Why the sudden surge in No Shows!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsP

Reaction score
Hello Geeks - :green:

I have been fully booked pretty much for over 2 years doing nails and started HD Brows about 6 months ago and rarely get a no show. I took on another person 6 months ago and she has a normal amount of no shows (say 1 a month).

In the last 10 days we have had 6 no shows -

All new customers
All HD Brows
All left a number but a couple are not recognised
All don't reply when we try and contact

We have a cancellation policy on web, booking system and email confirmations and reminders, appointment cards etc..

I have also noticed a drop in number of appointments actually this month too..although all our regulars still are coming!

Please help - we're just SO disappointed! :cry::cry::cry:

Maybe this is my naughty mind but are you sure your new girl is not taking business behind your back and the clients just look like no shows to you?

Sounds dodgy! How strange x

Maybe this is my naughty mind but are you sure your new girl is not taking business behind your back and the clients just look like no shows to you?

This was what I first thought when I read post!! Sounds to me like your new girl may be a bit on the dodgy side :(

Could be totally wrong but it's a bit strange how you don't have a prob until this new girl started!!

Hope you get it sorted soon :hug: x

Have you got some new competition? Maybe somebody dodgy's booking appointments over the phone and obviously has no intention of showing?

Mind you I do have a suspicious mind so maybe it's just that people are booking then deciding they can't afford it and not bothering to cancel?

Hope it stops soon though for you :(

Local competitors making fake appointments?

Christmas pinch mean people have less money and are leaving appointments longer?

I often wonder if online booking systems make it too easy for people to book on a whim and not bother with actually following through with an appointment. Is this system new too?

Hope it gets better for you soon xx

its only been the last 10 days we've had such major issue..

But actually her diary is less busy and she was chocca. :|

I think I will ring a few random customers though and sound out the vibe..
I can't imagine it's her - she loves working with me and I get such positive reports etc.. BUT you never know do you!! :(

Sounds fishy to me too. Next time someone new books in, ring them half an hour later on the pretence of forgetting to ask for their email address so that you can send them special offers or some such. Then al least you'll know if the number's genuine and then call them (not text) the day before to confirm the appointment.

posts crossed..:green:

The system is about 6 months also. I looked through and got 2 no shows in June (month she joined), 4 in July and August, September 5 and October in total about 9/10.

We do get LOTS of online bookings but there doesnt seem to be a pattern of it being down to that - 50/50 I'd say.

Local competition yes I could see that so if it is I hope they bored.

I didn't want to enforce a deposit for new customers - I'd hate that as a customer myself.

It is bad though - I can see that from you guys' responses!!!

We had a couple of really bad weeks too, one week was 300 pounds worth!! Last week we didn't have any though and it was pay week so maybe there is a correlation? We have text reminders and it didn't make any difference X

October has been an absolute nightmare for us 😁 More no shows than ever before and all of the girls have been quiet. Things seem to be looking up again through November though...phew!

Competitors book fake appointments? Yikes.

When something stinks, there is usually a rat!

This week has been my worst for no shows and cancellations, also the salon I freelance at has the same. We have put it down to half term . ( hopefully) On one of my mobile days this week I had £80 worth of treatments cancelled at the last minute. One wants to re-book but this is the second time she has done this so I think I will be "fully booked" in future, fortunateley the other one is a relaible regular and has re-booked for the 10th. Still it is disappointing on the day. Car all loaded up and then a text as you are about to leave. Aaaarrrghh.

You no like 3 weeks ago I had a surge of no-shows. Three which is a lot for me, I also had a few people show up with not enough money, a few were just 5 bucks but one was 25? So strange..perhaps with christmas so close thats whats going on? Maybe its just a rough spot.

Competitors book fake appointments? Yikes.

Hell yeah!

And they'll try to nobble your clients too, spreading rumour and untruths.

It's a dirty old world and people play dirty ... but the ones who do are obviously insecure regarding their lack of ability and they never prosper in the end.

As I have said many times and to many people I have mentored over the years, "keep your head down, do everything right and with integrity, be the best you can possibly be and OVER deliver on the clients expectations each and every time they sit in front of you."

Do that, and your clients will not leave you because of anything that you have done or that others may say about you.

Indeed!
Learn the power of overservicing!

The most important thing I was ever taught was making sure the whole package is as brilliant as you can make it.

It's not just about the treatment but the whole experience from when they walk in your door to when they leave. You can give an amazing treatment but if you leave them waiting half an hour, chat to someone on the phone during the treatment etc that's what they remember.

Do everything as fantastically as you can and that's how you'll get a name for yourself. I really believe that that's how you attract the clientele who are loyal and don't mess you around.

I was booked solid back to back with lashes on Thursday and turning people away because I couldn't fit them in, only to have 4 HOURS worth of appts no show! And no answer when I tried to call them! Grrr. I am considering taking deposits for all lash appointments now, and if you don't show you forfeit your deposit.

Latest posts

Back