Would you pay to do a course on how to apply strip lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay to do a course to learn just how to apply strip lashes?

• Yes

Votes: 33 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 193 85.4%

• Total voters

angelina221

Master Lash Tech
Reaction score
As the title says, would you pay to do a course on how to apply strip lashes?

If you mean normal strip lashes that you can buy anywhere ... no!

Yes I mean the strip lashes you can buy anywhere!

It depends-if I knew it was to be a popular thing to offer and the course was really close and really cheap (I mean like no more than £10) then yes, otherwise no. I would grab a whole bunch of strips and a few friends and then get practising.
x

nope i wouldnt if it was just an individual course. I had mine included on my courses....years ago, but it seems that every tiny aspect of beauty course are spilt up and create a huge market potenial selling point. I wouldnt buy into it. However i think it should be done if you insurance doesnt cover you, ie if you unfortunately went on a course that hasnt covered it!!! xoxo

I could not believe this, when I read the email "follow in Amy Childs footsteps become a professional strip lash technician" I thought there must be more to the course it can't just be a course on how to teach professional beauty therapists (& anyone else non-professional) how to stick strip lashes on, but that seems just what it is! Shocking!

I could not believe this, when I read the email "follow in Amy Childs footsteps become a professional strip lash technician" I thought there must be more to the course it can't just be a course on how to teach professional beauty therapists (& anyone else non-professional) how to stick strip lashes on, but that seems just what it is! Shocking!

Yes Emma, I got the email too which is why I started the thread. I couldn't believe someone would do a course on how to just apply strip lashes and charge you £95 for it!

Yes Emma, I got the email too which is why I started the thread. I couldn't believe someone would do a course on how to just apply strip lashes and charge you £95 for it!

WHAT!!

A lot of 15 year olds are brilliant at putting strip lashes on and they taught themselves.

It isn't rocket science and how much easier is it to put them on someone else - especially if they are laying down on your couch.

You just plop them!

That's pretty outrageous.

Wow I got this too - I read it and thought is this something brand new / no it really was just applying strip lashes .

Y'know its practically compulsary for teenagers to apply their own strip lashes these days - they will want to spend their future wages or pocket money on more exciting things than having strip lashes applied that their pal can do or they can do themselves (in less than 5 minutes in the comfort of their own bedroom.)

There are just some treatments that are too time consuming or too difficult so that you want to pay someone to do for you - applying strip lashes isn't one of them - even if it is endorsed by the latest 15 minutes of fame celebrity.

I'm useless at putting anything on my own eyes even eyeshadow lol I put some strip lashes on for my brothers wedding in the summer & took them straight off after 45 minutes faffing about trying to get them straight lol, I'd love to know how to put them on perfect but I would NEVER pay £95 for a course to show me :eek: I'd probably not even pay £20! Just another money making scheme & I feel sorry for the girls who pay this much just because it's 'Amy child's' name being used (that's just my opinion) x

I know a lot of makeup courses will add strip lashes onto the training x

I'm useless at putting anything on my own eyes even eyeshadow lol I put some strip lashes on for my brothers wedding in the summer & took them straight off after 45 minutes faffing about trying to get them straight lol, I'd love to know how to put them on perfect but I would NEVER pay £95 for a course to show me :eek: I'd probably not even pay £20! Just another money making scheme & I feel sorry for the girls who pay this much just because it's 'Amy child's' name being used (that's just my opinion) x

Its much much easier putting them on someone else, the first time I put them on my own eyes it took me 50 - yes 50 - minutes.

When I got home I went on You Tube and watched about 7 different tutorials showing the best techniques to apply.

It now takes me a minute lol.

Well at one time - I couldn't do them very well - so I can see a slight gap in market but I watched a few you tube vids to see what I was doing wrong - which glue was best - sizing them etc - problem solved.

I don't see the benefit of this course unless this was a course showing you different types of lashes (high fashion lashes ) bottom lash lashes, cluster lashes - then this could be worthwhile.

Have added a poll now if you wouldn't mind voting.

I learned how to apply these in college, it was a two minute tutorial nearly ten years ago. I really don't see how anyone could justify charging 95 per person in a class for this.

Its funny though how many people can actually get it wrong! I even saw Lydia from TOWIE with a wonky one on one of her eyes making herself look stupid. So perhaps its not a bad idea for some people. But £95, thats stupid!

I certainly wouldn't pay for a course unless my insurance demanded it.

My 9 year old can put them on herself really well. My eldest can put them on herself perfectly, in very low light conditions whilst a passenger in a car.

The power that brand names and celebrities have over our wallets is truly awe inspiring.....:eek:

everyone seems to be taking treatments out like eyelash perming, tinting etc.. and giving it a name changing application and then making a course our of it and obviously making money for what? something we have already learned at college. It is all just a gimmick that people are making money out of.

well i paid for it, for my 15 year old daughter she completed it yesterday, she loved it came home and put me some on. although she puts them on herself and on all her friends, she wouldnt have been able to get insurance to do it at work, without doing some sort of course. she is now insured and all she will be doing is applying strip lashes. she works for me already but just answering phones etc etc, we have other girls who apply strip lashes, but i wouldnt have been able to get the amy childs strip lashes in without the course. so i am very happy to have paid it she got at least 60.00 worth of products in her kit. a lot of people said they wouldnt pay for hd brows , because that was just a name, well i did that too 2 years ago now , and again i am glad i did that too.

janice xx

I'm interested in getting the lashes but was shocked when I rang up today for more info and they said the price of course :-/

Latest posts

Back