Why are my minx lifting??!! HELP PLEASE

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayneym

Reaction score
I'm a bit miz to say the least - just bought the proper lamp ( which has gone up in price aaahhhh!) and the minx that I liked as I totally loved the idea and the mini minx kit didnt give the results I expected with the hairdryer.
SSSOOO done a set on myself yesterday with the lamp - FAB - but today they're lifting at the free edge on quite a few!
Done quite a few sets & the same has happened to them all- hhhmmmm! HELP!!
Followed the destructions to the t and need some help as I cant offer this to my clients until I sort this out!
And in the meantime - this means I' m out of pocket!
Need your advice as my plan was to do a promotion on these for Christmas .
any help will be appreciated
Thanks all
Jayneym xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya ..

From what i have read on here...you need to work under the lamp...and then remove from under the lamp and file only when they are 100% cooled.

Are you heating them enough...?

Are you waiting till they are 100% cool before filing ...?

Yeh - did all that and followed the instructions to the mark.
Seems to me that they" dry out and shrivel" ( for want of a better way of putting it!) and the free edges lift and curl the next day!
They were great , smooth , no wrinkles etc until the next day - I cant understand what I'm doing wrong.
Must be something.
Also I will say that the minx glass file doesnt seem to make a sharpe , clean cut through the minx.
HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!
Any advice appreciated!
jayneym

Last edited by a moderator:
Could it be that you are stretching them too much? If they have been stretched then they will shrink back to how they were before they were stretched IYKWIM

I did my own nails yesterday and the same happened to me, but I've had no trouble with my toes :confused:. I've also done a few clients and not had no trouble so I'm thinking it's when you do your own and trying to hold the file at the correct angle etc...maybe?

I've had the same problem, fine on my toes but lots of lifting on my finger nails and i did my mums and they lifted as well !. so what are we doing wrong can anyone help ????

Could it be that you are stretching them too much? If they have been stretched then they will shrink back to how they were before they were stretched IYKWIM

Rachel's right! If you smooth down zone 3 and then 'pull' too much toward zone 1 before tucking over free edge they will revert back to their original size once cooled and you will have 'space' showing at tip of free edge.

Minx are NOT meant to be s.t.r.te.t.c.h.e.d but rather just pulled taut. I think you must be over doing it.

Completely agree with Gigi sweetie- I was stretching mine out like crazy at first, and that happened a TON- I quit stretching them, and now they are all just fine. ;)

AAAhhhh - I havent been stretching them - I've smoothed them out and tucked the minx over the free edge to " cap " as such - left to cool then filed at 45 degrees to remove the excess minx.
The file doesnt seen to cut unless you file the free edge of the nail so the minx is cut perfectly to the shape of the nail.
Fine for a while but then they all seem to start to lift within 12- 24 hrs.
:irked: What am I doing wrong - is there supposed to be a wrap round effect at the free edge so you cant see any of the free edge OR should the file cut to the shape of the nail?
HELP ME please - its driving me mad - if I could crack this minx would be the best thing since sliced bread!!!
What do you guys do at the free edge?
Same for me with toes - they seem fine no probs at all - fantastic .
Is it that hands take a lot more battereing on a daily basis maybe?
Help please
Jayneym xxxx:cry:

Put on correctly, Minx last as long on hands as toes.

Either you are not getting the Minx warm enough to start with ... you are not going back under heat after filing to check all your edges and to make sure the free edge is tamped down really firmly ... YOu do need to pull taut rather than Stretching them ... that is necessary.

It is also important that you do not transfer any oil from your fingers to the adhesive under the minx. Over handling the area that you are going to adhere to the nail will reduce adhesion.

No you do not 'cap' the free edge with the Minx.

Go to www.minxnails.com/training.asp and have a look at the demo

Last edited:

Either you are not getting the Minx warm enough to start with ... you are not going back under heat after filing to check all your edges and to make sure the free edge is tamped down really firmly ... YOu do need to pull taut rather than Stretching them ... that is necessary.

It is also important that you do not transfer any oil from your fingers to the adhesive under the minx. Over handling the area that you are going to adhere to the nail will reduce adhesion.

thanks gigi for pointing that demo video out its great, I was on the minx site yesterday and didn't find that xx great refrence tool to use.

is it mr bachik doing the demo?

that link was fab Geeg....a great demo

fabulous step by step - thank you

kx

The reason you have not all seen it is that it normally costs $90.00 to view it as a class ..... it is my Xmas gift to you all so that you can view it for free .... Enjoy

Oh ... and yes it is Tom. Never say I don't love ya.

AAAHHH GIGI !!!!
Thank you ssoo much!
I took me ages to load the demo cos I'm a nana but it was fab once I cracked it.
I've had a good old watch and I've done another set - which might I add - look fantastic!!
Blue with scrolls - re-checked all the free edges etc so watch this space and pray for me!!!!!:)
I'll keep you posted and will check in tomorrow to let you know!
Thanks again for the demo Gigi -its much appreciated
big hugs all
Jayneym xxx

Gigi, can we use Scrubfresh in place of the Minx sanitiser/dehydrator? If not, what do you suggest? x

Thank you Gigi very much it really helped will be trying it again tomorrow, and early xmas presents are the best !!

Gigi, can we use Scrubfresh in place of the Minx sanitiser/dehydrator? If not, what do you suggest? x

Yes you most certainly can or Nail Fresh is good too. Just be sure the nails are good and dry before you apply. These two things are all I have ever used with MinX and I have not had any problems.

Another tip - if you are using the new Minx Lamp from S2, which is of a particularly high quality -use the lamp at FULL when first switched on, to heat the hands and the Minx, then within a few minutes you can turn the heat down quite a bit with the sliding buttons - this will stop the hands of the client and yourself from overheating but still allows excellent adhesion of the Minx.

If you use the lamp at too high a heat for too long the hands/nails will be very warm and take longer to cool down for filing the excess Minx off.

HTH all you Minxes!​

Latest posts

Back