Will Minx ever be rounding off both ends?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hi every on , I asked this on another post but combined it with another question so I dont think many people saw it, but does anyone else think it would be a good idea if minx rounded off both ends (the way it is displayed in the S2 catalog and websight?). Does anyone know if they have plans to do this as they recently changed the sizes of the big toes, so rounding off both ends to save us having to cut and tweak them would be great, a timesaver and make the product 100% perfect in my opinion. Wil they ever do it?? That is the question lol xxxxxxxxxxx:o

Hi every on , I asked this on another post but combined it with another question so I dont think many people saw it, but does anyone else think it would be a good idea if minx rounded off both ends (the way it is displayed in the S2 catalog and websight?). Does anyone know if they have plans to do this as they recently changed the sizes of the big toes, so rounding off both ends to save us having to cut and tweak them would be great, a timesaver and make the product 100% perfect in my opinion. Wil they ever do it?? That is the question lol xxxxxxxxxxx:o

Put this question to your supplier who have influence with MINX. If enough people ask they may consider it.

The reason Minx are shown rounded at each end on the S2 website, is that each and everyone of those Minx were applied by hand to tips and then photographed individually so that customers could see what they looked like on a realistic and curved surface like real nails. This does the product justice and give customers a better idea of what to expect.

Love the idea. Have a meeting with the Minx team tomorrow so will apss along the great suggestion!

Ohhh I hope they do round them off, i would love love love it if they did xxx

Presumably this is to use both ends? Personally I think handling it will affect the adhesive quality. Like all nail products, it could be affected by oils on the fingers

Hello, I dont touch the sticky bit that goes onto the nail. I touch the very edge which gets cut away when shaping the free edge. I think may people do cut in half and use both ends (got this idea from reading other posts,especialy for the toes). When I do toes if I dont cut in half there is a massive long bit dangling off the nail which is longer than the part covering the nail. I thaught it would be a good idea to make an option of using both ends if there was enough minx to allow for this. xxxx

I would love double rounded edge. I cut the Minx in half when it's still on the sheet and use that half another time. I would love it if I didn't have to cut that piece of Minx into shape.

good idea if minx rounded off both ends

Yes I too think that would be a great too.

I would love double rounded edge. I cut the Minx in half when it's still on the sheet and use that half another time. I would love it if I didn't have to cut that piece of Minx into shape.

Good thinking, will give that a try, thanks.

Just ordered mine and Shellac and Dashing Diva yipeeeeeeee. Yes i think it would be a good idea to round off both ends as long as the price remains the same x

I have used the Trendy Nail Wraps which are shaped at both ends and cut them in half before removing from the backing, this way you do not touch any part that goes on to the nail. :D

OK, stand corrected! :D

I've been cutting Minx about and creating all sorts of effects. Don't know why I didn't think of this one! Duh!!!

Get a bit of tracing paper trace the shape of the rounded end then place that over the square end , use something pointed (I use a fine dotting tool) , go over the shape you have traced , it will leave an indentation witch you can use as a guide to cut into shape whilst still on the backing paper. Sounds fiddly but is quick & easy to do.

ohhh great tips thanks everyone!! but I STILL want rounded ends maby im a bit lazy and non creative lol xoxoxoxoxox:D

My opinion is that even with rounded ends you will still have to do some fitting and cutting to apply perfectly ... but the question will be brought up tomorrow when S2 meet with Minx .. so you see?? Your question will go straight to the horses mouth via your supplier!!

OK, stand corrected! :D

I've been cutting Minx about and creating all sorts of effects. Don't know why I didn't think of this one! Duh!!!

Oooh, do please tell us more Marion, what lovely effects have you been creating?? (BTW, Huge thanks to you and Gigi for the perfect polish job at the event, I now feel a lot more confident with my polishing & shellac!!).

So glad im with CND you cant get better than that, request going straight to the supplier!!!! XOXOXO:D:D:D

I use a tweezers to pick up my minx and place it on the nail then cut off any remaining minx with a scissors still holding the minx with the tweezers and then place it back on the backing so it is not touched by hand at all and I can then reuse the rest. HTH x

Hey everyone any news on what they said at the meeting? xx

Cool stuff :D

... they are looking into it (along with some other cool improvements) ;)

Latest posts

Back