What's your opinion????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
I went shopping last week to the town nearby and noticed a stand....in the centre of all the shops that offered eyebrow threading.
It had SOME boards around it but wasn't really very private tbh.
Is this what it's coming to??
We sit in the middle of shopping centres and offer our services??
Me no likey much. What happened to privacy and professionalism?
Is this what all our FAB beauticians are up against??:irked:

I totally agree, but I know for a fact that these rules are made by the directors of the shopping malls.

I'm a consultant/trainer for a chain of Brow Bars and they have a constant battle on their hands with these issues. Every single thing has to be run by them and they set the rules. xxx

I went shopping last week to the town nearby and noticed a stand....in the centre of all the shops that offered eyebrow threading.
It had SOME boards around it but wasn't really very private tbh.
Is this what it's coming to??
We sit in the middle of shopping centres and offer our services??
Me no likey much. What happened to privacy and professionalism?
Is this what all our FAB beauticians are up against??:irked:

I've seen those in Bury, or is that where u mean? I was thinking the same about privacy and people stopping and staring!

There is a few of these by me and tbh they always seem busy!! It is in the big shopping malls though so get a lot of foot traffic. xx

It would be ok if it was just a "one off" to promote it. I certainly would not want to be lying in full view of everyone.

I've seen those in Bury, or is that where u mean? I was thinking the same about privacy and people stopping and staring!

hehe I forgot you were nearby!! Yes BURY!!!
It just seems so unbelievable but I guess these days anything goes??
why not have a lovely treatment in a fab salon for a couple of quid more?
How the heck can you relax etc in that kind of climate??

Different strokes for different folks I guess but I for one would never, ever want to get my eyebrows done in a shopping centre (or my nails either).

They've got an eyebrow threading stall in Telford shopping centre too, in full view of all the passers by (no privacy at all)...

I have seen that one in Bury, I must admit I would rather be in a salon, or at least not in complete full view

I think it's a different type of customer... what I mean is, someone who is tempted to have a spontaneous brow shape in a shopping mall, is not necessarily the sort of person who would have booked into a salon. When they want them re-done though, they'll probably have to go to a salon, because the stand in the mall will be long gone.

I think it's a different type of customer... what I mean is, someone who is tempted to have a spontaneous brow shape in a shopping mall, is not necessarily the sort of person who would have booked into a salon. When they want them re-done though, they'll probably have to go to a salon, because the stand in the mall will be long gone.

But will it??
I think they will accept this as "the way it goes"
And continue to do it.
If you didn't know any better how could you NOT do it?? They are THERE advertising ...in your face...
YOU could be tempted not knowing any better....
I don't see this as a good sign for our beauty therapists who know their stuff. It's like an NSS for them tbh.

We used to have nail bars in the malls here, a bit like carts (I don't know how to describe them....). not actual shops, just counters, and they have all gone. Hopefully it will be a flash in the pan.

Also... brow shapes are not big money, our proper customers who spend proper money won't be tempted.

Like someone else said, it's horses for courses, some folks will think it's great... cheap and convenient. Until they get all spotty from the unsanitised tweezers:twisted:

I went to college with a nail tech who was set up in a mall, not a cart though a corner of the mall sectioned off for her with tables.
She didn't take any walk in's because she was booked back to back with her regulars and she had two other techs working for her.

They've got an eyebrow threading stall in Telford shopping centre too, in full view of all the passers by (no privacy at all)...
One in The Glades Shopping Centre in Bromley too, that I noticed last friday. Mmmmm nice . . . nowhere for the 'therapist' to wash her hands . . . lovely and hygienic, and all those shoppers strolling past coughing and sneezing because it's that time of year too. Good luck to anyone getting their eyebrows done there, they'll need it. :eek:

We have similar here but it's with massage. Seated massage in the middle of the shopping centre with a few boards around. I've been there quite a few times when I've been walking past.

We have them in the malls in leeds but i have never seen anyone having a treatment yet, hopefully they will faze out as it does seem to be a different therapist every time i have seen them there

Hi.

I have to say that I'm a real fan of threading, but ...... am a little worried about the cleanliness of some of them, I know that they offer this service in department stores. I once visited one and asked if she was going to use an anti bac wash before threading - she didn't but I was too embarrassed to walk away once sitting in the chair.

However, the one at Harvey Nics in London is ab fab! It's pricey but really is good and pure luxury, they give you a mini head massage at the end - a treat but not too often!

Round these parts the brow bars are the most expensive way of doing it. Salons offer threading for about £3-£4, brow bars between £6 - £10, I wax brows and charge £5.50.

... all that effort, time, money etc from the therapist, the best way to tackle this problem is to spread the word to $your clients and their wiser network and go on about health and safety, cross contamination, (how does the threader wash their hands) no training etc.

I think the one in bury has gone..... unless I walked past it and didnt notice it :lol: which is possible. I think it's funny how they have put it very close if not outside the Sallys shop :lol:

Latest posts

Back