Wrong to not let boyfriend watch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sallyl

Reaction score
Ok that sounds worse than it is, ha ha! Had a client in today for a Hollywood wax (as taught by Kim lawless, so you know what positions they get into), anyway went to take her through and her boyfriend follows!? I tell him to take a seat in reception, we have magazines and the girls will get him a drink, the girl says oh no he.ll come in. Now i don't know how everyone feels but i was like.. What?? I thought about it and just thought i would be very uncomfortable so i said i didn't think it was appropriate and the room is quite small etc, she said no i want him to come in, he will check its all gone! I said i can assure you it will be all gone and he can check at home. She went off and one and said i was being ridiculous and stormed out shouting! Was i over thinking things??
Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Good for you. Your salon your rules!

That's a hard one really.

If it made you uncomfortable you were probably right to refuse BUT I have had friends who come in together, I think its a bit odd, its a personal thing to me but then that is just how I feel. One lot of girls come together and chat away like its nothing, the other are so nervous every time that they come to support each other.

Had this girl had a wax before? Was he there for moral support? Did he make any remarks or say anything when the girl asked him to come in?

I am with you on finding it odd. But my cousin brings her boyfriend in and I just treat him as if he is not there lol. I suppose you could have tried it and if you felt he was being seedy or whatever you could have said to them at the end you didn't want them back in. I do find it very very odd as I certainly wouldn't want my boyfriend in with me getting this done! But you went with your instinct and that's what you have to do. Maybe he was quite controlling or something?

I say well done for standing your ground! I run a salon on my own and other than the occasional child no other person is allowed in that treatment room other than the client. It makes me uncomfortable and as previously stated, your salon, your rules!

I don't even let them sit in reception as when I close the door I can't see what they're doing! I suggest they go for a wander around town or go for a coffee. If people get smart they can go somewhere else! I would have done what you did had I been in your situation, don't fret it :)

I don't wax yet and won't be doing intimate either. BUT when I do I won't want anyone else there other than me and the client, especially when she said he will inspect it!!! I would feel nervous and uncomfortable having someone looking over my shoulder!!
Good for you I would not have aloud him in either.

I don't mind friends coming in, we get that too! I haven't had it for the Hollywood wax though, they seemed totally relaxed and like it was normal for him to come in, i just didn't fancy my client on all fours with me delving around down there and him sat behind me watching, just thought it was odd but wanted to double check i Wasnt being sensitive. X ha ha x glad i said no. X

You followed you gut, best thing to do even if it does lose you a client.

I'm fuming reading that! Well done you. It's totally wrong to allow another person in the room when doing intimate waxing. What a pair of Pervs. xx

I had this problem with a client when I first started intimate waxing. She brought her "toy boy" in & he asked could he take pictures!! Lmao!! I was SO nervous & shy at the time (being one of my first) but I stood my ground & asked him to leave. He did, I did what I was paid to do in a professional manner & she left. 8 years later she is still one of my regulars but I will never ever forget how I felt in being put in such a position!!

I don't allow others in. I just tell them that my insurance company won't cover me if I do and they're happy with that. They're not to know that I doubt the insurance company would care.

Hi sally. Me and you trained on the same kim lawless course.
I just want to say i think you did the right thing.
I too have had a client wanting her fella there. I said i wasnt happy about it but she insisted. Luckily for me when appt came he had to work so wasnt there but as im mobile jm dreading the time he is there.

There was no sensible reason for him to be there so you were perfectly right to refuse. They obviously treat this as a day out!:eek:

I want my fiance with me everywhere I go no matter what and I still wouldn't want him in the room if I was having that done!!

I want my fiance with me everywhere I go no matter what and I still wouldn't want him in the room if I was having that done!!

Haha im the exact same! Definitely wouldn't want him seeing that well done for standing your ground.
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Ok that sounds worse than it is, ha ha! Had a client in today for a Hollywood wax (as taught by Kim lawless, so you know what positions they get into), anyway went to take her through and her boyfriend follows!? I tell him to take a seat in reception, we have magazines and the girls will get him a drink, the girl says oh no he.ll come in. Now i don't know how everyone feels but i was like.. What?? I thought about it and just thought i would be very uncomfortable so i said i didn't think it was appropriate and the room is quite small etc, she said no i want him to come in, he will check its all gone! I said i can assure you it will be all gone and he can check at home. She went off and one and said i was being ridiculous and stormed out shouting! Was i over thinking things??
You definitely did the right thing. As Kim said, what a pair of Pervs! I read this to my husband and his first outburst was 'could he not just check at home!'
Pulling a face that said: WEIRDO. Well done.

I do the same as Lynne and say that my insurance only covers me for having one person in the room. I tell them that I can't keep an eye on the other person. I have a lot of expensive and dangerous equipment in my room and I don't want them messing with anything.
I think 'perv' is a bit of a strong word-lol
Some people are nervous and some just don't see anything wrong with it.
They are always ok when I tell that my insurance won't cover me and that I would hate for them to have an accident.

I'm fuming reading that! Well done you. It's totally wrong to allow another person in the room when doing intimate waxing. What a pair of Pervs. xx

Exactly what I thought !

Exactly what I thought!

Told my partner and he just said some men might find that a turn on I wouldnt let someone in!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back