Which company are you with now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which company are you trained with?

• Bio Sculpture

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Calgel

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • Creative Nail Design

Votes: 144 42.0%
  • Essential Nails

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • EZFlow

Votes: 49 14.3%
  • LCN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Millennium

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • NSI

Votes: 59 17.2%
  • OPI

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Other (please expand)

Votes: 83 24.2%

• Total voters

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
Alot of people did short courses consisting of 1 or 2 days... or some people have done home courses from afar... and switched or are happy where they are...

.. so right now, who are you trained with?

I know this has been covered probably more times than we've had hot dinners.. but there are lots of new Geeks on at the moment and if we could all post a little comment too.. perhaps there is someone in your locality who could help you out.. or at least you can find out which Geeks use what....

Initially trained with Star nails. Went on to Odyssey Acrylic and Ceasers Gel. Am now with NSI Acrylic.

initially trained or not trained with local accadamy now trained with NSI love them love their products love their everything :lol:

I originally trained with Backscratchers then converted to Creative and haven't looked back :D

Good thread!

I trained with E-Nails in Manchester in February 2005. I have since converted to Creative.

I trained originally on a leisure course at college and then my first professional course was with Essential Nails, lured by the anticipation of being a "fully trained Nail Technician after what could be as little as 20 hours home study"

For many reasons discussed many times on here, it didn't quite work out that way, and I quickly came to the conculsion that if I was going to give this industry my best efforts I needed to train with what I saw the best educators and suppliers. I chose Bio Sculpture initally as they have a massive product following in my area, with plenty of growth opportunity for the new tech, and they were local to me...something i can't actually underestimate the importance of when you want to 'nip in and sort out a small issue'. I consider Bio my main service currently, as 90% of my cleints are Bio gel clients.

I then added L&P and Spa Mani/Pedi from Creative and Fabric#, as I felt the strong need to be a 'full service technician' but in all honesty, I still shy away from new sets in L&P and anything I do in this system tends to be re-balances. I feel some more 1-1 coming on with Creative in Summer to lift the mental blockage of this!

I am trained with creative xx

I trained with Creative, 12day foundation course in Edinburgh, hope to go back soon for skill building and have my SPA course booked for the end of March. I'm happy with Creative and see no reason to change. x

I originally trained with Creative - left and tried other things and then returned after about 3 years.

hi sarah how come ur foundation is 12 days? mine is suposed to be just 5?

i posted creative nail design, as i plan to train with these. I wasnt going to though till i joined this site.

i completed my vtct course last july

am thinking about some company training in the near future

Creative right from the start, i was lucky cos i had no one to ask and went with the closest to me which happened to be creative, i could have gone to college but i dont have the patience

i did 4 day course with a salon near me last nov (realised it was a load of pants and i couldnt get insurance even if id of thought i was ready to go out and do nails, which i wasnt) and thankfully found this site, am booked on VTCT manicure course in march and waiting to do creative foundation course as soon as i have models sorted

nicky xx

good thread by the way, :lol:

I first trained with Essential Nails then went on to do my Foundation Course with Creative and have to say never looked back since:hug:

My training has all been with Creative.

I originally trained with united beauty, using essential nails( wasn't a home learn it was classroom based), I then converted to EzFlow and loving it :)

I am trained with both EZFlow and CND.....plus my VTCT at college, where we used EZFlow products.

My very first experience with nails was using the Edge gel.

One of those 2 day courses. :rolleyes:
Didn't particularly get on well with it.

So off to Creative I went.
And stayed.

I did tons of research before I embarked on this and decided to go to Creative, which I've never regretted. I'm hoping to book my Pre-Masters soon.....

I'm not close-minded though and am definitely having a nosey and some demos at ExCel this weekend!

Latest posts

Back