what sweets did you grow up on.........??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet tabacco
Cough Candy twists
Gold nugets which were in a little bag with a tie top and they were little bits of bubble gum.
The bar of choc which was like a box of chocs.

Can anyone remember the Ice cream that came in a plastic ball, you took the lid off ate the ice cream then put lid back on and you had a little ball the size of a tennis ball.

I am 43 years og age.

Bazooka Joe bubble gum
Spangles
Sherbert dib dab
Traffic light lollies
Poppits
Treats
Galaxy counters
Opal fruits

waaaaaah :cry: I feel old !!!

oh i loved mojo's the 1/2 penny sweets (my kids still dont believe we could get sweets for 1/2 penny,)

a local sweet shop use to sell DOG POO, mars bars put through a mincer and it tasted great, sounds really gross.
i still love the sherbert fountains.
does anyone remember HEDGHOG FLAVOUR CRISPS? i always had a bag of them in my lunch box

What about the little hollow piglets (bacon flavour) they were gorgeous!!!!!!

Amanda

Golden Wonder (are they still in business?) used to make Savoury Vinegar flavoured crisps - mmmmm, I loved those !

karen noodle said:
Golden Wonder (are they still in business?) used to make Savoury Vinegar flavoured crisps - mmmmm, I loved those !

Hmmmm Golden Wonder thats it!!!!! I think they are!!!!!!! not sure though

Poor Bens..............i still get these and love em!!!!!

Amanda

caz3 said:
Can anyone remember the Ice cream that came in a plastic ball, you took the lid off ate the ice cream then put lid back on and you had a little ball the size of a tennis ball.
QUOTE]

They were called Screwballs now called Astronaughts

Amanda - after the New Kids on the Block thing the other week I thought we were long lost twins......then i go to add Parma Violets to the list and i see you're the only other person that's mentioned them! This is getting a bit scary!! LOL:lol:

Anyway, for more sweets look at http://www.britishcandy.com/

HTH

lell said:
I loved Bubblys for 1p the round pink ones Mmmm
Also sherbet fountains, Black Jacks, spangles (remember them lol) and we would buy sherbet loose in bags but we called it Kalie lol

Ohhhh.....I simply loved Spangles, speshly the fizzy cola ones!... and those 1p bubbly's...mmmmm.....ohhh those were the days!!! :)

Tom thumb drops (2oz of these would last ages)
Ice breaker (choc with mint bits in blue wrapper)
Spangles loved h cola ones
Shredded tobacco
coconut ice
kola cubes
ROSY APPLES

Gobstoppers with the pip inthe middle

your making me hungry stop
x

Gobstoppers!!! yeah, nice one Lucia... remember the big ones? Jaw-breakers! Honest, they were the size of cricket balls!

Sherbet Fountain with the licorice in the middle, fantastic, especially when emptying the packet into your mouth as you neared the end. If you took a breath at the wrong time, you diced with death. *COUGH* *GAG* *SPLUTTER* LMAO

foxxyzinha said:
Amanda - after the New Kids on the Block thing the other week I thought we were long lost twins......then i go to add Parma Violets to the list and i see you're the only other person that's mentioned them! This is getting a bit scary!! LOL:lol:

Anyway, for more sweets look at http://www.britishcandy.com/

HTH

He He He......me and the kids fight over em!!!!!!!!!

Amanda

vicky said:
Does anyone remember Moon Dust..! It used to pop and crackly in your mouth.

one of my favs too.

Pineapple Rock!

My mom used to buy a quarter and i could have a couple on a friday night watching the Beauty and the Beast the series.

I loved em!

I hadn't had them for years and one day a friend of mine went to Erdington shopping and she brought me some i ate em in a day (pig) they brought back loads of memories.

Seanny said:
Sherbet Fountain with the licorice in the middle, fantastic, especially when emptying the packet into your mouth as you neared the end. If you took a breath at the wrong time, you diced with death. *COUGH* *GAG* *SPLUTTER* LMAO

PMSL!!!!!

Hi , This Is My First Post Just To Let You Know My Mum Has A Old Fashioned Sweet Shop In North Yorkshire, Nearly All Of The Sweets You All Mentioned Are Still Available And In Stock!! I Am A Chocoholic Myself So None Of Them Tickle My Tasta Buds!

now that's taken me back afew years, just reading the posts and it brought some memories back,
i loved parma violets, sweet tobacco, cola cubes.
i bought cola cubes and my mate bought pineapple cubes, we used to suck em in class and the teacher caught us, only if she asked us a question tho, when trying to talk back, we would have a cube shape sticking out of our cheeks!!!!!!

I grew up with Haribos, thats in the days where Haribos only made the little gold bears...1960's lol.......
They are still my favorite to this day, but now they have a huge range and I love them all xxx

I ate ANY sweets when I was a child (except parma violets, PAH, like purple soap). Would get my pocket money and get my weekly copy of whizzer and chips and the Beano, and then stand for ages in front of the sweetie counter driving the assistant mad as I'd pick up one thing, then change my mind and go for another, I'd be there for ages. I remember my favourite sweets but I'm not sure of the name. They were a fruity chewy sweet and I'm sure they were called Glees. I used to get 8 fruit salads, 8 black jacks and a choccy bar for a shilling (5p in new money).

God I thought I was so rich when my pocket money went from 2 shillings to 50p (don't think my nan knew the conversion rates! ahh decimilisation did my wallet wonders)

i also loved the liquorice wheels with the allsort in the middle, cola bottles, milk bottles,sherbet dibdabs, sherbet fountains (Seanny I was like you, used to choke on the stuff, or the packet would get all soggy and I could never get to the bit at the bottom.)

And stuff sold by the quarter when by the time you got near the end they'd all be stuck to the paper so you'd end up having to suck the paper off.

Don't you feel the sound of the Hovis ad music playing when you read this thread?

sorry if this has been mentioned... I came in on page 3... I loved fruit-salads and those space ship looking sweets with sherbet in the middle that came in pale pink, blue etc... I can't remember the name of them:| actually maybe if I read pages 1 & 2 I might find out :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back