WOW, reverse Technique, but how do you rebalance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiebbaby

Reaction score
After lots of reading on here about the reverse technique I decided to give it a go, and wow my smile lines were lovely and even and crisp and it only took me 1hr and 30mins instead of my usuall 2hrs or more....

Anyhows I used one bead technique instead of 2, I put all my forms on first before applying my L&P then applied my pink then my zone 1, does anyone do it like this or would it be say easier to do all ten nails pinks first then all ten nails zone 1,,,and also I was wandering where about should this bead be placed, near the epinichium (soz if wrong spell) and push up or near zone 1 and push down iygwim??

Also how would I tackle a pink and white rebalance?? Would it be exactly the same as traditional technique as in prep and file down zones, but when comes to applying just start with your pink?? I have read people file zone 1 right into zone zone 2 and then reapply a form and sculpt a new tip, would this not take longer and be more like a new set?? I am after the quickest and easiest method really,

Any tips and methods step by step would be great, thanks xxx

Hey I'll be keeping my eye on this one, I'm new and only done the reverse on one of my friends, they looked great as she had really small nail beds. But she had them removed instead of rebalance as she was going back to work so i never got a chance to see how to do them. I did all the pinks first then perfected the smile b4 applying the white

Cheers clare x

If I use reverse for rebalancing, I clip off the white (using traditional nail clippers) and refile the smile line into zone 2. Filing off all the white would be far too messy and take far too long.

I then apply a form and reapply the white and then the pink as usual.

The whole process is actually very quick.

Thanks geeg I am going to try this tonight, would I also be right in thinking I still take down my zone 2 and 3 with a file first, or after removing tip? Thanks

Thanks geeg I am going to try this tonight, would I also be right in thinking I still take down my zone 2 and 3 with a file first, or after removing tip? Thanks

I do it after removing all the tips.

Last edited:
Gigi - does the clipping not cause any cracking of the remaining L&P? (Sorry if this is a silly question) x

Gigi - does the clipping not cause any cracking of the remaining L&P? (Sorry if this is a silly question) x

No it's not a silly question ..... I wondered the same myself when I first did it.

I always clip away the white in small nibbles never big bites. Doing this ensures no cracks and it works for me. After clipping I file in the new smile and clean up the edge at the same time.

never thought of clipping the white off Geeg.... brilliant:) saves all that filing great xx

never thought of clipping the white off Geeg.... brilliant:) saves all that filing great xx

I'm all for the easy life and where filing is concerned I do it as little as possible!!

If I use reverse for rebalancing, I clip off the white (using traditional nail clippers) and refile the smile line into zone 2. Filing off all the white would be far too messy and take far too long.

I then apply a form and reapply the white and then the pink as usual.

The whole process is actually very quick.

And that (refiling) gives you a lovely smile-line in the end :wink2:.

i also clip off the free edge if im changing the tip color, then do pink, apply form and sculpt new free edge. however, if im just backfilling with the same color i just debulk the entire nail, fill in the regrowth and apply new pink to zone 2, refine smile line and then apply color to free edge. i debulk with an efile so it only takes a few minutes. altogether the rebalance takes about 45 minutes with this method.

I know that I've seen a vid somewhere (not sure where), where the efile was used to file out a trench where the new smile line would be, and then the white was applied to the trench.
Not sure if that made sense?

ADDED LATER:

Here's one
YouTube - Acrylic Nails - French Free Edge Using Efile

By our very own Nailzoo :)

I love nailzoo! I have learned SOO much from him! <3 Nailzoo Fan girl here! lol

Yes, he's brilliant. Although his humour is scary sometimes
:lol:

lol mine is a bit warped as well! ;)

There is not a damned thing that is scarey about the man. He is a gorgeous person and is so generous and yes, has allot of humility ... what he won't stand for are fools .... users ... takers not givers .... he is a giver through and through and I love him to bits.

There is not a damned thing that is scarey about the man. He is a gorgeous person and is so generous and yes, has allot of humility ... what he won't stand for are fools .... users ... takers not givers .... he is a giver through and through and I love him to bits.

I didn't mean it negatively :hug:
It's an expression around here, it means that someone is interesting and thought provoking.... not scary in the traditional sense :lol:
He's one of a kind, and while he and I may disagree on the odd occasion, he has my utmost respect for being a risk taker & an adventurer, and for not allowing himself to be crammed into a 'mould'.
That he chooses not to follow 'rules', and figure things out for himself is to be admired.
Of course, his generosity where his knowledge and skills are concerned is also MOST appreciated.

:hug:

I didn't mean it negatively :hug:
It's an expression around here, it means that someone is interesting and thought provoking.... not scary in the traditional sense :lol:
He's one of a kind, and while he and I may disagree on the odd occasion, he has my utmost respect for being a risk taker & an adventurer, and for not allowing himself to be crammed into a 'mould'.
That he chooses not to follow 'rules', and figure things out for himself is to be admired.
Of course, his generosity where his knowledge and skills are concerned is also MOST appreciated.

:hug:

I'll second that, but come on, I've been on here when nailzoo has ripped into someone (who deserved it 100%) and I've been so glad it wasn't me, that's when he is one very scary fella.
Like you said Gigi the man does not suffer fools........ever:eek:
Back on track here, thanks for the rebalance info, I always use the reverse method on myself and so far I've just soaked the whole lot of and started again, I'll get my nail clippers out next time and give it a go:hug:

I'll second that, but come on, I've been on here when nailzoo has ripped into someone (who deserved it 100%) and I've been so glad it wasn't me, that's when he is one very scary fella.
Like you said Gigi the man does not suffer fools........ever:eek:
Back on track here, thanks for the rebalance info, I always use the reverse method on myself and so far I've just soaked the whole lot of and started again, I'll get my nail clippers out next time and give it a go:hug:

Thanks V I didn't know 'scarey' had that usage .. learn something new every day!

Susie H .. sometimes there are folks that need ripping into :lol: I, just like Carl I, don't suffer disrespecting fools either.
I'm sure you will find the clipping speeds you up and makes the whole process an easy one.

Thanks V I didn't know 'scarey' had that usage .. learn something new every day!

Susie H .. sometimes there are folks that need ripping into :lol: I, just like Carl I, don't suffer disrespecting fools either.
I'm sure you will find the clipping speeds you up and makes the whole process an easy one.

LOL No problemo :wink2: But it's probably slang that's more local to me, as opposed to being modern and well known? (ex: when someone is phat, they're hot?)

Yup, sometimes peeps need ripping into. Heck, I've been at the receiving end of BOTH you and Carl, and you were both SCAREY :lol: in the traditional sense hahahahahahaha xoxo
But yes, sometimes peeps need a kick in the pants. Such is the way of life.

There's a saying that goes along the lines that a friend will give you support when you need it, but a true friend will kick you in the a** when you're just plain stupid. :lol:

Latest posts

Back