Woke up to snow...feels like Christmas now

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez, what's up with all the hatin' of the Florida girl just 'cuz I'm probably going to the beach Christmas Day.

Alright Miss Florida! Meany!
Rhiannon x

Jeez, what's up with all the hatin' of the Florida girl just 'cuz I'm probably going to the beach Christmas Day.

You're doing it again.... ;)

Tammie, I suggest you get the guest rooms ready cos I'm bringing my cold ass to Tampa to warm it up!

Just getting my pilot on speed dial and telling him to get the private jet ready!

If you get down here and you're a hottie, your ass is on the next plane back to merry old England.

Don't need you all up in my house around my man. Just sayin', Ms. Williams.

If you get down here and you're a hottie, your ass is on the next plane back to merry old England.

Don't need you all up in my house around my man. Just sayin', Ms. Williams.

I've burst out laughing and MWilliams is looking at me rather strange, because I was crying a minute ago... he is very concerned for my health, methinks.

Not an oil painting my love, but I make a mean Tiramisu so I'll come bearing gifts x

Just stalked your pics to explain this to MWilliams, he said you are very pretty in a Liza Minelli kind of way.

Tammie and Helen starring in Geek Wife Swap coming to a TV screen near you.

Just stalked your pics to explain this to MWilliams, he said you are very pretty in a Liza Minelli kind of way.

Tammie and Helen starring in Geek Wife Swap coming to a TV screen near you.

:eek:

As long as your hubby doesn't look like David Gest....actually happen to know you've both got yummy other halves. Not as yummy as mine though......

PS Going back to subject of thread.....I have had to ABANDON my car and WALK! I was fine until I got flagged down by white van driver who told me I'd never get up the steep hill I was attempting.........he proceeded down the hill while I spun my wheels - because I'd stopped to hear this! Got a bit further by starting in second gear.....then slid into the side. Told by pedestrian not to go further. I obeyed.
Was supposed to take hubby to his Xmas do tonight......sorry, dear one....

As long as your hubby doesn't look like David Gest....actually happen to know you've both got yummy other halves. Not as yummy as mine though......

PS Going back to subject of thread.....I have had to ABANDON my car and WALK! I was fine until I got flagged down by white van driver who told me I'd never get up the steep hill I was attempting.........he proceeded down the hill while I spun my wheels - because I'd stopped to hear this! Got a bit further by starting in second gear.....then slid into the side. Told by pedestrian not to go further. I obeyed.

:lol::lol: sorry it's not funny nasty white van man why didn't he mined his own business lol. X

GUTTED woke up this morning to snow and now it's all gone not a trace not even a lil tiny itsy bitsy bit.I feel very let down buy this today it's not on

:lol::lol: sorry it's not funny nasty white van man why didn't he mined his own business lol. X

TBH It was quite funny if you know me and my nervous driving! I was shaking when I got in though.

I was so glad I was wearing boots - I usually wear quite flimsy shoes for the salon, but something made me take some boots, too, this morning.

My other half has just been to rescue car, but actually said it was amazing I'd got it as far as I had, and had the good grace to say that it was only 'cos conditions have improved slightly that he could drive it.
He was in Macclesfield earlier today, and said it was worse here! ( Macclesfield usually has much more snow than here)

The bad news is that all the taxis I've tried for him tonight are fully booked.......bless him, he's going to drive....

TBH It was quite funny if you know me and my nervous driving! I was shaking when I got in though.

I was so glad I was wearing boots - I usually wear quite flimsy shoes for the salon, but something made me take some boots, too, this morning.

My other half has just been to rescue car, but actually said it was amazing I'd got it as far as I had, and had the good grace to say that it was only 'cos conditions have improved slightly that he could drive it.
He was in Macclesfield earlier today, and said it was worse here! ( Macclesfield usually has much more snow than here)

The bad news is that all the taxis I've tried for him tonight are fully booked.......bless him, he's going to drive....
Wow so in actual fact you should be called the stig well done for getting so far shame the van man stood in front of the stig :lol:.I bet you felt chuffed when your OH said that x

Poor oh bless him x

I quite invision you as a damsel in distress...you delicate little flower, you.

White van man shoulda kept his nose out of your business, stoopid ass!!!

As long as you are safe... bloody danferous out there x

Snow is great to look at but not good when you need to get somewhere! I'm hoping there will be no snow down here in Southampton, it's my first year of being self employed so I can't afford for it to snow!

Tammie...you're so cruel telling us how warm it is over there!
Rhiannon x
Ditto.
Is it bad I hate snow & dread it coming? I told my husband my 'secret' yesterday and he was horrified being a snow lover and keeps looking at me like I hate babies & puppies or something!
It's pretty to look at but so cold & annoying!
Bah Humbug!

I'm fine - got asked by 3 men where I lived, on my trek home after abandoning car. ( I fear that, sadly, it was a case of "What is that nutty old dear doing out in this?") ;)
Hubby has managed to get a room at the hotel where "do" is, so my guilt is receding!

well girls i couldn't give a fiddlers if it snows from the 2nd of january to the 31st so long as i get christmas out of the way and make some money!!had soooo many cancellations last year because of it .. am fully booked every day next week and really am praying for NO SNOW!!!!:wink2:

After last years debacle during xmas trade, I am praying for snow late on xmas eve, when we are snugged up indoors with a house full of scoff and it's decent on the telly.

I cannot drive my car in it, as it is rubbish in the snow, and I just about made it out the drive, then had to give up on the first hill. I had to walk round to the salon. This year, we have made a snow plan with the staff, so those within walking distance open up, and those who cant have to take holiday/unpaid.

There are no shops within walking distance nearby, so my only issue becomes fags and milk.

After last years debacle during xmas trade, I am praying for snow late on xmas eve, when we are snugged up indoors with a house full of scoff and it's decent on the telly.

I cannot drive my car in it, as it is rubbish in the snow, and I just about made it out the drive, then had to give up on the first hill. I had to walk round to the salon. This year, we have made a snow plan with the staff, so those within walking distance open up, and those who cant have to take holiday/unpaid.

There are no shops within walking distance nearby, so my only issue becomes fags and milk.

Ditto on the fags and milk...

I remember the year before, 2009/10. Bromley was really hit, I was going to college and bus threw us all off saying he couldn't go any further. I was still up the top of Grove Park and had to WALK back to Eltham.

I hadn't had breakfast that morning and by the time I got home, I was seeing things.

Last year 10/11 weren't too bad as where we are we are protected by the Welsh hills and the Pennines. But I still found it hard to go out as I'm scared I'll fall.

This year, I just worry about driving cos of those country lanes.

I looked at my icy car last night and saw the ice on my drop kerb driveway and saw the ice on the road and you know what, I don't think I'll make it off the drive.

MWilliams is a driving instructor so he thinks he's the bloody Stig now and drives around like it's all normal and la de da. He's just sending a subliminal message to me about confidence I suppose but difference is he's been a legal driver for 17 years and an ADI for 2, I have been legal since the 1st July!!!

H x

Latest posts

Back