Where can I get a metal waxing spatula?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie32

Reaction score
we got ours for the salon from a website waxandbeauty.com . I dont use it though. gone back to plain old wooden ones.!

Beauty express do metal spatulas.

I get mine from Thalgo. 0207 512 0872. xxx

I've no idea why you'd want one! :) Wooden ones have a perfectly negligible cost - and keep your wax sterile too.

I've no idea why you'd want one! :) Wooden ones have a perfectly negligible cost - and keep your wax sterile too.

Are you sure about that? Are they sterilised before packaging ? Is the packaging sterile?

In my opinion, strip waxing large areas with a regular sized wooden spat is like painting your hallway with a lipbrush. xx

Last edited:
and to add,
metal spats are re-useable (& steriliseable), wooden ones are'nt, so imo metal is the less expensive option in the long run.

:)

Are they sterilised before packaging ? Is the packaging sterile?
Err, I think a rephrase is in order :lol:.

I make no claim to waxing spatulas being sterile - I am wrong and I'll shuffle off to the naughty corner - however; I am 100% sure there are no residual bits of my customers cooking nicely in my pots. No skin cells, no sweaty bits hairs or roots - nothin'! Nothing to pass generously on to my next customer!

I know this because nothing that ever touches my customers ever goes back in the pots. It's just the way I was trained. So sorry, it's not a personal mission!

This is a bit like "what's the best wax?" - eh? xxx :hug:

Forgive me if im nieve in saying this but if you use a metal spatula do you not have to sterilise it after every client otherwise you'll cross contaminate?

The wax is not changed so even though you clean the spatula (metal)after each client you are still swiping it across their skin then dipping it in the wax repeatedly.
I can't take either side on which one to use because it does seem a little silly to use 10 sticks or more for a full leg waxing, metal ones can be easier to use but from my experience the "eew" factor is cut down from clients when you use wooden ones. Ive had clients question the issue enough times to know that they seem to like the wooden ones. Especially with Brazilians, I mean I wouldn't want to know, cleaned or not, that the spatula used on my...ahem...bits...was used on the bits of others...
However, using a metal spatula with hard wax is a bit cleaner then using one with soft wax.
Just my humble mutterings.

Well you're not going to use a metal spatula for intimate waxing!!
Metal spatulas are for larger areas and make the job much quicker.
I use metal and plastic spatulas along with disposable ones.
I always use disposable ones for my non-strip wax.
For larger areas i use metal or plastic and i can assure you that nothing from my clients makes it back into the wax pot!
The only thing that touches the client is wax.
This debate has been done before and everyone has different views.
I am a clean freak, everything has to be in its place and scrupulously clean and i certainly wouldn't use anything if i thought there was a risk of cross-contamination.
To say you are putting bits of skin back in the pot is ridiculous unless you have no idea what you are doing!

Forgive me if im nieve in saying this but if you use a metal spatula do you not have to sterilise it after every client otherwise you'll cross contaminate?

You use a clean one for each client. xxx

The wax is not changed so even though you clean the spatula (metal)after each client you are still swiping it across their skin then dipping it in the wax repeatedly.
I can't take either side on which one to use because it does seem a little silly to use 10 sticks or more for a full leg waxing, metal ones can be easier to use but from my experience the "eew" factor is cut down from clients when you use wooden ones. Ive had clients question the issue enough times to know that they seem to like the wooden ones. Especially with Brazilians, I mean I wouldn't want to know, cleaned or not, that the spatula used on my...ahem...bits...was used on the bits of others...
However, using a metal spatula with hard wax is a bit cleaner then using one with soft wax.
Just my humble mutterings.

I do find that in the US, Canada and Australia, there seems to be an obsession with cross contamination. Strangely, in all the years I've been waxing, I've never known of, or had one of my clients get an infection. EVER! This does seem to be something that happens in other countries but I don't understand why.

I take regular advice from UK doctors and I've spoken at length with the UK Sexually Transmitted Disease clinic and they all agree that the actual chances of anyone becomming infected with anything is so small that it's not a concern. We can become infected from anything and everything in life.

Just to clarify:

I never use the same spatula from one client to another.

I never double dip on Intimate Area, Under Arms and Nose because these are where the MRSA bugs are likely to store.

I never double dip when there's blood spotting.

While I'm on a rant. With regard to guidelines......they are just guidelines and not the law. I prefer to take advice fromthe medical profession because I know for a fact that some of the people that actually write these guidelines don't actually follow them themselves. I've seen them double dip when they thought nobody was watching. FACT.

Last edited:
So I have a waxing questions for all you more knowledgable than I. What do you recommend to avoid double dipping? I recently got out of school and was taught there that if you use a metal spatula that you can reuse it in your tub of wax and with wooden ones you have to use a new stick for every application. How do all of you that use wooden spatulas do it then? Do you somehow put some wax in a smaller container to use only for that client. Or do you use a new spatula for every application? And those that use metal spatulas do you use them all the time for every client. I'm just not sure what to do. i want to be clean but don't want to have to use 100 different sticks on one person. Help. Thank you

I know this is an old topic but I am looking for an all metal spatula ( including the handle) not the ones with the wooden handle...does anyone know where I can find them?

Disclaimer...I use disposables on all intimate waxing & don't double dip. I also offer my clients their own pot of wax at a $15 charge but then give them 10% off their services. I would like to continue to use metal spatulas for large areas like legs but don't like that I can't sanitize a wooden handle.

I know this is an old topic but I am looking for an all metal spatula ( including the handle) not the ones with the wooden handle...does anyone know where I can find them?

Disclaimer...I use disposables on all intimate waxing & don't double dip. I also offer my clients their own pot of wax at a $15 charge but then give them 10% off their services. I would like to continue to use metal spatulas for large areas like legs but don't like that I can't sanitize a wooden handle.

Oddly look at catering supplies companies for sugar craft tools.

Thank you Fozzyo :)

Latest posts

Back