Who was the first celeb you ever saw and got totally starstruck over ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met the actor who played Jimmy corkhill in Brookside
Sue
Ooo he is very good mates (or a relation or something lol to ...(let me get this right)
My boyfriends, second cousins, dad ! ??? yup think thats right !

I am related to Ian Rush (the footballer) in some weird kind of long distance way....I have never met him though lol

I have seen a few celebs from a distance and the only ones that I have met up close is Ken Dodd, Cannon and Ball, and Giant Haystacks!!! Not a patch on Val Doonigan!

Oh do the Krankies count? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Some time i the early 90s ( I am so old I cant remember when now but I was about 14 Lol) Yorks new radio show was launched (minster fm....original hey??!!) anyway there I was minding my own business shopping with my mates in town and kept seeing flyers for the Minster Fm Launch radio roadshow down by the river....there was some new boy band going to be there ad LeeAnn my mate really wanted to go, they were going to be singing there new single "it only takes a miute girl"..... yup it was the one ad only Take That!! I did get a little star struck and I had no idea why!! They signed flyers for us and I got a milk shake bottle that belonged to one of them!! (LOL)

On the other hand I went to a rave in Glasgow when I was almost 15...I danced next to Claire Grogan on the stage where Carl Cox was playing........wooooooo Claire Grogan!!!! LOL :green:

Well!...lol in the village where I live..some of my family have lived here years and years and years...the daugter of the couple that used to own the pub (years ago before I was born) married Gareth Hale out of Hale and Pace (think thats the right one!) and they was good friends of my family back then...they used to go to my nans house and I believe stayed at my nans a couple of times...when I was born they jiggled me on their knee and even came to my christening! lol ok i know...not a superstar but thats my claim to fame pmsl. Also Amy Winehouses's hubby Blake...his folks live literally down the road a bit n round the corner from me...I believe Amy was staying there before Blake got sent down but...apparantly he's being released soon on the condition he comes back to his folks place and be tagged...so ill be keeping my eyes peeled for her lol...see if she wants her nails doin ! lmao

Edna Birch out of Emmerdale lives a couple of villages away from me n all....yeah great lol

Well I was brought up in Liverpool where a lot of my family still live my brothers went to school West Derby Boys Comp with Craig Charles ( he was often at our house and went out with my school mate Dione) and Victor McGuire (the dark haired son from Bread ?) lived just on the bank from our house and was also at school with my brothers and a good mate again always at our house but you wouldn't have guessed he would end up an actor he was so quiet and shy then.
I went out with the bass player from "Dead Or Alive" Mike Percy for a couple of months when they hit no 1 with "you spin me round" I was only 18 and very young with it went to his house (in Woolton - very posh back then) a couple of times to meet his mum and we had earl grey tea in little china tea cups with saucers I was terrified _- being a mug girl myself ! Oh and used to get served by Pete Burns in the very early days when he worked in Probe a record shop in Town center of Liverpool didn't really get to know him when I dated Mike he was married then.
I used to go to a couple of clubs in Liverpool The State was one (where Relax Frankie goes to Hollywood video was filmed) and Planet X the other it was always full of celebs from Brookside and the music industry.

This must seem like loads of B*** S***! but it isn't.

No it was never BS at the time - it was brilliant! Loved this!

Well this is a bit embarrassing as well but a few years ago I was an extra for a film called Jack and the beanstalk! lol it werent a cartoon it was a proper film...it had Mathew Modine and Daryl Hannah in...there was some others that I cant remember now...I only saw Mathew....I never really knew who he was but was told he was a very well-known actor from the states and had been in loads of films....filming was done at a castle near my home town (infact gareth gates got married there recently) when I was there Mathew pulled up in a very posh car...and as he climbed out everyone stopped and looked round at him...I still didnt recognise him but you could just tell he was someone important..anyway he walked up through some people and walked straight past me...as he did he put his hand on my shoulder and said in an American accent..''how u doin?'' ....well me and my friend (who was with me) still laugh about it to this day....at how star struck I was! I just froze and got this gormless look on my face..I couldnt speak! everyone including him was waiting for me to answer! lmao oh i felt such a t*t !!

ok last story now lmao......years ago once again....I was going round the pubs in my home town...we went to the local club after..by which point I was very very very very drunk!....Anyway as I walked past this glass wall someone said to me ''look Nick Nolte is sat through there''.....I was like who the heck is nick nolte!...they told me he was a famous actor etc but it took a while for the penny to drop....so I looked through the glass and sat literally the other side at a table with a load of 'film-crew ' looking blokes was nick nolte....he had a lil video cam in his hand and was filming people walking round the club etc...anyway soon as I realised it was him...like the total idiot that I am at times (particularly when drunk!) I started banging on the glass and shouting and waving ''nick...woo nick...yoo hoo''....he turned round with cam in hand and just carried on recording!..........at me! lol :o

oh god its all coming back to me now I do apologise...but ive just remembered this other time when my mates convinced me it would be a good idea to go and watch the trisha show and be in the audience...so off we went...I tried to pick a seat where I could hide the most from the cameras...but got shoved on an aisle seat...trisha came out...down the aisle I was sat...I thought ''bloody hell someone beam me up I dont want to be in view of the camera! knowing my nan had the video recorder ready for whem it was aired as well! pmsl...anyway the way the camera was angled and where she was stood...I was directly behind her but I thought ''its ok...you wont see me at all at this angle'' so on with the show! so during the course of the show me and my mates got the giggles and spent much of the time trying to contain ourselves...something im cr@p at!!...one of the camera crew had obviously noticed us giggling away and thought it would be really funny to put his massive camera right in my face (about 2 cms away)...the lens was so big it could of eaten my head! He left it there at least ten minutes...and it felt like 10 hours as I went every shade of red, purple, orange blue while I tried not to spontaneously combust with laughter (you know the kind of laughter im talking about!) (I cant always guarantee ill have full control over my bladder when I get like that n all! pmsl)....when the show was eventually aired and recorded by my nan ( thanx nan...not lol) you could see me all the way through just about...i was mortified...I can still remember how shiney my face was from all the hot lights and laughter lol x

No more stories promise! lol x

I guess I have seen a few and never get flustered ... except the once... I LOVED Adam and the Ants in the 80'S... HAD EVERYTHING THEY EVER DID, saw them twice in concert yadda yadda... but at a Spa opening in Bath I happened to meet 'Merrick' the drummer (this is 20 yrs btw after they were famous) and Gary Tibbs... and for the first time ever I was shy!! I think when you are IN LOVE with the lead singer / band etc when you are young it never leaves you. If Stuart Copeland came up to me now I would die!!! :eek:

But the most famous has to be Cathrine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas having lunch next us in The Groucho Club in London!! I was with Jan Arnold at the time and it was before CZJ & MD were married... all I could think of was WOW - he really IS a movie star!!!

... and then I ran upstairs and called mum to tell her!!! :lol:

Some time i the early 90s ( I am so old I cant remember when now but I was about 14 Lol) Yorks new radio show was launched (minster fm....original hey??!!) anyway there I was minding my own business shopping with my mates in town and kept seeing flyers for the Minster Fm Launch radio roadshow down by the river....there was some new boy band going to be there ad LeeAnn my mate really wanted to go, they were going to be singing there new single "it only takes a miute girl"..... yup it was the one ad only Take That!! I did get a little star struck and I had no idea why!! They signed flyers for us and I got a milk shake bottle that belonged to one of them!! (LOL)

On the other hand I went to a rave in Glasgow when I was almost 15...I danced next to Claire Grogan on the stage where Carl Cox was playing........wooooooo Claire Grogan!!!! LOL :green:

Claire Grogan RULED - who remembers Gregorys Girl - and of course I could Be Happy!!

it's my party and i'll cry if i want to ! that was her too wasnt it?

I've seen....lennox lewis, wayne rooney & coleen, been in the ladies lav with sarah harding when we went to pancea? or something like that in manchester one night b4 gmex i was with bagpuss.

Met Austin Healey (off strictly + a former tigers player) in 1st class on the train to london

Cant remember any more !

Well I walked past Philip Scholfield in Salcombe one summer and thats it:rolleyes: Not very thrilling!

it's my party and i'll cry if i want to ! that was her too wasnt it?

I've seen....lennox lewis, wayne rooney & coleen, been in the ladies lav with sarah harding when we went to pancea? or something like that in manchester one night b4 gmex i was with bagpuss.

Met Austin Healey (off strictly + a former tigers player) in 1st class on the train to london

Cant remember any more !
that was Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin 9how in the hell did I remember that???:eek:)... your thinking of HAPPY BIRTHDAY Amber :hug:

OMG that takes me back! I love that song :)

At a party, I had a long conversation with Richard Beckinsale (Porridge - aka Godber) he was a friend of my cousin (Nicholas Clay) a classical Shakespearean actor. Sadly they are both dead now

They were both so gorgeous, I had trouble avoiding dribbling:green::green::green:

We were invited to a Royal Garden Party at Buckingham Palace.
I saw Princess Anne, Phillip. But the Queen made her entrance, and the whole crowd of people parted and she walked staright up to me, I could tell she spotted me and was on her way over - I nearly shat myself! My Hubby was stood behind me and held me in my place as I was desperatley trying to reverse myself away from a meeting with HRH. I had to stay put, and she came right up to me and said.........'It's not a very good day for hats is it?':lol:
I met Richard Branson, Ken Kerchavell (Dallas) & Ted Rodgers (3_2_1_) all on the same day at Gatwick as it was 'Red Nose Day'. Then flew off on holiday and was chatted up on the beach by a famous snooker player.
Bumped into Captain Mark Phillips at Burghley Horse Trials in Stamford. We laughed like a couple of idiots at each other??!
Snogged the lead singer of an 70's band...bit of a soul funk thing, can't remember the band, or the name of the singer lol!
Worked with the current voice over on all the BBC TV inbetween programmes voice - who is Duncan Newmarch -we worked together at Lincs FM Radio Station.
My Husband has had his nose in Princess Diana's belly button - now there's a story the press know nothing about! He was a sailor on The Royal Yatch Britannia.

that was Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin 9how in the hell did I remember that???:eek:)... your thinking of HAPPY BIRTHDAY Amber :hug:

blimey:eek: remind me to never challenge you to a game of BUZZ:green:

Latest posts

Back