What Gelish colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG juicylucy, can't believe you have that many! Have to say the Gelish ones are lush, I've only got 5, Midnight Caller, Night Reflection, Samuri, Starburst and Good Gossip. Used Good Gossip on a client's toes last night and she loved it! I shouldn't really get any more, but you know I'm gonna..... x

Try layering Good Gossip over Night Reflection, it looks lovely x

Would never have put them together! Have to try now!

Cloughers it's so addictive trying out all the layering options especially as I'm obsessed with then keeping my Gelicure on as long as I can (normally 20/21 days). As I try out more layering I will post a pic if it looks good. JuicyLucy - thank you for your reply :).

Bells vampire with grand jewels, rockstar with Konad.

View attachment 11765I'm addicted to gelish I have around 20 colours and still want more..lol

Hi ladies just thought I'd join in your excitement in the wonders of Gelish. My order has just come today, I'm like a child in a sweetie shop!!
I chose Sheek white for my French polish, red roses for a classic red, need a tan, diva and go girl!!!! They all look fab & I can't wait to start using them!!!
Few questions for you,,,,,???

If I want to achieve a deeper shade of the colour can I do more than 2 layers??

Is dry brushing a must? Do I dry brush after each layer? Do you clean your 'dry brush' after each use?

I will be using a normal 36watt lamp so do I need 2 mins curing time for each layer

Any other hints or tips greatly received!!!

Thanks guys!! Xx

Bells vampire with grand jewels, rockstar with Konad.

View attachment 11765I'm addicted to gelish I have around 20 colours and still want more..lol

This looks amazing!! Bellas vampire looks lush!! How did you do the ring finger nail art?? Xx

Hi ladies just thought I'd join in your excitement in the wonders of Gelish. My order has just come today, I'm like a child in a sweetie shop!!
I chose Sheek white for my French polish, red roses for a classic red, need a tan, diva and go girl!!!! They all look fab & I can't wait to start using them!!!
Few questions for you,,,,,???

If I want to achieve a deeper shade of the colour can I do more than 2 layers??

Is dry brushing a must? Do I dry brush after each layer? Do you clean your 'dry brush' after each use?

I will be using a normal 36watt lamp so do I need 2 mins curing time for each layer

Any other hints or tips greatly received!!!

Thanks guys!! Xx
Hi did my training other day, you only dry brush your foundation layer has this helps polish to adhere. Yes you can put upto 3 layers on also. The foundation layer cures for 1 min and 2 mins for the colour and top it off..

Thanks for that! Does each coat need to be really thin? X

Thanks for that! Does each coat need to be really thin? X

Not really thin, when I first started I did my coats much too thin and the colour looked patchy, but then you dont want each coat to be too thick either, after a few goes you will soon get the hang of it and learn to judge how much to put on.

I wouldnt apply anymore than 3 coats of colour, make sure you float your brush rather than drag it and the colour will go on more evenly.

When you dry wipe the foundation layer you can wipe your brush on a piece of kitchen roll or something lint free after each nail x

Thanks for your advice xx

This looks amazing!! Bellas vampire looks lush!! How did you do the ring finger nail art?? Xx

Hi it's just glitter embedded in ambience with a Konad stamp over the top so easi to do.😄

Just put 3 coats of Good Gossip on my toes. It is the lushest ever! Even on my ugly trotters!

Anyone know of anything very similar to Bio 87 strawberry French, I tried smoothie but not right at all ? X

Can anyone tell me what Gelish colour is similar to Calgel number 43? It's a nude pink with tiny particles of glitter. I use Calgel for my French manicure, and am running low on this colour. I've emailed the uk's distributor for Calgel twice and got no reply, and I've rang up today, they said they were going to call back and they haven't.

So sadly I'm going to stop using Calgel, and i'm going to use Gelish for my french instead. I've never known it so hard to try and order from somewhere. Thanks in advance :) x

Anyone know of anything very similar to Bio 87 strawberry French, I tried smoothie but not right at all ? X

I would maybe say Go Girl is a pretty good match. I just googled the colour as I've not worked with Bio, I dd a set of Gelish with Go Girl today & it looks really similar xx

Stacie , try light elegant , that's what I sometimes use x

black shadow
june bride
shake it till you samba and
night shimmer..

and a new top it off for when i use glitters! :) xx

Hi there!!
When you say you use glitter?? Are you using actual loose glitter? How do you do it? Do you need separate top coat because you get glitter on the brush? X

Hi there!!
When you say you use glitter?? Are you using actual loose glitter? How do you do it? Do you need separate top coat because you get glitter on the brush? X

Yeah loose glitter.. And I bought a separate one because you do get some loose glitter in the brush and i wouldn't want it going onto one of
A plain colour :) xx

Latest posts

Back