When clients do question time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

question time

• I always answer clients questions

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • I sometimes dont know the answer

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I ignore them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will answer the question and always add more info for them too

Votes: 49 53.3%

• Total voters

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Just thought I would find out how you react when you have a client that asks you lots of question about the nail systems etc while your working.

I would explain everything to them. I feel like they have a right to know what type of product they are getting applied. An educated consumer is the best kind, that way they also know what's quality and what's not.

I remember when I worked in a salon, having a client who constantly asked about my techniques, products and reasons why etc. So basically I told her what I knew on a professional level.

Couldn't help but think that she was trying to catch me out though, which she didn't. Any way she went away with a great set of nails that she too was pleased with.

Later one of my fellow tech's came up to me and said, " How did you get on with Mrs "x"? " I said fine, and asked why.

Turns out that every one had been avoiding doing her, and I ended up with the short straw. But why? I later found out she was another nail technician and quite a reputable one around this area.

However I'm glad to say that she didn't freak me in anyway, though how I didn't work that one out in the first place is beyond me!!!

So a lesson to be learned here, when giving advice, or technical info on your work or products, make sure you know what you're talking about. This situation could have been so much more different!:)

If I know the answer I will confidently give them all the details that are apparent. I like my clients asking me questions, it shows interest and I feel they are the clients who take notice of after care and look after their nails better.

If I don't know the answer to their question, I tell them so but I say I will find out for them for their next appointment. Thankfully I haven't had the 'sorry I don't know question yet' :)

If I know the answer I will confidently give them all the details that are apparent. I like my clients asking me questions, it shows interest and I feel they are the clients who take notice of after care and look after their nails better.

If I don't know the answer to their question, I tell them so but I say I will find out for them for their next appointment. Thankfully I haven't had the 'sorry I don't know question yet' :)

This is me too. I do find I work a bit slower if I need to really explain something carefully to them but it's nice that they care enough to ask really!

I love it when clients ask me all about what im doing and how and why etc, it gives me something to talk about that I enjoy talking about instead of the usual gossip and chatter, (dont like it when they ask about my personal life) so i ticked always answer the question and more, I surprise my self sometimes too cos i will answer a question and think to myself oh i had forgotten I knew that lol

I always try to answer my client to the best of my knowledge! If i don't know an answer i know where to find it, so i do try to make sure i have any information or answers they have asked for or may ask on their next appointment!

For me the more question asked the more chance i get to embed my knowledge.
Learning from books and classes is very good but i don't always take it all in (not that i don't understand it... i do )

Don't get me wrong i do eventually absorb the information but find these days i am slower to learn and i think i am more of practical/visual learner (if you know what i mean) than a academic learner i.e. from books and literature.

As the saying goes practice makes perfect, well for me same goes when it comes down to question and answers the more asked the better my understanding becomes too. Hope that makes sense!!!

Christi
xx

I love being asked questions. I surprise myself with how much I have learned sometimes !!!!

I love being asked questions. I surprise myself with how much I have learned sometimes !!!!

I feel the same as you Adele, I love it when I am asked something and then, when I am prattling on, I feel quite proud when I can explain what I am doing. :)

I'm the same ( although I did have a client that ask the same questions everytime she came).

I often get asked questions about what I am doing, I find lots of people work differently so I like to explain what I am doing throughout my applying their enhancements and if they ask questions I will answer them, that is if I know the answer.

As said its good that they take an interest in whats happening and I find that these clients are the ones that look after their nails the best too.

I feel exactly the same as this, only the other day a young girl kept asking me questions as I sat and did her sisters' nails, the sister told her to be quiet and not be so rude but I told her it was fine and that I didn't mind.

I suprised myself too, I looked back to when I first started and thought I know quite a bit now, it's a great feeling and I'm not offended if people ask questions.

Teri x:hug:

i always answer questions if i know the answer , if i dont , i always find out for the next appt ,
i love being asked questions ,as i get to waffle about my favourite subject :lol:

with a new client i always explain what i am doing ( especially with the prep) and why..it helps to keep the conversation going when confronted with a shy new client..plus if they ever go anywhere else..they will know if that techs skipping anything..i think its up to us to educate our clients..but theres a fine line between education and boring them to death,lol.
so i guess the answer to your question lelli,is i dont wait for them to ask me!

I love clients that want to know everything. When you answer all their questions I think they learn to value your knowledge & realise it's not just a matter of slapping on a bit of product.

i always answer a client's questions! It's important that they understand exactly what you are doing and what everything does. To me it also shows that they are interested in what you are doing.

My reply to this thread is identical to yours Jen.

i love it when clients ask loads of questions i think they should!! if it were me id want to know everything!! i think it is im[ortant that they ask the questions as then they are more at ease and reasured, after all we are always saying we need to educate the clients!!!!

If they make the mistake of asking questions, I'll talk about the subject until their eyes glaze over!:lol:

Seriously though, I love it when the client takes a genuine interest in the treatment. Especially when it comes to dispelling myths ("I heard fake/false/acryclic nails damage your own nails", "Those white marks are caused by calcium deficiency aren't they?", etc. etc).

Latest posts

Back