Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and not forgetting the absolute worst ever, total strangers saying "Smile it may never happen !"

Because sometimes it just has...........

I hate really really hate HUN err it windes me up so so much and see you later! :twisted:

I cannot stand "didn't want to read and run" and hun

hun is a very popular word and I have to say I have used it with some clients but I HATE it!!!

I did get a text from a client and the lady called me hun about 15 times, every other word was hun, hun, hun.

Mind you what's even worse is the blokes in Liverpool, especially younger generation who say "lad" after each and ever word.

Imagine having to listen to a conversation like this...

"you OK lad?"
"yeah lad, I am lad, you lad?"
"yeah lad, I'm sound lad, what ya doin' now lad?"
"arrr lad, I'm just goin' down the gym lad, you lad?"
"me lad, just gonna go down the pub now lad?"
"ok lad, see ya soon lad"
"arr sound lad, yeah see ya soon lad..."

The girls have the same converation just replace lad with hun...

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

hun is a very popular word and I have to say I have used it with some clients but I HATE it!!!

I did get a text from a client and the lady called me hun about 15 times, every other word was hun, hun, hun.

Mind you what's even worse is the blokes in Liverpool, especially younger generation who say "lad" after each and ever word.

"you OK lad?"

In London its 'blood' or 'bruv' after every word or sentence. Even the girls call each other bruv! I can't stand it!!!!

"you OK lad?"

It's not just Liverpool, it's also the outskirts, here on the otherside of the river it's just as bad.

Young lads come in the salon or hearing them in the street or pub talk like that & it drives me insane.

It's almost as bad as seeing them with their hands down their pants .... I always want to ask them if they've got an infection when I see that !!!!

I hate really really hate HUN err it windes me up so so much and see you later! :twisted:

I say see you later all the time! :/

Fanny pack that scarred me for life... When I went to Florida aged 10 I lost my bumbag (why?!) I was MADE to say fanny pack repeatedly in Disney land :( I was mortified, my Mum was just laughing! Xx

When young people speak like that to me I do my best impression of Miranda and say "no, see, all I'm getting is blah blah blah"
Thankfully we have our shopping delivered and nobody in Waitrose or John Lewis speaks like that otherwise I'd be forced to give them a Paddington Hard Stare.

lil instead of little grrrrrrrrrrrr!

And mumsnet-abbreviations - DD and the like I have no idea what these abbreviations mean.

Nom nom.

Grrrr what's that. Can't stand it. If you are enjoying something it's yum tasty or delicious

Vicki x

Anything 'Chav' related :)

'To be fair' & 'Not being funny but...' I have a hatred for.
When I was at college, it seemed that people didn't know the different between genuinely & generally, so on a thursday morning after student night people would be going 'oh my god I'm so generally hungover' JUST SHUT UP YOU ILLITERATE

When I was at college, it seemed that people didn't know the different between genuinely & generally, so on a thursday morning after student night people would be going 'oh my god I'm so generally hungover' JUST SHUT UP YOU ILLITERATE

Hahaha! I would've laughed in their faces. I'm not mean, i just wouldn't be able to help it :lol:

"It does what it says on the tin" is the one that immediately springs to mind - it seems to be used so much by everyone for all sorts of things.... was slightly amusing at first but is now just annoying x

yeah,

i walked down the road,yeah and I crossed the road,yeah.

Drives me mad, used in the form of 'do you understand me' or 'do you get me'?

The word so...when used like the following...

Yeah I'm good, started my new job so..

ARGH! So frickkin what?!?

Oh where to start!

I hate anything chavvy 'so like, yeah like and im like'
Shortened words such as amaze, totes etc
People who cannot spell english words we are british for christ sake so mum shouldnt be mom
Men who like to refer going to the toilet as taking a dump
Anything slang for womens parts which tend to be generated by men-so ladies i think its about time we gave deroggatory names to mens parts
Peoe who like to think they are being clever with their phrases but really just sound so dumb
Kids who do not speak properly and say things like innit, aint, minging etc i just want to slap them round the chops and take them to ellacution lessons!
Anyone who tries to talk with a lisp-just sort it out,seriously its not difficult

Im sure i will think of more x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

The word so...when used like the following...

Yeah I'm good, started my new job so..

ARGH! So frickkin what?!?

Lol. Our junior used to do this with or.

'Would u like a cup of tea or..'
'Are you having a trim or..'
'Can i get u a magazine or..'

OR WHAT!!!!
Ha she still does it apparently but I'm not there anymore luckily x

Lol. Our junior used to do this with or.

'Would u like a cup of tea or..'
'Are you having a trim or..'
'Can i get u a magazine or..'

OR WHAT!!!!
Ha she still does it apparently but I'm not there anymore luckily x

I would have to slap her! X

Latest posts

Back