Work uniform yay or nay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't wear jeans, even with a tunic. It doesn't look right. Black leggings and a tunic would be best. I wear black trousers, as leggings on my tree trunks are illegal, the rubbing of the thighs together would start a spark and my insurance wouldn't be valid.

How about wearing a black apron over something smart?

There's a nail bar near me and they all wear their own clothes but with pretty vintage style aprons over the top, looks very cute!

Definitely uniform but maybe not the black jeans. I think trousers or leggings would look more professional

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't wear jeans, even with a tunic. It doesn't look right. Black leggings and a tunic would be best. I wear black trousers, as leggings on my tree trunks are illegal, the rubbing of the thighs together would start a spark and my insurance wouldn't be valid.

Sorry nothing to do with the post...but just noticed your pic!! I ❤️ Matt Bomer! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Uniforms for me, I think that there's some lovely uniforms out there now compared to what there was years ago ...
Iv have this dress from Labeeby in navy and also in black(&red trim) ... Which gives you enough space to do all treatments ... have a few belts from Florence Roby to go with them (white, pink& red belts) (i don't like the belts from Labeeby)
And the other one (Purple - from Florence Roby) - I use for teaching only as its lovely and smart but no good for pedis or massage ... But there really are some smart uniforms dresses or tunic/trousers around whatever style your you like. When you think it's goes through your tax anyway and it's how you represent yourself I think it's money we'll spent...

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392058659.483608.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392058575.807207.jpg

I'm looking at buying these as not brought any this tax year
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392059310.490052.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392059325.767298.jpg

(And both the companies iv said have sales on certain uniforms as they update soon)
Xxxxx

See this why I love Black dresses, I bought the girls dresses from Tesco, Matalan and Next and the Tesco and ASDA ones are best! Wash so well, iron like a dream and they were £22.
That way I don't mind buying many dresses and often rather than buying an expensive dress.

Uniforms. I find that in hairdressing the tunic doesn't stain. I was forever ruin my clothes x

Uniforms. I find that in hairdressing the tunic doesn't stain. I was forever ruin my clothes x

I'm the same with wax and tint, it just wipes off ... !!!

I've always wanted to wear a dress, but as I do pedicures as well, I don't think it would be appropriate. Maybe I could sit on my small stool differently, but I think that would give me a bad back.
I particularly like the dresses from The Pretty Dress Company. They are expensive however.
View attachment 55647
View attachment 55649

I usually wear a dress or pencil skirt and blouse, especially in the summer, I don't do a huge amount of pedicures but when I do I just put a big towel over my lap and it solves any problems with not looking lady like 😄 It's my own salon and I work alone so I have a handful of work outfits that I wear, if I was employing anyone but I think I would go for uniforms of some kind! Oh and I've found that the dresses I have that were a bit more expensive wash better which is important when I'm wearing them every week!

Amanda xx

Sorry nothing to do with the post...but just noticed your pic!! I ❤️ Matt Bomer! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh wow I hadn't noticed that thank you, god he's fit. Was the only reason i watched White collar :):Love:

Oh wow I hadn't noticed that thank you, god he's fit. Was the only reason i watched White collar :):Love:

Shame he's gay but he's still pretty to look at.

Don't care for pretty boys much, but still wouldn't kick him out of bed !

I always wear a Roby uniform working from home, it looks professional, and doesn't matter so much about dust when filing, or spilling things on it, also clients like to see that your ''re ready for them. Roby seem the most comfortable ones to wear,

Latest posts

Back