Who was the first celeb you ever saw and got totally starstruck over ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
Tonight we went to the local firework display,
Just as we got there (through millions and millions of people..where dooo they all come from !!! )
We stood still, and the radio station were there as normal...

Over the speakers he said...
"and now before the countdown begins...here are 2 celebs to say hello blah blah blah...MARIO AND LISSSAAAA"
Out they come onto the platform thing, Mario microphone in hand...Lisa about to jump over the railings lol...
My daughters Jaw fell right open and nearly hit the floor !!!!!

The whole time the fireworks were on My daughter was tooootally NOT interested, but kept looking over to Lisa and Mario...

She has not shut up about Lisa alllll night ! lol..

I even have to hunt down an email addy or something for her now so I can get an autograph :green:

My other daughter Saw Nicola Roberts shopping in asda and was very impressed, it was a few years ago now though...
She has an autographed poster, and a signed birthday card, lol

The first Celeb I ever remember seeing was .........PAUL DANIELS !!!
He was massive at the time ~~excuse the pun lol~~
It was in Spain (or Malta not sure) I must have been about 5 or 6...
There was a band preforming outside of the hotel...dead posh do it was.
I had got up to go and play, and Paul robbed my chair, when I came back, My Nana gave him what for and got my chair back hahaha

Who was the first Celeb you remember seeing and being TOTALLY starstruck...

I fear Lisa from BB is going to think me her stalker, but its all in the name of love for my children lol

omg, :lol: The first celeb I ever saw close up was Lita Ford, and I bricked myself. We had gone down to the local music shop because she was doing an autograph signing there. I couldnt, I just couldn't ask her for her autograph ended up getting my brother to do it for me while Colin stood there p!$$ing himself laughing at me. :grr: 20 years later and I still have that T-Shirt, it's never been worn since.........yeh I know! Im weird.

The chuckle brothers at Butlins when i was about 7,i couldn't talk when my grandad took me over :o

Living in Leeds i met a fair few,we used to go out with a lot of rugby league players,seeing the girls made me realise i'd never be like that with any celebrity a bit ott :lol:

Otherwise known as 'Fish' from Marillion....my old band supported him over in Europe back in the 90s....not the first I ever met, but one of the nicest...

...as was Richard O'Brien who I have worked with twice now...

...biggest asshole? Easy - Duncan Norvelle....(alleged) comedian....got really hammered when I supported him and dropped my mic on the floor - thereby denting the top, idiot!

...oh...and in the 90s my mate (apparantly) slept with the girl from 'Tight Fit'....not sure if that's either a) something to admit....or b) actually true :)

I met Michael Caine in Gatwick a few years ago - I bumped into to him and said helllo as he looked so familiar!! He just looked at me strangely and walked off, then I realised I didn't actually know him he was a mega star!!
And I saw Lisa Tarbuck a few weeks ago at a Bill Bailey concert at the Albert Hall!!:)

I met Jill Dando once on a plane back from Greece - my dad made me go up to her and ge her autograph because he fancied her.

Steve met and chatted with Jon Bon Jovi at a concert in Moscow back in 1988.

And I recently asked Micha Barton to move when I was helping out with Team Creative at London Fashion Week. I really wanted to grab someone and scream and flap my hands about but there wasn't anyone I knew there! There were loads of top models there too.

Gareth Gates! :lol:

Jamie Oliver was a disapointment, I love watching him on telly but he's a bit fake, not the down to earth people person he makes out to be.

Gigi Rouse-Absolutely Wonderfull lady!:hug:

xxx

Keith Chegwin and Maggie Philbin at Gatwick airport when I was about 6 or 7. :lol: I was too scared to ask for an autograph.

There are a lot of celebs where I live so I tend not to get starstruck any more. The last one I saw was Petr Cech (Chelsea goalkeeper) in the pub.

He was stood at the bar next to me and knocked my husband's pint over. The landlord (who was ridiculously star struck) said, "safe hands, then?" and I absolutely roared with laughter. :green: He took it really well, although he did look a bit embarrassed.

I think it might have been Val Doonigan! :eek: I know, I know .... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh ... and there was the time Mick Hucknal bought petrol from the filling station I used to work at... I was a bit slavery and drooly when he came into the kiosk and paid me.... but I was a fan of his back then :)

well coz we live mear it i have seen loads of emmerdale stars but never talk to em coz they all seem up their own asses :lol:
the only star i was dumb struck by was leeds united player david batty , i was 15 and he was just sooo gorgeous , my sisters boyfriend used to work at ellend road , so we used to go and watch em train ,
i had to get my sister to get his autograph and coz shes soo gobby she starts a convo with him about what aftershave he wears so she can get her bloke some !!:eek: omfg i nearly died !!!
met eric cantona too but hes a rude french bloke (thats me being polite , lol)

I've met loads of celebs, but I've never been star struck.... so far they have just been famous people iykwim.... Ryan Giggs, Kelly Jones (Stereophonics) and Naomi Campbell are a few.

I think meeting Roxanne Valinoti at The Event was the closest I have been to star struck!! I was talking to her and all the time thinking - Wow!!

A few people who I would be star struck over for sure are David Bowie, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Johnny Depp, Robert Dinero.... Super Stars!

And I hope and pray that I NEVER meet Prince..... I would probably be so start struck that I'd be sick on his shoes!

EDIT: Oh ... and there was the time Mick Hucknal bought petrol from the filling station I used to work at... I was a bit slavery and drooly when he came into the kiosk and paid me.... but I was a fan of his back then :)

Val Doonigan puts Cheggers in the shade mate!:lol: How cool are we???

Val Doonigan puts Cheggers in the shade mate!:lol: How cool are we???

Oh I know... but it was touch and go whether I shared the excitement with you guys lol!!! :green::o

My mum loves Val .. I was gobsmacked once, but it took a while to register ..... I was doing his wife Lynne's nails and after a bit of a natter, he came in, I was even more gobsmacked when I got an xmas card from them.

Celebrity is almost a state of mind when you have them in front of you, drinking your coffee and listening to your conversation. I've coped with Madonna, Cher, Kylie, Danni, Anastcia, Dianna (Ross), Bette, KD, Parker Posey and Dolly.

But I must admit, if David Beckham came in, you'd need a snow shovel to get me off my seat.:)

Last edited:
Well I was brought up in Liverpool where a lot of my family still live my brothers went to school West Derby Boys Comp with Craig Charles ( he was often at our house and went out with my school mate Dione) and Victor McGuire (the dark haired son from Bread ?) lived just on the bank from our house and was also at school with my brothers and a good mate again always at our house but you wouldn't have guessed he would end up an actor he was so quiet and shy then.
I went out with the bass player from "Dead Or Alive" Mike Percy for a couple of months when they hit no 1 with "you spin me round" I was only 18 and very young with it went to his house (in Woolton - very posh back then) a couple of times to meet his mum and we had earl grey tea in little china tea cups with saucers I was terrified _- being a mug girl myself ! Oh and used to get served by Pete Burns in the very early days when he worked in Probe a record shop in Town center of Liverpool didn't really get to know him when I dated Mike he was married then.
I used to go to a couple of clubs in Liverpool The State was one (where Relax Frankie goes to Hollywood video was filmed) and Planet X the other it was always full of celebs from Brookside and the music industry.

This must seem like loads of B*** S***! but it isn't.

I presented a bouquet of flowers to Princess Diana when she and Prince Charles came to open the Spinal Unit at Odstock. I was very naughty because my friend Francesca and I put cling film over the royal ladies loo :eek:
The most noticeable thing about Diana was the fact that she was orange, and wore A LOT of bright blue mascara!

I presented a bouquet of flowers to Princess Diana when she and Prince Charles came to open the Spinal Unit at Odstock. I was very naughty because my friend Francesca and I put cling film over the royal ladies loo :eek:
The most noticeable thing about Diana was the fact that she was orange, and wore A LOT of bright blue mascara!
OMG I would have loved that so much !
awww when I was a kid, all the other girls had posters of new kids on the block and jason donavon...Oooo and not to forget Bros !

I had Princess Diana, and kylie on my walls lol, Boy's were still stinky at that age :lol:

I've never met anyone worth mentioning, Lorraine Chase, Ray Reardon, you're probably thinking who?

Seen a lot of cool bands over the years and always made sure I'm right at the front, does this count?

My brother however, went to see one of his heros in concert (name omitted for obvious reasons but a massive performer) went to get his autograph, the celebrity was so drunk, he fell over and landed on top of my brother and threw up, lol. Hows that for a celebrity encounter :rolleyes: btw my brother never got his autograph was too drunk to write.

I met the actor who played Jimmy corkhill in Brookside and also Barry Grant lol, they were very nice to talk too and so down to earth, they were in Lincoln for a charity football match.

Ive also met all the firecrew from Londons Burning, these were really nice and they all liked their drink lol.

Also I had to refund Paul Ross's wife as a member of staff overcharged them, I blushed all the way through the transaction...I wouldn't mind but at the time I was working for Primark lol

Sue

Wow.....remember now that I grew up in a small town on Long Island (NY) about 80 miles from NYC.....but I also worked in NYC after Uni so seeing "famous" people was de riguer really.

I've seen Robert DeNiro (I was surprised at how short he was, he seems so much bigger on the screen); John Malkovich (he looks as weird in person as he does on screen, but he is very quiet and shy IRL); Mariah Carey (total diva); Harry Chapin (what a wonderful friendly man); Lita Ford (very cool person, actually sort of shy in a way, tiny, very pretty IRL); and then I had a boyfriend who worked at the United Nations, so I saw all sorts of world leaders there.....

The one person who I met on the street, who blew me away was Miss Katharine Hepburn. She was outside her brownstone having a walkabout on an early autumn morning....I was walking down the street and saw this lady in front of me and I was coming up on her....I got up even with her and looked over, realised it was her and just blurted "good morning Miss Hepburn, how are you?" and smiled. She looked at me and said "well hello to you too....I am fine thankyouverymuch". I just smiled and kept walking on......I did put a smile on her face (nothing like the smile on my face I can tell you).

That really made my day, I'm smiling now thinking of it :)

Nancy

Latest posts

Back