Your weight loss secrets!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I have done so far is cut out white bread, pasta, potatoes I have the odd few chips which are done in the air fryer. I have lost 1 and a half stone doing that but put on a few pounds while on holidays. I am just getting back into now. Also I second weight training most of the weight that came if me was from weight training. :)

Herbalife!! Lost 2 stone after having a baby and still kept it off xx

I don't diet but eat what I like in moderation & try to stick to 2000 calories a day.

I feel the fitness app helps as you don't realise a little pick of this and that soon adds up! X

Why does it make you fatter?

Because human beings are not designed to do endurance, what other mammal on this planet does it for fun? None

What would u rather have, the body of a sprinter of a long distance runner.

After about 10 mins of endurance the body goes into reserve, where as if you do short bought a of exercise your body exudes 100% output.

Also to attain a good shape u have to sculpt, I'm not expert but it's true. And you won't get heavy,

10 min wind sprints on treadmill followed by 30 mins of weights 4 times a week and it works,

Gotta eat clean too

Going gluten free is a great weight shifter! My sister in law lived with us for a few years and saw me and wes doing it!
She lost a lot of weight as followed and realised once you look into it! It's easily done.
First do your research first then try it as gluten is in a lot of things. But you can get the same thing just gluten free!

Like Nail Karma today

I lost 8 stone before having my daughter... 6 st just through becoming single again lol... Then 2 st on the dukan diet... Then that 2 stone went back on by the time I had my booking scan... Then lost the 3 st I put on after that (during pregnancy) using my fitness pal and now I'm back at that 16st mark that I struggled to get over before!!! I'd be happy at 14 st but just can't get there! I fluctuate between 15.7 & 16.3 ... Drives me potty

Emma-Louise

Hello. I have also started on the road to losing weight. I lost most of the baby weight just when I fell pg with my second. So now she is 1 it is about time I started to shift it again. I have started using myfitnesspal app. It gives you your calorie deficit so as long as I consume less calories than I burn then I should lose weight?! Heres hoping. Ive also been going to the gym twice a week doing cardio and weights. Ive been doing this for 2 1/2 weeks and the scales havent moved yet, but my clothes feel different. Should have took measurements. Anyone have any ideas why the scales havent moved? Maybe Im eating more calories than what I think Im eating. Good luck with your weight loss everyone. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and organic clean eating. I also agree with Lie lash on No cardio HIIT=high intensity interval training is the best way to a lean tonned body.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Im gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and organic clean eating. I also agree with Lie lash on No cardio HIIT=high intensity interval training is the best way to a lean tonned body.

Also only ever eat high protein breakfasts and keep 4 hours between meals. Your metabolism slows down every time you eat so if you are snacking often, even if it's healthy it slows your metabolism down.

I'm in my second week of the 30 day ab and squat challenge, I've been eating relatively healthy, doing an exercise DVD twice a week and I'm on my feet all night in my other job. Nothing's changed! I still look so bloated. I'm a coeliac and follow the diet strictly! Less than 4 weeks to my holiday! I'm tempted by an inch loss wrap!

Make sure you eat enough throughout the day, or when it comes to eating dinner your brain will want you to stock up and you often find yourself over eating because of this.

Protein fills you up and keeps you satisfied for longer, so eat plenty and also try and snack on it. Get prepared by doing a proper shop and having enough healthy snacks in the fridge so you never have the excuse to eat rubbish instead.

Drink plenty of water to help your system flush out fat.

Hey guys thought I'd start a thread for tips/secrets for weight loss! I've tried slimming world, weightwatchers, slimfast and most of the popular ones and not had huge luck, but I'm on a low fat diet now and have already lost 8 pounds in a week! It really seems to be working well :) any tips or tricks you guys have would be great to share to help everyone! 😀 xxx

Like this thread very interesting. What I've found over the years is that as u get older (44) now u have to limit ur portion sizes .. I have a balanced diet and generally eat what I like apart from the general crap food that's about ( processed stuff) but in smaller portions. I think I have around 1400 calories a day which is plenty. I weigh between 8 stone 3 to 7 which I can live with. Which is the same weight as I was when I left school. Not too bad really after three kids .. Faddy diets don't work long term x

Like this thread very interesting. What I've found over the years is that as u get older (44) now u have to limit ur portion sizes .. I have a balanced diet and generally eat what I like apart from the general crap food that's about ( processed stuff) but in smaller portions. I think I have around 1400 calories a day which is plenty. I weigh between 8 stone 3 to 7 which I can live with. Which is the same weight as I was when I left school. Not too bad really after three kids .. Faddy diets don't work long term x

Good advice, since turning 40 last year I'm finding I have to really watch what I'm eating and never have before. I do try and stick to 1500 four days a week but think I need to do six and one treat day.
I'm so good all day but gets to six and all I want to do is eat!!
I do try and eat healthy.
I don't drink anymore but that's one of the worst things for gaining weight. Xx

Going gluten free is a great weight shifter! My sister in law lived with us for a few years and saw me and wes doing it!
She lost a lot of weight as followed and realised once you look into it! It's easily done.
First do your research first then try it as gluten is in a lot of things. But you can get the same thing just gluten free!

Like Nail Karma today

I don't understand this at all! I'm gluten free due to severe allergies and gluten free alternatives for bread, pasta etc are more than double the fat and sugar of the normal equivalent. I actually gained half a stone after going gluten free yet eating less! Also gluten free equivalent tastes crap and is double the price so I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone if it's not needed for health reasons.

Good advice, since turning 40 last year I'm finding I have to really watch what I'm eating and never have before. I do try and stick to 1500 four days a week but think I need to do six and one treat day.
I'm so good all day but gets to six and all I want to do is eat!!
I do try and eat healthy.
I don't drink anymore but that's one of the worst things for gaining weight. Xx

I think to lose weight and maintain that loss it has to be a way of life not I'm on a diet for two months then that's it back to the old eating habits it's never gonna work... People still amaze me how uneducated they are not knowing what foods are good and bad for them and make silly mistakes that can be detrimental to weight loss or maintaining that loss. People need to be more educated on this and it starts right from when kids start school. Get rid of all these diets and just concentrate on a proper healthy diet that we all need .. X

I don't understand this at all! I'm gluten free due to severe allergies and gluten free alternatives for bread, pasta etc are more than double the fat and sugar of the normal equivalent. I actually gained half a stone after going gluten free yet eating less! Also gluten free equivalent tastes crap and is double the price so I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone if it's not needed for health reasons.

I also gained weight when I went GF it's to do with your stomach healing itself and reabsorbing nutrients again, but I don't think cutting down on gluten is bad for anyone, 50 years ago gluten was in 5% if our food now it's in 90% of our food meaning there us too much of it in our diets and that is why more people are becoming intolerant. It is a glue like substance that us causes lots of tummy troubles but I certainly wouldn't recommend it as a weight loss choice.

Nikki May and waffle you know so much that I don't and I've been ceoliac for over 20 years! I genuinely thought gluten free pasta was better for you than wheat pasta!

I'm starting to really enjoy fruit and is my only snack now (and low fat yoghurts). But when it comes to filling healthy meals I run out of ideas. I love pesto pasta with cherry tomatoes and half a ball of mozzarella, but I guess that's not good!

I lost 3st on slimming world, then put 2st back on and lost it again with weight watchers and then put it back on again :( so I'm currently doing weight watchers again trying to shift this weight for my holidays in 7 weeks!! I find ryvita with low fat dairylea spread fills me up and is fairly low in calories and fat...speaking of which this thread has made me very hungry I may go have some now!!xx

Nikki May and waffle you know so much that I don't and I've been ceoliac for over 20 years! I genuinely thought gluten free pasta was better for you than wheat pasta!

I'm starting to really enjoy fruit and is my only snack now (and low fat yoghurts). But when it comes to filling healthy meals I run out of ideas. I love pesto pasta with cherry tomatoes and half a ball of mozzarella, but I guess that's not good!

The brown rice based pastas are slightly better, quinoa is good and wild rice. I only have the pasta and bread for a treat. I eat lots of sweet potatoes. Im away this weekend and found a restaurant doing GF pasties and cakes and chips. Im very excited I want it all. Oh and I found GF organic ice cream. Im moving here lol

Latest posts

Back