Your Best Add-On Service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your best Add-On Service?

• Airbrushed Nails

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Tooth/Body Gems

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Waxing

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Tanning

Votes: 72 28.9%
  • Facials

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Eye Treatments (eyelash tinting/curling eg)

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Mendhi/Henna Body Art

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Real Diamonds (yes REAL!) for Nails

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Other (please tell us more!)

Votes: 28 11.2%

• Total voters

Hollyballoo

Truly, Madly Geeky...
Reaction score
Just wondering, for those of you who started out as Nail Technicians, what add-on service did you introduce to your menu along the way, and what has proven to be overall the most popular and profitable? I've listed a fair few, but if there is something you've introduced that isn't mentioned, let us know! Just curious to hear what is hot and what is not in your neck of the woods!

hi

I could only pick one so i would say that waxing (just got a fab new pistal roller system from depileive :rolleyes: i digress sorry!) is a great add on service especially the roller kits as they heat up quick and are easy to transprot for mobile therapists.

i would say eye treatments too though especially tiniting and shaping, hmm and spray tanning is popular too :lol: oops sorry thats three!

i offer quite a few beauty treatments aswell as nail enhancements and have just started making my own cuticle oil, beauty cremes etc and these are very popular, the beauty cremes are made to the clients particular needs, and they are all coming back asking for more. i will soon be adding lip balm to the list. i have to add that i make a wrinkle creme, and i cant make enough of this stuff, its brill (even tho i say so myself) and YES IT DOES WORK :)

I answered this and voted 'waxing' because apparently it is such a lucrative add on for you teks and is relatively quick and easy to do!! I am not a beauty therapist in anyway but it takes my therapist precisely 10 minutes for bikini and underarms and that's me done - I think I pay about £12 - £15!! Maybe I'm talking rubbish but it seems to make some sense :o :eek: :rolleyes: - well to me anyway! :D

I have never had a minute to add on any other service apart from pedicures, so I voted other (meaning pedicures). always been strictly nails and nail related services.

How did you market your creams, I was thinking of doing this as I'm a qualified aromatherapist as well, can't think how to start though.
Alli

alli said:
How did you market your creams, I was thinking of doing this as I'm a qualified aromatherapist as well, can't think how to start though.
Alli
it started when the clients came in and i told them about using cuticle oil, i also told them that i make my own, then proceeded to tell them that i make my own cremes etc, and had a general hand creme made up, gave them a sniff, and used it on their hands - they just seemed to gain interest from there, i tell everyone that comes to me, and it snowballed from there.

hope this helps

Waxing does seem to be a popular additional service so I'm seriously considering adding that to my repertoire - Tracy, you'll have to let me know how you get on with Depiléve - they have a great range of products - I got their facial paraffin heater kit a while back, though found it a bit fiddly applying that over the muslin face mask but really got it for the small heater to use for hot paraffin treatments as it would be quicker to heat up for mobile purposes etc. The brushing on is a bit of a fiddly procedure and hence that's why recently, I've been looking into those strips which you can simply dip and wrap.

At the moment, my best "additional" new service has been French gel toes - I was never too keen on pedicures or toenail enhancements to be honest but was so impressed with the look and durability, I couldn't help but offer this too once clients saw them (and the fact I can get away with wearing surgical gloves from the get go for this procedure without causing them offence - because I SO cannot bear to touch the human foot :eek:!), and it has proven extremely popular, especially as the regrowth rate is so much slower and therefore maintenance is not as costly for them.

My best add-ons are french polish, and paraffin treatments.

I don't know what the license requirements are for everyone else but my license only allows me to do enhancements and natural nails. No waxing, tinting, etc. I don't do alot of natural nail services, mainly enhancements, so my add ons are very limited. Usually nail art. I never could work that da** airbrush machine so I prefer handpainting. (my salon now uses the machine for airbrush tanning!) I think I have done well with hand painting. If I ever get a scanner..I will post my work!

I suppose for me as i am strictly into nails then my add on wuld have to be Nail art. I love doing the 3D nail art as well which i am hoping to make just as popular. So i voted Other as i only do freehand nail art not airbrushing.

I get asked alot for waxing, so that is my most popular service. Everyone needs to defuzzed.

I have added all beauty treatments to my salon and i have been busy with waxing and eye treatments, my nail clients that come to me ask for it and although i am extremley busy with nails, i try to fit them in even if i have to work late, i would rather keep my nail clients coming to me than go to another salon for extra treatments. They think its great that they can have their nails done then have their eyebrows tinted at the same time!!!!!

Amanda

I do su-do body art and airbrushed nail art thought cant say how popular it is yet as ive only recently started it, maybe xmas will be the time for temporary tattoos? x

I offer airbrushing and hand painted nail art. I also have many colour and glitter acrylics as well as dried flowers that are really popular at the moment. I find with adding these and the 3d, encased and emmbeding nail art has been an excellent profit booster! These also keep nails interesting and fun plus I love the response from clients.

I have to say I only offer nail treatments and the best thing i ever offer as add ons are Paraffin wax and free hand nail not forgetting the:cool: coloured/glitter gels and acrylics

Luv Jackie

My most popular add on service has to be airbrush tanning, it takes no more than 20 mins from start to finish. It's quick and simple and my clients seem to love it. I would love to say it was airbushed nails but unfortunatly my clients are quite consevative (Thay think a french manicure is quite daring).

my two most popular treatments (besides nails) are tinting and massage.

Our most popular add on is TATTOOS

my husband is so busy doing them
the clients have to pass me first so it brings me lots of business.

Ruby
www.logans-cave.co.uk

I Could Only Vote For On Thing But I Have More Then One Add On Which Are The Tanning Thats Seems To Be Popular,also The Air Brush Tatoos And The Nail Art.
The Tatoos Are Great For Kids Partys And Fancy Dress Nights Or Just For Peaple That Want A Real One But Not Sure If They Would Like It.
The Tanning Everyone Likes Because It Doesnt Take Long And They Like The Look After.
Nail Art Is Also Great.

Latest posts

Back