Who did you have on your wall when you were growing up??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gucci906

Reaction score
I used to love Duran Duran...my walls were covered...my fave was Andy Taylor (the guitarist)...i even went to my hairdresser and made her cut my hair like his (short and spikey at the front and really long at the back):lol:
You couldnt see any wallpaper for all the posters....and i was too young to go to any concerts:cry:

Now that they have reformed....the one who is dishy now is Roger Taylor:lol:

As i got older it was Mark Shaw from Then Jericho (anyone remember them). He was recently on that show that Davina hosted about old popstars getting a second chance...cant remember the name....but he looked rough...and he walked out:rolleyes:

So who was on your walls then....and do you still like them??

Well I hope by asking who I had on my wall you mean posters ... cos who I actually "had" on my wall is a very different answer lol!

I had David Soul splatted everywhere! I even bought his records, well it was a cassette tape. Black Bean Soup has to go down as one of the most lyrically challenged songs of all time lol! But I loved it.

Then I moved onto Simon le Bon and Adam Ant and Midge Ure. When I see how they have aged I don't feel so bad that I have too.

mine was also covered in duran duran my fav was john taylor
god he is still dishy now, then i had aha ! morten harkett !! haha i'd forgot him !!
now my walls are just covered in one man .. robbie lol (hubby doesn't think much to this):p :D

My wall was plastered with pictures of the Bay City Rollers - Eric was my fave and also David Cassidy, oh and not forgetting Donny Osmond (the first time around LOL) - bet you young things are saying Who?

Oh my god, that takes me back I had David Essex, Bay city rollers, Alvin Stardust, David Soul, Marc Bolan...... Oh my god..... this is embarrasing

naturalnails said:
My wall was plastered with pictures of the Bay City Rollers - Eric was my fave and also David Cassidy, oh and not forgetting Donny Osmond (the first time around LOL) - bet you young things are saying Who?

OMG Fiona I never had you as a Roller flake LMAO! I quite liked David Cassidy, but didn't have a pic. Do you remember that advert for washing powder (think it may have been Persil) where the girl had a piece of Donny's shirt?!!!

Have to say Donny Osmond is far hotter now then when he was young!

Duran Duarn for a couple years in early teens, every square inch of one wall was covered in every tiny news cutting and picture. I only ever had two albums, Duran Duran and Rio but had those and loads of their singles up on theor too. Then in a quantum leap of taste I went from that to Kiss and Ozzy Osbourne and aother such groups!

Myn is quite sad, I had Take That posters and a huge one of Peter Andre!!!! Ha ha!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

all that i can remember were psoters of top models
i was a big fan of fashion design
i am still got a degree of fashion design but i don t use it
i probably had some other people on my wall but i really can t remember
hmmi had some pics of tyson beckford i think in the middle of the female top models pics :green:

My entire bedroom was covered with ABBA posters. I was a huge fan from the age of 7 until the age of 11. Then the posters came down and I didn't have posters of anybody up again. My parents had redecorated and didn't want tons of blutack marks, I don't think!

naturalnails said:
My wall was plastered with pictures of the Bay City Rollers - Eric was my fave quote]

THANK GOD im not the only one then :) - my fave was woody (tho when i look back i think...............WHY :eek: . my other fave was david bowie. im all grown up now (i think not) but i dont like either now

oh they were the days

OMG Debbie I forgot the Abba posters .. well actually I was too embarassed to say, but since you've fessed up then so can I lol!

My walls and ceiling were filled with posters and piccies of Marc Bolan

Joan

my walls were covered with posters of Rod Stewart !!! i still think he is gorgeous............:o

when I was young it was the Hardy Boys....Shawn and David Cassidy and Donny Osmond as well ......but as I hit my teen years it was .....wait for it......Men at Work ! I loved the lead singer .....and Jouney, also wanted to look and be like Cyndi Lauper ......hated my mom as she would'nt let me shave the side of my head and dye it pink.....wonder why? LOL......

I had Donny Osmond, Bay city rollers etc
Then moved on in my teens to The smiths, The cure, Echo and the bunnymen.:)

naturalnails said:

Same here... David Cassidy was so dreamy and Donny came in a close second .. sigh!

Then came the Bay City Rollers .. thank goodness I don't have many photo's of the way I used to dress back then.. every item of clothes had some tarten sewn onto it.. and I used to think I looked so kewl lol!!

early teens/age 11 ish i had an elvis mirror..the ones that where ever you where standing their eys followed you, and paul young posters..even had a scrap book of him...:eek:
then late teens it was posters from about 15 it was , stone roses, the who, inspiral carpets, james etc .....and i still love the later teen stuff and listen to it now...i was into painting in a big way and would paint my bedside cabinet and wardroble with my oil paints...then wonder why it took months to dry...pmsl

Definitely Duran Duran! Still a bit mad about them now, I've got the fridge magnets, brought them at the last tour.:o

pj and duncan, paul nicholls, er and the spice girls (shame on me)

Latest posts

Back