Which geeks do you most admire and why !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great thread!
There are loads that i can think of. I don't do nails but i've seen the valuable input of geeg, fifitrix and lots of others.
Minky is always very helpful on hairdressing threads.
For me personally i have had great advice from Kim Lawless, ZoZo and Jen Smith and they are the 3 names that stand out for me on the waxing threads.
Collin-what can i say? An absolute muppet with a heart of gold! His input is invaluable.
Dawn and Steve from Nouvatan who offer loads of good advice and are really down to earth people.
Ruth Mills who designed my website and gives superb advice on here, although it's usually in a language i can't understand :irked:
Then there are the people who give good advice and whos threads i enjoy reading-Gillian W, Susie H, and loads more.
This site is invaluable and everyone plays their part :)

That sounded a bit like an acceptance speech :lol:

Collin-what can i say? An absolute muppet with a heart of gold! His input is invaluable.

LOL..the Muppet show...now when that first was show we all rushed home to watch.....

What was the other show when I was a kid....Banana split gang...loads of idiots dressed up in stupid animal outfits(was it lions) and charging about all over the place on there little 6 wheeled beach buggies...absolute crap but at the same time and at the time absolutely priceless and many fond memories.

Opps sorry if that's a tad off topic :eek::hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many geeks that I admire but in particular:

Gigi - for her kindness and generosity both as a person and as an educator. I also admire her honesty. Gigi was the first Geek I met and I was so nervous, but her warmth made me at ease instantly. A true icon for this industry.

The Sweets - Sam for developing this fantastic site and Samantha for her warmth. Whenever I have bumped into Samantha at S2 she always makes time to talk to me and for someone who is so busy its really appreciated.

Carl - For his willingness to share his expertise via his many videos which I have turned to many times. I also admire Carl's honesty and his way of not suffering fools. He is a legend in my eyes in the nail industry.

Fifitrix - For her willingness to help out other nail geeks when they are having problems be it nails or personal. For being there for me when I have needed someone to talk to. You are a star.

Collin - cos he never fails to make me laugh

For me, these Geeks make this site just that bit more special than it already is.

anne xx

Last edited:
LOL..the Muppet show...now when that first was show we all rushed home to watch.....

What was the other show when I was a kid....Banana split gang...loads of idiots dressed up in stupid animal outfits(was it lions) and charging about all over the place on there little 6 wheeled beach buggies...absolute crap but at the same time and at the time absolutely priceless and many fond memories.

Opps sorry if that's a tad off topic :eek::hug:
Do you remember the theme song? :lol:
YouTube- the muppets show intro

YouTube- Banana Splits

Sorry, a bit off topic there :o :lol:

Hi, what a great thread ...... I too think Angelina has a great business head on her shoulders and is fantastic with her relplies , lisa 82 is always so thoughtful and kind , :hug: Bagpuss is so level headed helpful kind and honest, Valencian nails is so very helpful and very kind she is just like fifitrix who is also brilliant and has a very kind heart x Thank you fifitrix x :hug:
collin who wafts his tail for us every day makes me laugh with his quick wit and banter and wowb too :)
leonnib has worked very hard in her new business and she always answers lots questions for people, Victoria is very interesting with her wonderful and colorful views ,
peterpan is fab and an inspiration , Angelfingers gives out some fantastic information Kim is fab with information and a great business woman

Carl and Geeg are very very gifted and talented and the advice and demos are brilliant , Mr and Mrs Sweet do a fabulous job, :hug:
the list is endless
Lucy dog works hard and loves her job doing her nail extensions ..... she quietly chugs along and produces some fantastic work and is such a lovely caring person ,

Annie23 has some great thought provoking posts
Persianista makes me laugh with her straight talking and very knowledgeable replies, Scottydolly with his vast knowledge of colour

Ruth Mills is very intelligent and is always most hepful Sonia is fab too and puggy and and all the animals are lovely
Zo Zo is very helpful and makes for an interesting and intelligent read as does marion and mum too ,
Iizziedoll Dee and del are fab Lellipop is wonderful , and kelsha has some fun posts and is always kind and considerate

Persianista makes me laugh with her straight talking and very knowledgeable replies, Scottydolly is so funny especially when he falls in love with a new product and he's great with his colour knowledge

Liana kay is very good on answering any colour questions too
Katelisa , emmsybabes is cool and always helpful
xniceylou lancashirelass are always helpful and are fab extensionists so is tammyfromleicester,
Nafias posts are refreshing and always so good to read and so are Katelistas ,

Mercedes whose personality is fab and those cup cakes on her avatar that I always want to eat.... Joanne who is a fab at what she has achieved , Jeni Giles is such a brilliant hairdressing teacher
her posts are brilliant , where are you Jenny ?
Sophisticuts is very knowledgeable always helpful too , Paulette in her quest for the perfect long lasting cool ash blonde is so helpful with her posts , and the list goes on and on
debs32 is so caring and such a hard worker , pretty in pink is always helpful

littlegrohls posts are fab and funny , and mrs clooneys are very interesting.... deehair has some great posts , Marioned makes for some good reading , and there is a special geek on here who I like chatting to about growing her own fruit and veg and thats Nora ..... Nora also gives some fabulous hair advice :hug:
and if I have forgotten to mention you its only cos I am tired now and Im off to bed :lol: :zzz:
I thank all the lovely people I have spoken to on here and the mods for making it such a pleasure and well worth while to visit salon geek and make friends

Its gotta be Minky due to the fact that she has been in this industry for many years and has managed to remain nice (not jaded and ratty like me!!)
Leonnib for trying so hard with her new salon, and Ruth for her fantastic help on all things techie.

Fantastic thanks Sandi...brings back many fond memories :):hug:
I bet you were singing along there and tapping your feet like the old days weren't cha??? :lol:

I bet you were singing along there and tapping your feet like the old days weren't cha??? :lol:

lol...YOU BET CHA ....the old ones are always the best ones :hug:

For me it has to be Andy aka Axiom,always so friendly and concise and a true professional.Heather Davies is fab as are many other geeks who use their time to help others in their time of need.I dont know many of the newbies on here so im sure I have missed out some really wonderful geeks(sorry:green:).But imho anyone who uses their own time to help when they can deserves admiration and thanks.:hug:

I have many and couldn't possibly mention ALL of the people who have helped me and that I have met and have become REAL FRIENDS.

If I had to single one person out for my utter admiration there is no question in my mind is is Zingara, her strength and determination in the truly awful situation she found herself in 2 years ago with our beautiful Geek Baby Morgandie was awe inspiring!!!! Her strength, courage and positive thinking was truly an inspiration to me I have no idea where she gets her strength. I am truly blessed to call her a friend and I cannot wait to finally meet her in person.:hug:

Totally and utterly agree with this one!

There are too many geeks to mention for me... some of them who spring to mind are:

(1) Catsaremad (Sue) who drove all the way to Shrewsbury back in August to do Minx for Sonia, Debbie and myself (and some of it has lasted on my toenails since then - talk about everlasting Minx LOL)...

(2) Angelina221 - she's a real star and made me feel so welcome when I visited her salon to get my hair done and whatnot.

(3) Mr & Mrs Nouvatan, who are both lovely.

(4) Kim Lawless, whom Sonia and I met personally back at the Excel show last year, and who was a real help in recommending Finishing Touches to me for areola tattooing.

(5) Andy (Axiom) - what a lovely geniune guy; it's been a real pleasure to have modelled for him this year for intimate waxing training.

(6) Loubylou and Pips - two lovely geeks who came to take me to lunch in Wakefield last month, and then went to visit Sonia in hospital (even though Sonia wasn't feeling well at all that afternoon, bless her).

(7) Fifitrix - for being such a star with Geek Bear - who brought a real smile to Sonia's face when he came to Wakefield to visit her in hospital.

(8) Joe90 (Julie), Softpeach and Poshfloss - 3 other geeks who were lovely and friendly at the Manchester show last month too.

(9) Colin and Britta - who were so friendly last year when we met at a workshop held by Lori Nestore in Birmingham. As were Minkus and DJane (we had a nice chat in the pub afterwards).

(10) The US Wax Queen (Lori Nestore) herself, who I modelled for in Birmingham in October last year.

(11) Tonilee, Gemsie83 and Lavender-blue - 3 other lovely geeks who were really friendly last year when I modelled for spray tan training at Tonilee's salon in Kenilworth.

So many others too - please don't be offended if I missed you off, as my memory isn't *that* marvellous LOL, and there are just so many lovely geeks out there!!!

There are so many geeks that I think are just the greatest personality wise and are always guaranteed to make me laugh.

The following geeks are the ones who have truly bowled me over since joining.

Geeg - Her work ethic and ability to use common sense in all areas of life. It is inspirational to see a woman create so much success through talent and hard work and stay so grounded at the same time.

Carl - For his honesty and ability to cut through BS. It is so healthy in life, and especially business to be around people that you cannot spin a yarn to, as it means you cant spin yourself one either.

VHunter - As she is not only very honest, but is not afraid to express an opinion that may be otherwise unpopular. Victoria always has a huge sense of 'real' about her, understanding everybodys circumstances are different and inspiring others to work around any obstacles.

i think alot of people give good advice here since i joined but for me id say
angelina221 always has advice and good sense of humour
minky has great hair advice and helps on alot threads
persianista always has great business advice and again replies alot and helps new starters..

:)

this is such a great thread!

i am going to say fifitrix too, she is truly a lovely person who would bend over backwards to help someone out, her advice is always invaluable too.

sparklybits (tracey) who i was lucky enough to meet very briefly in april, she is such a nice person and really will help any way she can,

geeg, because she gets asked the same questions every single day on here, and is never too busy to answer them each time,

samantha sweet, because she's lovely! she is so genuine, and really takes time to answer questions, no matter how silly,

sandi (valencian nails), adelekeegan because they are both genuinely nice people, and have a priceless opinion.

:)

I will happily single out 3 geeks and in no particular order (them that is!)

Carl - extentionise, designed my logo, my certificates, etc and has answered S.O.S's on a sunday morning with a cheeky comment to reassure me that I wasn't being a pain!

Ruth Mills - for patiently helping me with various computer problems.

Kim Lawless - she always sticks up for the holistics!

I find it hard to name people as there are so many but personally I have to say that my time here has been made special and my career helped and inspired by Geeg, Fifitrix, izzidoll, natrualnails, ValencianNails, Collin, Nailzoo, Bagpuss, Cogsi, Ruth Mills and who can forget The sams for creating this place. Those are just to name a few. Great thread!!

This is so nice and squishy! I'm not frequenting the boards as much as I USED to, and there are alot of "new-to-me" geeks running around, so to be mentioned AT ALL, let alone TWICE is an awfully nice gift ;) Thanks guys :)

I'd say I'll see you more, but I'm a busy girl! I promise to always lurk around and post when needed and when time allows!

I admire MANY geeks, but I'll risk sounding like a broken record here- Samantha was a REAL help in my pursuit of becoming an EA for CND, and I pm'd her many a time fretting and/or crying- she was the voice of reason, and a big part of my current career. SO THANKS. :) Gigi, Sassy, Envy, Victoria, Sandi, NailArtist, Bagpuss, Izzi, Sam, and a few others that my tired brain can't quite get to in front of me, have always had my back or told me WHEN TO BACK OFF lol. I appreciate ALL of the time and effort these and other geeks have put into ME- it makes it easy to give BACK. :)

Oh and while I don't chat with him often, I am a CARL groupie. You have a wicked sense of humor and honesty that I don't think I have seen matched, except for Gigi. I admire you thoroughly :)

smooches at all of you :)

Martigirl - I truly admire you and thank you for all your help, support and true friendship on so many different levels and I honestly don't think I would have carried on over the last year without your help. Thank you so much for every thing Martigirlxxx

Zingara - You are truly inspirational and I have the greatest of respect for you. Your never ending help, kindness and patients is amazing. You are always there happy to give and help others and I thank you so much.

Martin Duffy - You are a true giving professional and I am still amazed at what a kind and giving person you are. You have a wealth of education, experience and knowledge that you are happy to support others with in a totally honest and non judgemental way and I am truly indebted to you. Thank you.

Kim Lawless - You are a remarkable lady and without your help, support and intervention I would have struggled to complete my waxing exam this year when things were not going well at all - Thank you so much, you are an amazing lady.

Applepie - Thank you so much xxx

Weezie, Red Ruby, Ruth Mills, Tonnilee, Oey, Peter Pan, Bev Rose, Purple Rose, Geeg, Cro-Maria, Zo Zo, Tracey Parks, Jmel and so many others. I am sorry if I missed you off and please don't be offended.

To be honest I admire you all who take the time to post and reply and I owe you all so much. Thank you xx

WELL COLLIN - what can I say:confused::eek::Grope::hug:. Really you brighten my day thank you and you are a very kind man - now go make Britta a nice cuppa for putting up with you. xx

Last edited:
there are a lot of very helpful geeks but one that springs to mind has to be An*Gel she is very inspirational and always so friendly and helpful, is fantastic at her work and never hesitates to pass on her tips and hints

Latest posts

Back