Wrong to not let boyfriend watch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Hollywood?! Oh my!! No way hose!!

Slightly off topic but this really made me laugh but only because im picturing a hose in the treatment room now! :biggrin: I believe its Jose like the spanish name hehe.

I also agree that it sounds bit perv like and I wouldn't have wanted him in, the lady protests too much me thinks for it not to have been a bit seedy.

They'd probably of thought you were up for a threesome if you had let him in.

I've heard some seedy stories from the massage therapist next door to me but this has to be one of the worst!xx

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Does the nurse allow him to take part in her cervical smear appointments too? :eek:

Does the nurse allow him to take part in her cervical smear appointments too? :eek:

Probably not, but perhaps, if the nurse isn't sexist, the husband may be able to be present at the birth of his own child.

I am a member of many forums worldwide and this forum would have to be the most judgmental of men of any in the world

You all seem to think men fancy you, want to bed you, or take advantage ... if it were me in my normal life, people would say "I had tickets on myself".....

Although i understand your opinion, (as i believe in an equal world (and equal sexes)you alienate every man/client in this forum,(many do their best to alienate me, but I'm a tough buggar) ...... (just look through every post considering men in this industry and men as clients, no matter how innocent, apparently they want to have sex with someone (often with those less than average, merely because they are men), ooooh heaven forbid a man do intimate waxing, or nails ..... well I ran over every woman in the industry before, achieved more (while i fought more), in the end, I beat every woman in my country, yet still had to fight ......

I find woman way more sexist than men and in the UK (by observing this site) less understanding of men (apparently we are all predators), yet men are prospering, you better learn to suck it up, and just as NSS (and your negativity toward them), men will prosper regardless of your opinion and may take away many of your clients due to being a more understanding and neutral therapist, rather than an opinionated and outdated mentality, by all means you can ride in the wake of my success and other male technicians/therapists, foundering in your bigotry, while us men just get along with the job at hand while you ponder where you went wrong .... well you went wrong by being so "square" and narrow minded while us men just get along with the job, entertain our clients without judging others .

I went through all this almost 30 years ago ...... but in the end I am one of the busiest salons in Australia,an internationally recognized technician doing beautifully structured nails, 5.5 million hits on YouTube, all due to the fact I "include" people, rather than "exclude", stick that in you judgmental pipes and dream on ......

Do I sound pissed off? well yes I am, I'm annoyed by your sexism and bigotry toward male technicians,therapists and on behalf of potential clients, not to mention all "males" as a whole. Just look through any post in here that mentions men as clients (or in any capacity).

Some just want a service, maybe with a cheeky comment, but we don't want to bed you .... get over yourself, don't flatter yourself so much, I may just want my balls waxed, apparently you can have your beavers waxed without question, but when a man wants something it has some amazing background reason that apparently involves you and the need to have sex with your average selves..... GET REAL .... Men do want sex, but with "certain people" and that "certain" person may not be you, no matter how much you dream on/fantasize/think/flatter yourself. (I actually think it;s your mind, more than the mans mind) ..........herein lies the problem, your imagination (in some case hope or fantasy)

POWER TO THE MEN IN "OUR" INDUSTRY , one day you may have to eat our dust....... and all you negative girls deserve this attitude, you have dished it out to us successful men for far too long ......
It's time you treated men as equals (in and out of the salon), as potential clients, as respected peers, if you don't, we have the potential to take over as technicians, therapists, whatever, due to the fact you "women" have pissed us off, it's about time you respected us as peers, you may be narrow minded, but potential clients are not, open your minds, accept people for who they are, or us male techs/therapists are gonna kick your asses, by bringing to attention to your shallow thoughts and judgmental attitudes of both the technician and potential clients .....men are not predators, we (as you do) just want equality (as customers and respected peers).

Apparently it's OK for women to want equality, but what about us men ?

If you don't want, or recognise the few problems that may arise from doing men, don't do them, entice them (yes entice) ...... (the worst),promote yourself to them, or take their money .....

Last edited:
Probably not, but perhaps, if the nurse isn't sexist, the husband may be able to be present at the birth of his own child.

I am a member of many forums worldwide and this forum would have to be the most judgmental of men of any in the world

You all seem to think men fancy you, want to bed you, or take advantage ... if it were me in my normal life, people would say I had tickets on myself.....

although i understand you opinion, you alienate every man in this forum, ooooh heaven forbid a man do intimate waxing, or nails ..... well I ran over every woman in the industry before, achieved more (while i fought more), in the end, I beat every woman in my country, yet still had to fight ......
I find woman way more sexist than men and in the UK (by observing this site) less understanding of men, yet men are prospering, you better learn to suck it up, and just as NSS (and your negativity toward them), men will prosper regardless of your opinion and may take away many of your clients due to being a more understanding and neutral therapist, rather than an opinionated and outdated mentality, by all means you can ride in the wake of my success and other male technicians/therapists, foundering in your bigotry, while us men just get along with the job at hand while you ponder where you went wrong .... well you went wrong by being so "square" and narrow minded while us men just get along with the job, entertain our clients without judging others .

I went through all this almost 30 years ago ...... but in the end I am one of the busiest salons in Australia, doing beautifully structured nails, 5.5 million hits on YouTube, all due to the fact I include people, rather than "exclude", stick that in you judgmental pipes and dream on ......
POWER TO THE MEN IN "OUR" INDUSTRY , one day you may have to eat our dust....... and all you negative girls deserve this attitude, you have dished it out to us successful men for far too long ......

All very well but the boyfriend wanted to inspect her work. How would you feel if a woman or man came in to make sure you were doing your job properly?

Nick, my partner came in with me and held my hand throughout a very intimate medical procedure "down there". There was a camera with the screen for him to see right there lol. However he didnt come in to "make sure they were doing it right" he came to hold my hand whilst I had pre cancerous cells removed from my cervix. He has also been present at the birth of two of my children, and yes he was at business end..a bikini wax is not comparable to either of these senarios and despite him having seen all my internal organs during my c section (lol) I'd think he was a bit of a perve if he wanted to watch me having my vagina waxed by another woman

Well if I did intimate waxing I would not allow anyone else in the room whilst performing the treatment. If the partner wants to pop in at the end for a "check" then that would be ok whilst I turn around. If they dont like it, tough. I'm talking both sexes.

Well if I did intimate waxing I would not allow anyone else in the room whilst performing the treatment. If the partner wants to pop in at the end for a "check" then that would be ok whilst I turn around. If they dont like it, tough. I'm talking both sexes.

Id probably say "oh don't worry I'm gonna do such a good job you will be able to ha e a good look if she lets you go down there later" ;)

Actually, I wouldn't care,I'm not "square", don't care, I'd just get the job done without fantasing about what is going on in another persons mind, unlike others, I don't judge other people, nor think on behalf of them, or accuse them of something that is perhaps only in your own dirty mind, rather than something quite innocent, "a man being with his partner through everything".

Just because you and your partner don't have this understanding doesn't mean you should judge others according to your own relationship or demented thoughts without foundation based purely upon your own imagination.

It's a different era and some older people may not understand "newer, sharing,relationships with a carefree attitude" and unless you are understanding, or part of a newer era, you may never understand, although your/my nanna opinions may suit your/my feelings, they may not suit others ..... we all have to evolve, whether we like it or not, they will find a more broadminded salon and leave the old behind .....

You have your opinions and I have mine, just like my grandmother has hers and the newer generation has theirs

OK , as to original post, I wouldn't care ....... you may, but I don't, I don't see every man as a predator or sex fiend .... but you may, we are all different, that's my opinion as a man whereas most of yours are based on being women.

Actually, I wouldn't care,I'm not "square", don't care, I'd just get the job done without fantasing about what is going on in another persons mind, unlike others, I don't judge other people, nor think on behalf of them, or accuse them of something that is perhaps only in your own dirty mind, rather than something quite innocent, "a man being with his partner through everything".

Just because you and your partner don't have this understanding doesn't mean you should judge others according to your own relationship or demented thoughts without foundation based purely upon your own imagination.

It's a different era and some older people may not understand "newer, sharing,relationships with a carefree attitude" and unless you are understanding, or part of a newer era, you may never understand, although your/my nanna opinions may suit your/my feelings, they may not suit others ..... we all have to evolve, whether we like it or not, they will find a more broadminded salon and leave the old behind .....

You have your opinions and I have mine, just like my grandmother has hers and the newer generation has theirs

What a load of tosh.I don't care how people get their jollies but I don't want to be a part of it when im working.You are not a women and you don't have to treat people intimately so I don't think you have any idea what it can be like its nothing to do with being sexist,prudish old fashioned or men haters.

You are not a women and you don't have to treat people intimately so I don't think you have any idea what it can be like its nothing to do with being sexist,prudish old fashioned or men haters.

Whilst I agree that nobody should do anything they aren't comfortable with, I've quoted your post because I think it is the best example of a way of thinking that needs to be left behind. Women have fought for years for equality, in every aspect of life and if we continue to use this argument- you are not a woman- it is further separating the sexes and putting us in camps of us vs them.
Man woman whoever doesn't come into it and irrespective of ones profession we can not use gender as a basis for argument.

I've said it before on here, this forum is rife with a hugely negative sexist attitude towards men. I recall a joke being made about a male therapist, something to do with massage and oh give him my number or something to that effect. I asked if the roles were reversed would you be happy with a blatant sexual joke being made about you.

Regarding the original post I don't like anyone standing over me watching what I'm doing, it can be a bit off putting! I'd have no issue with them being in the room as long as they were out of my way and workspace. If someone acts inappropriately with me then treatment ends there and then.

Whilst I agree that nobody should do anything they aren't comfortable with, I've quoted your post because I think it is the best example of a way of thinking that needs to be left behind. Women have fought for years for equality, in every aspect of life and if we continue to use this argument- you are not a woman- it is further separating the sexes and putting us in camps of us vs them.
Man woman whoever doesn't come into it and irrespective of ones profession we can not use gender as a basis for argument.

I've said it before on here, this forum is rife with a hugely negative sexist attitude towards men. I recall a joke being made about a male therapist, something to do with massage and oh give him my number or something to that effect. I asked if the roles were reversed would you be happy with a blatant sexual joke being made about you.

Regarding the original post I don't like anyone standing over me watching what I'm doing, it can be a bit off putting! I'd have no issue with them being in the room as long as they were out of my way and workspace. If someone acts inappropriately with me then treatment ends there and then.

If you ever decide to add massage to your training and want to advertise it I think your views may well change and no I have no problem with any jokes made about me I've live with shortest jokes all my life and being patted on the head I'm very thick skinned.

Older generation??? I'm 30 not 55!! And if someone's husband wanted to check my hair cut if be peed off doesn't matter if its waxing or whatever they were undermining her!

OK , as to original post, I wouldn't care ....... you may, but I don't, I don't see every man as a predator or sex fiend .... but you may, we are all different, that's my opinion as a man whereas most of yours are based on being women.

Exactly your opinion as a man.......life is pretty different being a woman x

If you ever decide to add massage to your training and want to advertise it I think your views may well change and no I have no problem with any jokes made about me I've live with shortest jokes all my life and being patted on the head I'm very thick skinned.

I'm sure it might attract a few oddballs alright but believe me I've already had the strange phone calls! I can imagine offering massage will open up a whole other issue but its part of the job unfortunately, right or wrongly.

I'm fairly thick skinned and can take a joke, my point in the other post was that it always seems ok on here to take the piss out of men but if the situations and sexes were reversed you can be sure it wouldn't be seen as funny. I wasn't aiming it at you so apologies if it seemed I was, it was more of a general observation.

Besides it has sod all to do with sexism and everything to do with how the therapist feels and what she feels comfortable doing. If you didn't feel comfortable doing something would you do it regardless despite it going against your principles? If it made you so nervous you may not "perform" to the best of your ability.

I do understand what Carl is trying to say. I do think a lot of people give men a hard time.
As I said in my previous post, some people don't see anything wrong with being in the room whilst their partner is having an intimate treatment. Just because a guy wants to be in the room it doesn't automatically make him a perv.
However, the therapist felt uncomfortable with this and ultimately it is her salon and her rules.
I do intimate male waxing and understandably a lot of men are quite nervous the first time. They usually ask a lot of questions and sometimes they word it wrong because they are nervous. I don't automatically assume they are a perv just because they ask me what will happen if they get an erection (this is the main question I get asked). I don't automatically assume they are a pervert when they do get an erection (and a few do). I don't automatically assume they are a pervert when they make a little sexual innuendo (which some do because they are embarrassed).
I think sometimes people read too much into things and a lot of people do assume wrongly.
I have never had any problem with any of my male clients. Now female clients, that's another story!
If you don't feel comfortable with something then don't do it but don't assume the worst just because that person is male, they make the best clients!

You all seem to think men fancy you, want to bed you, or take advantage ... if it were me in my normal life, people would say "I had tickets on myself".....

Although i understand your opinion, (as i believe in an equal world (and equal sexes)you alienate every man/client in this forum,(many do their best to alienate me, but I'm a tough buggar) ...... (just look through every post considering men in this industry and men as clients, no matter how innocent, apparently they want to have sex with someone (often with those less than average, merely because they are men), ooooh heaven forbid a man do intimate waxing, or nails ..... well I ran over every woman in the industry before, achieved more (while i fought more), in the end, I beat every woman in my country, yet still had to fight ......

I find woman way more sexist than men and in the UK (by observing this site) less understanding of men (apparently we are all predators), yet men are prospering, you better learn to suck it up, and just as NSS (and your negativity toward them), men will prosper regardless of your opinion and may take away many of your clients due to being a more understanding and neutral therapist, rather than an opinionated and outdated mentality, by all means you can ride in the wake of my success and other male technicians/therapists, foundering in your bigotry, while us men just get along with the job at hand while you ponder where you went wrong .... well you went wrong by being so "square" and narrow minded while us men just get along with the job, entertain our clients without judging others .

I went through all this almost 30 years ago ...... but in the end I am one of the busiest salons in Australia,an internationally recognized technician doing beautifully structured nails, 5.5 million hits on YouTube, all due to the fact I "include" people, rather than "exclude", stick that in you judgmental pipes and dream on ......

Do I sound pissed off? well yes I am, I'm annoyed by your sexism and bigotry toward male technicians,therapists and on behalf of potential clients, not to mention all "males" as a whole. Just look through any post in here that mentions men as clients (or in any capacity).

Some just want a service, maybe with a cheeky comment, but we don't want to bed you .... get over yourself, don't flatter yourself so much, I may just want my balls waxed, apparently you can have your beavers waxed without question, but when a man wants something it has some amazing background reason that apparently involves you and the need to have sex with your average selves..... GET REAL .... Men do want sex, but with "certain people" and that "certain" person may not be you, no matter how much you dream on/fantasize/think/flatter yourself. (I actually think it;s your mind, more than the mans mind) ..........herein lies the problem, your imagination (in some case hope or fantasy)

It's time you treated men as equals (in and out of the salon), as potential clients, as respected peers, if you don't, we have the potential to take over as technicians, therapists, whatever, due to the fact you "women" have pissed us off, it's about time you respected us as peers, you may be narrow minded, but potential clients are not, open your minds, accept people for who they are, or us male techs/therapists are gonna kick your asses, by bringing to attention to your shallow thoughts and judgmental attitudes of both the technician and potential clients .....men are not predators, we (as you do) just want equality (as customers and respected peers).

Apparently it's OK for women to want equality, but what about us men ?

If you don't want, or recognise the few problems that may arise from doing men, don't do them, entice them (yes entice) ...... (the worst),promote yourself to them, or take their money .....

Completly agree!

I think it would be well to remember that the male in question was not the client and at no point was the OP's thread sexist in anyway?
I too am very thicked skinned and in my day job I deal with men purchasing products to increase their size and performance and I have had more dirty calls than most folk have had hot dinners and heard things that would make your hair curl lol I also have no issue with doing male intimate waxing as the day job makes me see men and their 'bits' in a whoooole different light, but if I had been in the same situation as the OP i too would have refused....the couple were there for an alterior motive and she was quite correct in refusing x

[QUOTE=Bluerinse;

That's fine but you are from the nail side to and I feel if you don't do intimate treatments or massage you wouldn't really know what sometimes we have to put up with.This thread has now gone way off track I really don't understand where accusations of sexism and dislike of males in the industry have come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back