Which company are you with now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which company are you trained with?

• Bio Sculpture

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Calgel

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • Creative Nail Design

Votes: 144 42.0%
  • Essential Nails

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • EZFlow

Votes: 49 14.3%
  • LCN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Millennium

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • NSI

Votes: 59 17.2%
  • OPI

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Other (please expand)

Votes: 83 24.2%

• Total voters
well i started using CND when i did my NVQ and then used it in salon

i found EzFlow just over 5 yrs ago ... was v impressed so converted and it has changed my career (and life) totally.... if you'd have told me when i did my first EzFlow class with Antony... that in a few yrs time id be a master artist educator and have my own salon.... id have thought you were mad!

Jess
xox

ps... i voted EzFlow ;) natch...lol

I started off with Essential Nails but sooned learned there was sooo much more I had to learn so I enrolled into my local Beauty College to study a Mani, pedi and Nail technician course where they used NSI and IBD products. Soon I will be starting more training this year just not sure which courses to take yet.

I trained in Lechat, but after reading everyones responses I wouldn't mind giving Creative a go.I'll have to look into courses coming up around my area ( few and far between ).

Hi Lisa,

I cant remeber why exactly this is izzidoll knows as she trained me lol, we covered sculpting and I think the 5 day foundation only covers tips. Ask Izzi she'll be able to tell you and advise if there is a 12day course in your area, I think Edinburgh is the only 12day foundation course in Scotland. Hope this helps x

hi sarah how come ur foundation is 12 days? mine is suposed to be just 5?

I trained with Bio Scuplture, for the enhancements as well as SpaManicure & SpaPedicure. Love it!

I trained with Olivia Rogers Nail Academy using millennium products for gel nails and manicure. Had a few problems but was delighted at the help and support Olivia has given me and she has offered to open her salon on Monday (bank hol in N.I.) so that I can bring a model down and we can go over my lifting probs!

Once this has been sorted I plan to return for more training in silk and acrylic!

I trained at first with Star nails, but become allergic to the monomer, i then found EZ Flow and have never looked back since.

I am fully converted and shortly be doing my Masters as i also wish to become and educator. I am constantly updating my training and always learn new techniques, even if it's the system i use all the time, you never know it all.

okay I might be dating myself here but I started with No Lift l&p used it for many years. you know the saying if it aint broke don't fix it, well that was me even though it yellowed and was a b*tch to use. I used it for 7yrs:eek: I than ran into supply problems and was forced to try other products. I've used OPI, Creative, YN, INM and NSI. I'm a die hard NSI and INM user!!! I'm glad that I had issues getting No Lift otherwise I never would have looked outside of the box. I am now willing to try anything, but I keep going back to INM & NSI they work the best for me.

I trained with NSI for nails & then did other courses/treatments with VTCT, Caflon & Naturasun. :)

all my training has been with creative nail design xx

Trained with Galaxy, IBD, LCN, and Ezflow. Master Artist and Educator for Ezflow. Tried all sorts of systems, but always used a lot of Millennium products and liked them, and made the decision to train in Millennium.

We all have our personal choices, and I think we all should respect those differences.

My own choice was that I looked behind the hype, realised that a well-trained tech. could work well with most systems and took it from there. Works for me.

I did a course with someone who is considered very good (in Jerusalem). Then I found the Nail Geek (as it was then) site and realised the training and products were utter cr#p.
Did an induction with Creative in London and LOVE the products.
Im going to have to start using NSI products though as I cant get Creative here (sob sob)
(Im not saying anything against NSI btw :eek: )

i went to college to do my training.i was taught by denise wright using nsi l&p.i also learnt fibreglass with her to.i loved it.

Did my college course with OPI and then trained to achieve my certificate with them in Absolute. Completed my Creative l&p class a few weeks ago and saw a vast improvement in my technique. Still, a long way to go yet and lots of practicing ahead.

S

I trained with lots of different products ...so long now I can't even remember the very first one..LOL.. it was odorless though ......back when they first came out in the 80's......but have tried MANY different ones.....and have went to MANY different classes since then .......my favorites that I've used for the past ten years and still now are Creative and my Ez-Flow....

I originally trained with Ezflow, have done some with NSI, and am now soely a Creative Nail Design tech.:green:

I have trained with nsi, creative and ibd. I am currently trying to find a ed here in perth for ezflow training...but looks like i may have to jump on a plane!

I did my HND at college the conversion couses with creative, NSI, ez flow found Young Nails 2 Years ago and have never looked back.

Now the Scottish Educator for Young nails and Loving it

Hi,

i have recently finished my nail course in melbourne and while training i was using a gel product called wonder gel this product was apparently from america which my trainer said she used in her salon. i am now looking for a gel product i can use in my soon to start home business. i was wondering what other technitians thoughts were on ubd products and can anyone highly reccomend a gel

thanks

H..

I trained with NSI l&p then gel but didnt like the balance white, then trained with 2 other private centres who used private label products ( really bad) I trained with Christrio then went back to college to get my ITEC where we used Young, converted to Young after and did a Tammy Taylor sculpting course 2 weeks ago. Have also done a Creative solar mani course.
I love training as I love different trainers perspective on nails and products, for me its the trainer I'm attracted to not necessarily the products if I want to learn how to do nails like Leighton Denny I go to Leighton Denny if you know what I mean.
I'll probably stick with Young as they have every thing I need, TTayor is the fastest sculpter in the world so was dying to try her products but it was the technique I was after not changing my products.

Latest posts

Back