£14.50 food challenge for a month

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an idea.
Put what you're eating into myfitnesspal and see which nutrients are missing. It might help you to plan what your body needs!
Genuine idea, not being snippy!

I think what you are doing is great ,there is a very large population of people that never have and never will have a balanced health diet or lifestyle ,what you have been eating is not all that bad and its not forever ,this is the best January challenge as in December lot of over eating and spending going on ,good luck with the rest of the month :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Banana omlette!? Each to their own but the thought is making me queasy! Banana pancakes or smoothie/milkshake were the obvious suggestions haha xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

I know sounds discusting that's what I thought when it was suggested to me, but if you sprinkle some cinnamon on top for sweetness it's really nice, try it :)

I know sounds discusting that's what I thought when it was suggested to me, but if you sprinkle some cinnamon on top for sweetness it's really nice, try it :)

Slimming world pancakes are egg and sweetner and they taste like sweet omelettes

This may have been mentioned already.
How about a daily multi-vit tablet while you're doing this?
Not without cost, but some very reputable sources are very cheap.

Today's meal https://14poundchallenge.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/day-5-my-potato/

Scissorz - the banana omelet idea sounds cool, will check how much the eggs cost and if I can afford it will try :)
Lynne Baker - thanks, will look into it. :idea:
lynn amber - Thanks :o
dandelionpoppy - multivitamins - I think great idea, if I decide to do it longer than a month. :green:

Awesome idea :) Wishing you the best of luck with it. Very inspiring stuff. Do you feel dizzy with the lack of protein though?

The cheapest my bf and I have managed is £25 a week.

I was also wondering about the protein. I do a lot of exercise and my body really needs it so I couldn't do this.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

As much as I admire your sense of competition (im very competitive myself and would want to win my challenge), I still think you need more fruit and veg in the diet. Can you incorporate some cheap fruit in on a daily basis?

My today's breakfast and shopping for protein.
Day 6 – Good Breakfast – Good Start | Live one month for £14.50

laurakate - to be very honest with you, I don't feel bad at all. I am feeling better and better. More energy day after day :) And thanks for good wishes :)
Andrea85 - today I bought a product for extra protein :)
LilMissEmmylou - on this limited budget I could get more frozen veg, but I much rather eat less, but the fresh ones. My goal is not eat healthy, but reasonably for a very limited amount of money. :)

To be honest I appreciate your goal is not to eat healthy but eat for a small amount of money, but youre not eating reasonably at all. And if I was your boyfriend I wouldn't let you win the bet because I'd say that you could win by eating nothing which is almost what you're doing! To win and prove a point you'd have to eat a genuine diet, in my opinion. You're having a few hundred cals a day.

But I get that this isn't a serious thing...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I think you should call it Survive a month on £14.50 not Live cause you can't call that living :)

wow .. that is a small amt!
are you doing it as a one off? surely nutritionally you couldnt live on such a small amt long term .. are you a secret celebrity practicing for bb or get me out of here ? lol

Are you still doing this?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Hey haven't seen the low down for a while are you still doing your challenge.x

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this site or not yet

www.approvedfood.co.uk

Lots of groceries, toiletries, pet food etc at very low prices, yesterday I got £80 of food for £20

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Wow just had a quick look as on my phone, how come its so cheap? Is it delivered? X

The food isn't within date so the supermarkets can't sell it hence why it's cheap, the food it's self is actually ok and approved xx

Ahh I see :) xx

Latest posts

Back