Which nailart do you prefer???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which nailart do you prefer ???

• Freehand

Votes: 208 62.7%
  • Airbrushing

Votes: 27 8.1%
  • Both

Votes: 73 22.0%
  • None, I hate nailart

Votes: 24 7.2%

• Total voters

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
Airbrushing or Freehand?

Just wondering which kind of Nail art you guys prefer... hence the poll :D

I love doing freehand nailart, especially when clients say 'do whatever you like', woo hoo i'm like a child in a sweet shop.
Having said that.. I've never tried airbrushing, I could love that even more.

xx

Hi Sandi,
I have voted freehand - although I must admit I dont do much painting - simple things like wee flicks & tiger stripes. I love using rhinestones, pressed flowers, Nailtopia stickers, glitter - anything unusual or shiny! I have ordered some paint so am going to give some more painting a go, but am not that arty. I think airbrushing might be more my thing, but I find clients are amazed at what I already offer and already take ages to decide. Just dont know if I would have enough airbrush clients to justify the outlay.
KxXx

Free hand for me, I think it just looks so much nicer,I am always interested in looking at other peoples free hand or acrylic 3d etc, but if its airbrushed I just dont bother, dont ask me why, guess I just think it takes more skill.

freehand for me too...although i only do flicks and flowers....i brought an airbrush with all the accessories and never used it..(apart from practicing) just couldn't get on with it and when i asked my clients they didn't want it...so it sits gathering dust.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I like to do both. I only do flicks, dots, flowers etc with the freehand but I also like to do the airbrushing. Some of my clients love the totally different french looks that you can get with the airbrushing. I don't class myself as artisitic at all when it comes to the freehand - just basic bits - I am toying with the idea of doing a painting/drawing class at evening school in September to hopefully help me with being able to create better designs doing freehand.

I like both. They're good for different things! My favourite to do is freehand as its so versatile and I really struggle with airbrushing! I've been trying for ages but can't get it! Gutted. Any ideas?

have you been on a course for airbrushing Amy?
a couple of the Geeks do courses/training for airbrushing, Chocolate (aka Rachel Myatt) and JackieMc.

I love all different mediums of nail art.
Though I love air-brushed lace effects, generally I just prefer to see the air-brush just used for a background colour-fade, and other mediums used on top....thats making an exception for Jackie whose designs are amazing!

OOh Sandi... tasty new sig pic! :wink2:

hehe thank you Glo :o...

well... 61% to freehand so far, that's more than I expected it to be.

everyone up here is not so sunny hartlepool is boring and dont want nail art, i ended up selling my airbrush etc, as i had no use for it anymore, and was just gathering dust

I love Free hand, its catching on quite a bit with some of my clients!
luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxxx

ValencianNails said:
Airbrushing or Freehand?

Just wondering which kind of Nail art you guys prefer... hence the poll :D

I love doing freehand nailart, especially when clients say 'do whatever you like', woo hoo i'm like a child in a sweet shop.
Having said that.. I've never tried airbrushing, I could love that even more.

xx

Ditto i love to do free hand nail art and have not tried airbrushing...

but my new thing is 3D nail art I AM LOVING THAT BIG TIME

Glorsclaws said:
I love all different mediums of nail art.
Though I love air-brushed lace effects, generally I just prefer to see the air-brush just used for a background colour-fade, and other mediums used on top....thats making an exception for Jackie whose designs are amazing!

Aww thanks! :o

Well it has to be airbrushing for me cos I'm crap at freehand! LOL

Jackie

Love nail art :Love: but only on a random nail - can look too much if on all of them in my opinion:hug: :green:

JackieMc said:
Aww thanks! :o

Well it has to be airbrushing for me cos I'm crap at freehand! LOL

Jackie

Same here Jackie, I cant do free hand for toffee - maybe tiger stripes but that is about it.

I like doing freehand because you can make it more individual to each client and exciting....

I also prefer free hand nail art to airbrushing. main reason being i like the fact that when you do free hand, every nail is slightly different. I do love the effects you get with airbrushing, but i think free hand is better.

I have clients who love simple stuff, like flicks, flowers, stripes etc.

:) I love both :)
Free-hand lets me go wild
Airbrushing fab colour blends and patterns

I LIVE FOR HANDPAINTED NAIL ART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i will try to paint anything on a nail!!
i think i may have tried just about a million different things and i love it!!!!!!!

thanks for asking!
kathleen
www.mynailsrock.com

I love all two the combinations are endless.

Florentina Alexander

Latest posts

Back