?

I have seen a return to natural nails with my clients with a lot of them requesting natural manicures rather than extensions, also noticed an increase in my Nail enamel sales.

Personally at the moment i am wearing clear Biosculpture overlays, so what about you guys??

Many thanks for any who reply

Hello
How do you like the Bisoculpture so far? I have used it for years in the past and found that the clear overlays get yellow fast. And the only solution to that is to soak off and start again ... unlike other gels, the Bio sculpture is a rubbery type of gell so you can't really file a lot of the yellowing out like you can with other gels. At least that is the problem I had with it. And that happend to a lot of my clients. And many of them were stay at home ladies who really didn't do anything but go shopping all day :lol: .. so its not like I could say that they used anything on their nails to make them discolour. Most of the overlay clients I had liked their nails clear with the BioSculpture not any polish on it. Certain dark polishes I found would seep into the gel and it was hard to remove the stains.
So over the years I had to research other types of gels and so far I have loved the Christrio and Akzentz. They worked the best for me.
Good luck and please let me know how it works out for you with the Biosculpture.. am curious... maybe they have made a lot of changes to their product I haven't kept up with it. But I know they have the colour gels wich are great and that solves the yellowing problem because its a full color.
:)

Brisa Gel NNO, French, love it, lasts well, good thing - as I too destest doing my own, so time consuming!

Love to wear colored gels, but haven't found one I really like yet, sometimes wear colored polish over the gel just for a different look.

:hug:

Jusy got a NNO on mine at the mo, would usually have french sculpts but shouldn't be wearing anything as I'm doing a swedish massage course at the moment & can't wear enhancements or varnish :( Got to have the pink overlay on though as not to damage my nails as they are really weak plus wouldn't have any nails otherwise!!! Luckily you can't tell!!! Got a little nails art on one of the nails on both hands at the moment also but that'll have to come off for tomorrow night at college :(.

At the moment I have naked nails - cant wait to get my P&W Brisas back on!
KxXx

im wearing white tips from millennium nails and clear gel overlay from nsi with a very light glitter polish on top only because i got fed up with the pink and white as most of my clients are wearing for the do's at the moment.

IM SO LOVING GEL AT THE MINUTE MUCH MORE THAN L&P

love the nails by TC-nails :)

HI

It surprises me how many votes their are for natural nails!

Thanks for all the replies xxx

At the moment brisa clear with POW but on one finger i overlayed it today with creative powder with added hot pink sparkles it looks hot lol

I've got L&P over tips! Did them myself the other night, first time that I have put nails on myself! They are lasting ok so far! lol

How did you find doing your own nails, I still have to do my own, haven't attempted it yet, I think I would find doing my right hand really hard. I'm a beginner you see, only done 1 set of L&P tip's, came out pretty well though.:lol:

I am blessed to have strong natural nails . Doing the job I do everyone asks if they are my own. Unfortunately don't get to polish them as often as I would like as I work in my salon most days.

I do clear overlay on mine...........mainly because I do like the shape and length of my nails but being the mother of a 2 year old I need that extra strength to keep them that way!!:biggrin:

i have just my own natural nails i don't often wear enhancements

i am currently doing an indian head massage diploma and can't wear anything on my nails and they have to be kept very short

i will be so glad to finish just so i grow my nails again

I always have long designed sculpts on, which I change every three weeks!

At right mess at the mo, as I'm in the process of buffing them off!:lol: Later today I'll have 4 nnos, 3 tips and overlays (ski jump nails) and 3 sculpts (getting a nice length, so should be nno in a couple of weeks)!:green:

Planning to do a CBM gel (thanks Adele:hug:) with weeny diamantes on ring fingers. New client on Saturday, so want as natural a look as I can manage. I still have to have my dose of bling, though.

Trust me to be make life difficult for myself!:lol:

I just made a new set with Tips/ UV Gel. i love Nail Art so thats what i wear right now but it is pretty simple

Just changed from Brisa Gel in Pink and white, to Creative L&P Soft white and flawless pink.............loving the natural look and my ladies think they are mine. Well, they are kind of.............I have nno's

Ive got l&p tips on but not that good :-(

All Natural Nails Here!!

I usually have one Tip and Overlay in Fibreglass but I can't seem to master doing it myself as I am right handed and its my index finger on my right hand (it got destroyed when fellow students practiced on me and it wont grow now!!)

well gotta say i am surprised this poll has been running quite a while now and its still Natural nails that all you nail tech's are wearing!

Latest posts

Back