What is your weak point?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salpep

Reaction score
I was thinking tonight whilst doing my nails...that I always seem to struggle on the right hand side of doing L&P nails..I do the left fine but I always find that on the right I have missed a tiny bit by the cuticle and have to go back at the end and fill the tiny bit I missed :irked:

Sooooo Do you guys struggle with anything that annoys you?

:hug:

I tend to do the same as you some times, also on my zone one I sometimes struggle with the right side of the smile by its ears or flags. xxx

Hey guys! Mine is the mix ratio of my white powder, because i am mobile the temperature of peoples houses vary loads. Some are absolutely freezing some boiling i find the white powder is so sensitive to heat changes. Every other colour is fine. I have loads of points i feel need improving though my clients are happy but i see faults but i think we need to be aware as then we can work on improvement!x x x
Posted via Mobile Device

When I work left handed I really struggle filing down the right side of my nails.

If you have a weak side when doing nails then do that side first. Usually we will do the strong side first so think about what you are doing and do the difficult first. I picked up this tip from Greg Salo of Young Nails and found it really helped me. May be a psychological thing but who cares? :)

oh where to start.................. the list is endless. I never ever feel happy with the sets i do , i do them and then sit there picking them apart in my head..... i need to stop doing it but i cant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White powder smiles, I hate doing them, think mine are rubbish, any other colour, no probs but the white, thank god we have white tips:lol:
My daughter says its in my head and mine are fine, but we all know we are our own worst critics:rolleyes:

White powder smiles, I hate doing them, think mine are rubbish, any other colour, no probs but the white, thank god we have white tips:lol:
My daughter says its in my head and mine are fine, but we all know we are our own worst critics:rolleyes:

I have the same trouble. The white sets SO quick!! I cant seem to get it all as clean and tidy as i want it before its too late :irked: I'm just hoping the more i do, the quicker i'll get!!!!

I think we all tend to pick holes in our own nails lol

shedonlop--- You could be right about that, maybe I should work the right side of the nails first..it's funny really I'm right handed so you would have thought doing the right side of the nail would be easier...

I will give it a go tomorrow on my clients lol

xx

As much as I love the way it looks, I hate cuticle care; especially on a client who needs a lot of work done!

It makes me nervous... I used to be okay but then I had about two clients in a row that I cut, and since then I'm scared to really dig in :(

If you have a weak side when doing nails then do that side first. Usually we will do the strong side first so think about what you are doing and do the difficult first. I picked up this tip from Greg Salo of Young Nails and found it really helped me. May be a psychological thing but who cares? :)

I started to do this as well. If I start of east I never want to do the hard one! But once that EVIL right hand of DOOM is done, well the left is a nice relaxation reward! lol...

I have issues with my smile, I am getting the Line nice ad smiley but not and..... Clean as I would like. I always seem to get a little shadow. I want it to be more UP and Down like l and not l... so when the pink meets it there is not run over. It looks fine to every one but me. :grr:

Hey guys! Mine is the mix ratio of my white powder, because i am mobile the temperature of peoples houses vary loads. Some are absolutely freezing some boiling i find the white powder is so sensitive to heat changes. Every other colour is fine. I have loads of points i feel need improving though my clients are happy but i see faults but i think we need to be aware as then we can work on improvement!x x x
Posted via Mobile Device

I went to sallys and bought some of their L&P pink and white, and a brush. got a ton of Orange sticks and a case of cheap tips. I sat down and just keep doing it over and over . I am getting faster at them and the smile is getting better all the time, but I am NOT wasting my CND on practice. CND is much easier to work with so switching from one to the other is not a real bug issue for me. I just never use the other on anyone! And man does it stink!

Last edited:
I find that I seem to be completely happy with every set of client nails that I do, but I am NEVER happy with my own ;-)
I think it's because I see mine hundreds of times a day, but I only see the clients' nails twice - when I do them, and when they come back!

I use acrylic templates that I bought on ebay to get perfect smile lines when I use white and pink powder (versus white tips). They can be used to shape the white first then fill with pink, or shape the pink then do the white powder on the tip. Easy peasey, and SYMETRICAL :-D

Latest posts

Back