Who was the first celeb you ever saw and got totally starstruck over ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen a few celebs from a distance and the only ones that I have met up close is Ken Dodd, Cannon and Ball, and Giant Haystacks!!! Not a patch on Val Doonigan!

Oh do the Krankies count? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Definitely! I forgot about them. They in came in to the pub I used to work in years ago :lol::lol::lol:

Oh my god I was so in love with Nick Heywood there was a guy used to go to a local club "Coconut Grove" was the livin image of him dressed like him and everything I would spend my nights there drooling and trying to cop off with him to no avail I might add! Talking about coconuts when "Kid Creole & The Coconuts" were big they used to tour the U.K. quite a bit and somehow I dont remeber how but a mate of mine used to have a thing going with him (only wen he was in U.K.) anyhow this one time we got to go to the Concert back stage an all and then we took them out on the town arrived up at this gay club which we favoured at the time (buggin me as cant remeber the name) in a Limo chanpagne on the way. What fantastic years they were! By the way can you get done for naming names???

No. If they did it... you can add your memories... obvilously keeping it tame... the gory stuff can be blogged :lol:

I liked The only way is up' by Yazz but much prefered this!!!

YouTube - Coldcut ft. Yazz Doctor In The House @ www.ravehistory.co.uk

I was talking to a Swindon Town FC player (Jerel Ifil) last night at our school firework display - his son has just started there...... His baby daughter had the cutest pink furry boots on so we were chatting about them while my son stood with his mouth open!!!!! After we walked off he said 'Mum, do you know who that is?!?!'. And, yes I did know who it was before I said hi, lol!

Who remembers the lead singers name and why he named himself that?

Think it was Limahl, but don't know why he called himself that, am I right?:)

Just to add because of this thread I have been digging out lots of 80's music today, when I picked my daughter up from school today, Rick Astley was blaring :eek:, bless her she was a bit embarrassed but not too much more than she normally is with me :lol:

Last edited:
OMG I had a serious crush on this guy!!!
Limahl is an anagram of his surname Hamill.....how sad am I:)
Get me a life pleeeeeese!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I had several huge posters on my wall of Limahl {{swoon}}:Love:

For me it was Father Christmas aged 4 (me that is)..the eighties..well that was one different gas..if only I could remember some of it :eek:

For me it was Father Christmas aged 4 (me that is)..the eighties..well that was one different gas..if only I could remember some of it :eek:

Hmm it is a little blurry......:lol:

OMG I had a serious crush on this guy!!!
Limahl is an anagram of his surname Hamill.....how sad am I:)
Get me a life pleeeeeese!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BANG on Judy... if there was a prize you would get it! :!:

Hmm where to start!

I have met the cast of Last of the Summer Wine as they film in the place I used to live.

Driving down south with the family and Frank Bruno was in the car next to us stuck in a traffic jam, and the father in law leaning over me beeping the horn saying 'FRANKIE!! FRANKIE!!!'

Met Big Ron and had a natter a few times as he lives in the area!

Mike Brewer the car bloke he drives a Ferrari round the town sometimes never spoken to him though.

Ali Campbell from UB40 lives up the road in the next village, again not met him but know where he lives!

Fellas dad has met Nigel Mansell and few other top racers including Lewis Hamilton but Lewis was when he was karting years ago. A lot of racing drivers my fella used to race against in karting years ago.

My friend was walking down a lane in Cornwall and bumped into Howard of Take That and she has sat next to the boys from Kasabian on a plane!

Was in a curry house in Brum and there was a bloke in the corner which turned out to be an actor from Doctors.

I went on Songs of Praise about 12 years ago, does that count?

OOH and Jim Bowen from Bullseye!

Cant think of anymore! Hahaha!

Latest posts

Back