Which first - Manicure or Pedicure??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenniesuffolk

Reaction score
When a client wants to have both a manicure and pedicure in one appointment which do you do first?

I have always soaked the feet whilst doing the manicure but alot of my friends have said that this is not the way they were taught and it was better to do the manicure first (not sure why!!).

Be interested in your views.

Depends on what the client has on her feet - if she is wearing closed in shoes or sandals that cover her toes then I do the pedicure first. If the client is wearing good open toes shoes then I would do the manicure first so her polished nails have plenty of time to dry before leaving the salon.

If you are soaking the clients feet whilst doing the manicure aren't they soaking quite a long time?

Depends on what the client has on her feet - if she is wearing closed in shoes or sandals that cover her toes then I do the pedicure first. If the client is wearing good open toes shoes then I would do the manicure first so her polished nails have plenty of time to dry before leaving the salon.

If you are soaking the clients feet whilst doing the manicure aren't they soaking quite a long time?

Sorry - meant to say I soak the clients feets whilst doing the polish - yes it would be a very long time if it was throughout the whole manicure -:eek:

There is no right or wrong here, so you do what you and your client think. I tend to do manicure first, as my pedi finishes on the couch for the massage, polish ect, so they get to have a nice relax. As Oey has said, if closed in shoes are worn, and they dont want to go out in pedi slippers, pedi first. hth:hug:

i do pedi first as i find that polish on the toes takes longer to dry.... just my way :hug:

I always do the pedi first...that way, the toes have more time to dry. :)

The client will need to use her hands first so I'd do the mani first and at the later stages of it soak the feet in preparation. You can always use disposable flip flops for clients who are a bit clumsy x

i do pedi first so polish has time to dry, and also client has time to relax and have coffee, whilst i'm doing there feet, leaving there hands free, very nice especially if they have had a busy day xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is what I would do also....I always advise clients to bring flip flop type shoes for pedicures.

Clients can still have a relaxing cuppa whilst having a pedi and their finger nails are drying.

i agree, just as long as the client is happy x

i do the mani first that way it gives their nails a chance to dry good while i am doing their feet..and they wear flip flops out of my shop.

Hands first - then feet.

Its going to be the finger nails that smudge first - they can be drying while the pedicure is being carried out.

The toes can be in seperators for a while to dry.

Latest posts

Back