Work uniform yay or nay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaLF

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone's covered this but what's everyone's opinions on wearing a uniform at work? I work in a hairdressers (we have a beauty salon upstairs and a nail bar downstairs), I'm the only beauty therapist and the other girls don't really wear a uniform, my boss has told me I can choose whether or not to wear a uniform. I've been wearing it but I always feel the trousers and tunic end up looking ugly and frumpy particular going into town during lunch. Would it be unprofessional to wear all black instead? (I.e Black jeans and top). All opinions welcome!

I like uniforms I think they look professional - I went to the o2 phone shop at the weekend an all the staff were wearing their own clothes and a name badge - both me and hubby commented when we came out how scruffy they all looked !

So my vote is for uniform 👍

Laura x

I wear black leggings and a tunic, I personally think it looks more professional and also I feel more professional :)

I always wear a uniform at work, and I agree with the others, it looks more professional.

I love uniforms! It saves you ruining your own clothes, look smart & professional. When I worked at a hairdressers none of them wore a uniform just black trousers & a white top. So know where you are coming from, with beauty I think it looks better to be in a uniform.

Occasionally if im doing nails all day I will wear a knee length grey smart dress with capped sleeves & a waist belt. Everyone comments how nice it looks. In my opinion it is more office wear but it looks smart.

Xx

I wear uniform even mobile unless it's a good friend.

I also wear a uniform. Black trousers and a tunic.

Im another one for uniform :) xx

i work from home but i still wear a uniform
black trousers and tunic

i have lots of different coloured tunics though i choose which one to wear each day on how im feeling

I like uniforms I think they look professional - I went to the o2 phone shop at the weekend an all the staff were wearing their own clothes and a name badge - both me and hubby commented when we came out how scruffy they all looked !

So my vote is for uniform 👍

Laura x

I work for O2 and would quite happily go back to uniform... You should see what they want us to wear next!! 😁😤😣

Uniforms definitely. Looks professional, and clients know you work there. Went to a busy hairdressers once where everyone just wore their own clothes. I didn't know who worked there and who was just a client since everyone had such nice hair :lol:

I work from home doing nails and wear black leggings and a black tunic which is still comfortable and proffesional looking x

Definitely uniforms!

When you put on your uniform, you put on your work head :)

Plus the clients can see at a glance who works there :) x

Thanks for all the replies girls. I might try the leggings/black jeans with my tunic and see how it goes. I agree a uniform is handier and looks more professional so I think I'll just stick to it!

I wear my uniform always for work, unless on a Sunday, that's dress down day as 80 percent I usually have a hangover lol, clients only come over Sunday if they are desperate then they have to take me as they find me.......I work from the house ;)

I wear one as it's a walking advert that I'm a mobile technician. Nosey neighbours can enquire of my purpose & end up booking me too..
Personally I wear a uniform as that way I do not have to think about what to wear. I like that if I've entered someones home I can just return home & bung a tunic straight into the wash & if need be get it dried swiftly. (Thats if it Wreaks of Cigerattes ! )

Uniform always. Just bought 3 more tunics in light purple. Will get 2 more soon.
I have only not worn a tunic when I have popped into the salon on my day off to do an emergency set of nails etc but then I put my EzFlow apron on over my clothes, so that i still look professional.

I like uniforms and until recently have always worn a tunic and trousers but I've just bought a salon and I've decided that myself and my girls wear black dresses that suit each of us, and Everyone has commented on how nice and professional we all look but we have our smart individual look SS

I work from home and I always wear a uniform black leggings and black tunic

I've always wanted to wear a dress, but as I do pedicures as well, I don't think it would be appropriate. Maybe I could sit on my small stool differently, but I think that would give me a bad back.
I particularly like the dresses from The Pretty Dress Company. They are expensive however.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392056366.919940.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392056389.087316.jpg

Latest posts

Back