Woke up to snow...feels like Christmas now

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cath4512

Reaction score
The snow has arrived & it looks so Christmassy out there. Just hope my clients can get to me.

Really don't want to open my curtains now just in case there is no snow lol

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

heehee, I love snow :)

:( no snow

Aw :sad:. I'm sure it will come soon x

I hope so, really want to take my lil man out on his sledge, by the time I got one last year the snow was going. X

As pretty as snow looks especially toward Christmas, when it falls in the evening and feels so romantic and magical, the reality for me is pure horror!

The only time I attempted to drive in snow, a bus came round the corner, skidded and took the front of my car off, I was stationary as well.

Passed my test in July so I'm absolutely terrified especially when I have little Anthony in the car with me.

I know, I know, low speed high gear and all that but will I think straight when sliding on black ice I can't see and what about every other idiot on the road that will still try and do National Speed Limit even bad conditions because they are in such a rush and their journey is much more important than anyone else's?

Terrified moreso now in Chester as I'm used to London driving and up here, I'm surrounded by those thin, narrow, bendy roads with no street lighting at all and hardly enough space for 2 cyclists to pass let alone 2 cars!

I'm a wreck, honest. Every night, I'm praying to God it won't snow and then hardly sleeping fir worry in case it does and I still have to go out (work) as this goes through my head over and over...

something will happen and my baby could get injured or die and I'll go to prison and end up committing suicide through the guilt if killing my little spawn...

I just wish snow called fall overnight, look fab then disappear after an hour with no evidence it was ever there :-(

Honestly, I am proper depressed over the weather and very, very scared :-(

H x

I passed my test in may and this will be the first time I have driven in snow and to be honest I am crapping myself lol.

I am so worried about trashing my lovely car I a contemplating on getting the bus lol.

I am more worried that my sons school is all the way over the other side of the city and there are many hills lol and I don't want to put my little ones in danger.

My oh is used to driving in the ice and snow so I'm going to get him to take me out in the car before I set out on my own.

It is so scary though so dreading the coming snow. The sun is out and the sky is White so it is coming soon. Arrrghhhh

I'm not alone then..?

Phew!

MWilliams is a driving instructor and very used to bad conditions as he's from Chester and used to live/work in North Wales so I'm going to get him to give me some of his time if and when it snows...

On the other hand though, watching Georgie Cat touch the snow with her paw, staring at it with contempt and going back indoors very disdainfully is funny as!

My little Anthony will love it and probably rope me into snowman building...

I WANT SNOWWWWWWWW pleaseeeee Mr Weatherman :(

H - Chester is bad enough to get around in the bloomin sunshine never mind snow s I don't envy you at all hunny. We have it quite bad as we are slap bang in the middle of nowhere - country lanes, deer and muntjacks and stupid, stupid pheasants running out on you etc Not too bad as we have the 4x4 and hubby is a rally school trained driver - me on the otherhand heheh No lessons for me if it snows ;) xxx

No snow here at the moment (Cambridge) but me and my OH are off to York at the weekend .. so hoping it'll be snowy and Christmassy :)

I WANT snow! I'm so sick of rain, I could :cry:

It's currently 76 degrees here in Tampa, FL.

Now Tammie, we don't function in Fahrenheit here, so I had to do me some google conversion, and now that I get it- why on Earth would you want to wind me up by posting something like that? ;)

I could barely move today from all the layers I wore to work!

Now Tammie, we don't function in Fahrenheit here, so I had to do me some google conversion, and now that I get it- why on Earth would you want to wind me up by posting something like that? ;)

I could barely move today from all the layers I wore to work!

Fee, I believe that is approx. 24 C where you are. Is that correct?

A bit warm and beach like here in sunny Florida this close to Christmas.:wink2:

Yep exactly that. You mean thing lol.

Current temp outside my house is 2 degrees C/ 35 F with fog and sleet.

I left the States 19 years ago- so I figure I should be used to it by now, but I don't have to like it!

Haha oh snow is exciting!! :)

I'm absolutely raring to go in the snow, I have NO abs so no skidding for me and have spend half my driving lessons in the snow and ice ;) absolutely fabulous, I was very lucky. Anyone need a lift??

Tammie you're just mean, my tan is fading so much now :(

Snow is great to look at but not good when you need to get somewhere! I'm hoping there will be no snow down here in Southampton, it's my first year of being self employed so I can't afford for it to snow!

Tammie...you're so cruel telling us how warm it is over there!
Rhiannon x

Aww I hope it snows here, but on Christmas eve when I've finished work and I'm sitting by the fire with my other half and our little girl waiting for santa to come.
Tammy I couldn't imagine a hot and sunny Christmas.:biggrin:

Where's the bloody snow I've been waiting all year for this and what have I got rain rain rain :cry::cry::cry:

Latest posts

Back