Which geeks do you most admire and why !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsaremad

Reaction score
I have several favourite geeks for all sorts of reasons! Firstly Tiptop, she is such a joy to be around and has given me her time and has inspired me we are ying and yang, secondly Britta and Colin a lovely couple who bring much advice and light relief to the forum they are there own ying and yang Mr and Mrs Geek they do a good job in keeping the forum going and are very good at keeping things calm even when they are banging there heads against a wall fourthly Geeg forthright and formidable I will admit to being absolutely star struck and terrified at the same time ! Fifthly my inspiration team Victoria , izzidoll, divalounge, fifitrix, natrualnails you are all willing to try something new share your expierences good or bad share your latest work moderate with style ! So that is my list who is on yours !
Posted via Mobile Device

Too many to name. I admire all geeks as I've gotten something valuable from everyone. :)

There are so many for various reasons from business skills to teaching skills but the one who sprug to mind as soon as I read this thread was Fifitrix.

What can I say about her she is one of the kindest people I know who shares her knowledge without a second thought and her work is phenomenal I would love to produce nails even half as good.
Even if she is going through a tough time she is always ready to offer you a hug so this is why I admire her so much:hug::hug::hug:

I have to agree Fifitrix is right up there on my inspiration and admiration list. She offers advice without prejudice, and comes across as a real genuine and loving person :)

Mum and Geeg are also on my list - and then all of the rest of the Geeks who each bring thier own little bit of kick wtih them.

Tip Top, she is an inspiration, great laugh and always there for advice, :hug:

Each and everyone is great in their own unique ways,even those that can be plonkers at times as they simply make the good ones look and shine even better :hug:

Great community and support when and where needed from everyone on the site....quiet unique me thinks :hug:

Last edited:
I don't think I could possibly make a list...i would write and re-write it all day long...I admire anyone who is prepared to take what they have learned and freely share that with others who are willing to learn....I also admire those who are willing to learn to not come on here with the "i already know it all" attitude....its like wearing blinkers IMO...look what you could be missing out on...:lol:

I admire most, not a person but a place....www.SalonGeek.com and all who sail on it :)

I agree and couldnt name singular geeks, but everyone shines in their own way....some you really warm to, want to hug or help, some I envy for their courage and openness to speak their mind, some for their skill or sensitivity and some others for brightening the day!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all are what makes salongeek so special!!! Keep rocking girls and boys and lets all work together in keeping this a special place for everything from business advice, humour and friendships :hug:

Too many to name. I admire all geeks as I've gotten something valuable from everyone. :)

Looking at that hat of yours...and by the way you look even smaller than a certain "other" elf :eek:.....maybe you could persuade a peep to knit you another one LOL :eek::lol::hug:

I have several favourite geeks for all sorts of reasons! Firstly Tiptop, she is such a joy to be around and has given me her time and has inspired me we are ying and yang, secondly Britta and Colin a lovely couple who bring much advice and light relief to the forum they are there own ying and yang Mr and Mrs Geek they do a good job in keeping the forum going and are very good at keeping things calm even when they are banging there heads against a wall fourthly Geeg forthright and formidable I will admit to being absolutely star struck and terrified at the same time ! Fifthly my inspiration team Victoria , izzidoll, divalounge, fifitrix, natrualnails you are all willing to try something new share your expierences good or bad share your latest work moderate with style ! So that is my list who is on yours !
Posted via Mobile Device

What a fab thread and thankyou Sue (catsaremad) and crystalwags for your lovely compliment about me:o:hug: I feel that this site is my inspiration to make my business a success and I take on board all the advice given and act on it, and if i can advise/inspire anyone in the process then this makes me one very happy geek:lol: I agree with Bagpuss, I could not possibly name all the geeks that are my favourite as all geeks keep this site going, IMO any geeklin new or oldish who have not become a premium geek yet should do so as all the Mods and the Sweets do a grand job of keeping this site user friendly and if geeklins have taken one piece of advice from here and its worked for their business then they should make some sort of contribution towards the site. I would like to add to your comments about Geeg I 100% agree with you as she is more than willing to troubleshoot and offer her advice to any geek no matter what system they use.

This site rocks and I wouldn't know what I'd do if this site did not exist as you all mean so much to me :Love:

Sue xxx

I agree and couldnt name singular geeks, but everyone shines in their own way....some you really warm to, want to hug or help, some I envy for their courage and openness to speak their mind, some for their skill or sensitivity and some others for brightening the day!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all are what makes salongeek so special!!! Keep rocking girls and boys and lets all work together in keeping this a special place for everything from business advice, humour and friendships :hug:

I really could not improve on this answer. It says it all.

The whole site is unique in the amount of expertise it offers, the support (both professional and personal) the true friendships formed here with other like-minded individuals all over the world, and the real bond all we geeks share.

I have been reading this site and learning soooo much daily for over a year. I recently found myself not too lazy to join LOL. I have always loved COLLIN his knowledge-constant contributions of his knowledge-his words are always kind and professional-I love his avatar. He seems like a person I would love to meet and would enjoy working with. I think he has very happy clients who love to keep their appointments. He's probably very productive and profitable. These are the thoughts his posts always bring to my mind. :green:

Each and everyone is great in their own unique ways,even those that can be plonkers at times as they simply make the good ones look and shine even better

Great community and support when and where needed from everyone on the site....quiet unique me thinks

I agree.
Lovely thread, and thanks again for the kind words, Cat.:hug:

But......... if I won the lottery.... and could go on a world tour visiting with certain geeks for ummm some 1-to-1 training :green:(and maybe a glass of good old fashioned alcohol or two lol)... I'd go see: Geeg, Carl, Antony B, Judy19-something(can never remember the year lol), Liliya (russian artist), Heather Davis, Sam Biddle, Fiona (gotta get hooked up with some of them graphics lol)Valencianails,... crap...... the list is getting too long and I think my kids might complain about me doing nails all the time and not sight-seeing....better stop here before I list ALL the members.

But you get my drift. I'd seek out the tip-top training world wide.

The resources on this site are unequaled anywhere else.
I know once, way back, I started a great thread that was homage to geeks (and me thinks it got archived) and there were some truly lovely posts on it.

This community is unique and unequalled...... nowhere else will you get a kick in the ass and a kiss on the cheek at the same time
:lol:

I most admire anyone who replies and offers help!

Minky is great on the hair forum, kimberly* and Colin have helped me with my Tanning questions, and Ruth Mills is helping me with a website.

But so many people have helped me, answered my posts, and PMd me to offer help and advice so thanks to EVERYONE i say!! xx

collin!! ruth mills and angellina 221 , collin is a competitor of ours but he has been totally selfless and has offered us as a company some sound advice, he also telephoned me on a very black day back in sept,to introduce himself and offer advice,I have the upmost respect for him :hug:
and our ruthie!! well shes responsible for our web site design and has become a firm friend as well as a service provider,I would recommend her to anybody,some people were a little taken aback by us having a transexual web designer on board,
we chose her because shes a lovely person, an IT genius,and an all round good egg :hug:
Angellina221 because she introduced us to this site and to Ruth,weve had some great banter on here and she always gives great advice, and also because i am going to have a colonic there soon!! and if i dont mention her she might flush me out with boiling water :lol::lol:

One person i admire is Zo Zo....i love her honesty and her straight forward approach in business.She is one smart cooky:hug:

I cannot pick any names over others, but just love you all!!!!:hug:

collin!! ruth mills and angellina 221 , collin is a competitor of ours but he has been totally selfless and has offered us as a company some sound advice, he also telephoned me on a very black day back in sept,to introduce himself and offer advice,I have the upmost respect for him :hug:
and our ruthie!! well shes responsible for our web site design and has become a firm friend as well as a service provider,I would recommend her to anybody,some people were a little taken aback by us having a transexual web designer on board,
we chose her because shes a lovely person, an IT genius,and an all round good egg :hug:
Angellina221 because she introduced us to this site and to Ruth,weve had some great banter on here and she always gives great advice, and also because i am going to have a colonic there soon!! and if i dont mention her she might flush me out with boiling water :lol::lol:

Why thank you Steve ....being a competitor is one thing and that is simply business...being a human being is what truly sets us apart.
I remember that "dark day" you refer to not so long ago now...it was a dark day indeed for not only you but this site also when you were set upon by an angry mob who quiet frankly simply followed the mood and really were not acting appropriately nor within the limitations set by the site owners.

What was being reported simply just didn't make sense at all so the only real way of finding out what was going on was to do it the old fashioned way...pick up the dam phone and speak to you and find out the truth.

Sometimes there is far to much "assuming" going on followed by the "herding" effect....all wrong,inappropriate,unnecessary and dam right unprofessional.

Glad you've bounced back and proved all those "herding" ,misinformed and down right rude sceptics wrong.....your contribution to the spray tan postings is of great value to many

Not a negative posting more a positive one and one that I do hope many have learnt from that "dark Day" of yours Steve...we've all had them and experienced the deluge ourselves :hug:

I admire the fact that many of you have taken the bull by the horns and are working for yourself (rather than the man).

I know it scared the hell out of me when I did it years ago- and wasnt lucky enough to have a place like this to bounce ideas off.

I've worked doing logo's and whatnot for dozens of people on here- and you've all been an absolute pleasure to work with/for and I'd hate to single anyone out. Making me chuckle on email offsets the rather odd practice of working with people but never actually seeing or meeting them! :) And seeing my stuff on people's avatars is really heart-warming.

and yeah- Ruth's cool :)

I have many and couldn't possibly mention ALL of the people who have helped me and that I have met and have become REAL FRIENDS.

If I had to single one person out for my utter admiration there is no question in my mind is is Zingara, her strength and determination in the truly awful situation she found herself in 2 years ago with our beautiful Geek Baby Morgandie was awe inspiring!!!! Her strength, courage and positive thinking was truly an inspiration to me I have no idea where she gets her strength. I am truly blessed to call her a friend and I cannot wait to finally meet her in person.:hug:

Latest posts

Back