10yr old wanted fullset doing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because it went from nails to criticing parental methods... seems to have got abit lost. Personally i thought extensions on younger people get more lifting because of their natural oils

Like anyone else, sometimes they can and sometimes they are just fine. Depends on the products you use too, whether the product uses a hydrogen bond to the nail plate or a covalent bond to the plate. Many factors cxome into the lifting issue with young ones.

My opinion is that if the enhancements are made to be suitable for the age and activity of the child, then there is no reason for anyone to refuse to do them provided they have the parents' consent. The parents need to convey all the aftercare info to the child and what will happen if they pick, and if they do then not let thme have them done again. Where the heck the harm is in that I cannot see.

If the child does some temporary damage to their nails through picking, then it's not the end of the world. Most nail technicinas have the worst damaged nails of anyone I've ever seen and we all know it grows out given a chance .. it is not permanent. So let the parents of the child make up their minds whether they want to go down the route of enhanced nails or not for their child .. Me?? I'm in business to do nails. If a parent wants a young childs nails done then I'll do them ... and I'll inform them of what they aree getting into and then it is up to them. I would not refuse to do them.

Its a difficult one isn't it.
Especially as beauty pageants and childrens pamper parties are becoming much more popular.If a child were definately going to have some form of enhancement because of a pageant say, it would certainly be better that they were done by a caring expeienced qualified nail tech than an nss or by their mum with stick ons or a boots kit.
I wouldnt generally because of insurance but then i would if it was my own or a friends child for the reasons of nail biting and i have put Calgel overlays on some children but unfortunately as they are soft and taste a bit sweet they chew them off but worth a try .I also would if say they wanted them for a special occasion and were going to use stick ons or go somewhere else that i knew wouldnt take care.

Oh dear.... anyone else think this thread should just be pulled now?

When an errant child behaves like an absolute beast in a public place such as a grocery store... do you wait until you get home to discipline them?
NO! You deliver it right there via time-out or whatever so that they suffer the shame of their actions. They embarass you with their behaviour so they should be emabarassed by their publicly witnessed discipline.

Next time, they'll think twice before acting like little savages.

Like anyone else, sometimes they can and sometimes they are just fine. Depends on the products you use too, whether the product uses a hydrogen bond to the nail plate or a covalent bond to the plate. Many factors cxome into the lifting issue with young ones.

Brill! Thanks for this :) A pool of knowledge as usual :)
I was just told that on my course so wasn't sure if it was correct or not :o

I have done a set of gels on my neice (13) and she's been having them by other techs for over a year.. at the end of the day her mum gave it the go ahead and she doesn't climb up trees or anything, she's past that age now. ALL her friends have acrylics and gels.... if i lived near them i would make a fortune lol!!

When an errant child behaves like an absolute beast in a public place such as a grocery store... do you wait until you get home to discipline them?
NO! You deliver it right there via time-out or whatever so that they suffer the shame of their actions. They embarass you with their behaviour so they should be emabarassed by their publicly witnessed discipline.

Next time, they'll think twice before acting like little savages.

Eeeeek!! Ok, Ok!! lol! I'm on your side!! :D

Trust me ... You do NOT mess around with 'the HUNTER'. You stay on her good side!!! :D

Lol, trust me... i will! I knew i was doing best to stay stum about this whole thing but no silly me opens my mouth again lol :D

OHHH noo am I that child:sad::sad::sad:

lol I know where you are coming from:D

OHHH noo am I that child:sad::sad::sad:

lol I know where you are coming from:D

Well maybe a little bit darling, but you have had your time out and are off the hook!! lol

Trust me ... You do NOT mess around with 'the HUNTER'. You stay on her good side!!! :D

LMFAO
You make me sound like quite the beast LOL
I remember a time.. not so long ago... you and I had the go-around OMG the good old days HAHAHAHAHAHA
NOW we're best of buddies.. lol

And Aphrodites... hun.. I really wasn't having a go at you :hug:
I was simply making a point.
Sometimes, I come across much scarier than I actually am
(but then again, my 6'4" / 220lbs hubby is scared of me........ hmmmmmmmm)
LOL

LMFAO
You make me sound like quite the beast LOL
I remember a time.. not so long ago... you and I had the go-around OMG the good old days HAHAHAHAHAHA
NOW we're best of buddies.. lol

That is what makes good friends ... DEALING with stuff and not sweeping everything under the carpet or falling out about it. It makes relationships stronger.

Can't even remember for the life of me why we crossed swords in the first place ... you were probably being a snotty assed little know it all at the time ... LOL LOL LOL hee hee! But respect from both of us toward the other grew and most importantly we each listened to the other and reqasoned through each other's arguments. We may have even changed some of our thinking!! Fancy that!!!

Love you hun!! :hug:

That is what makes good friends ... DEALING with stuff and not sweeping everything under the carpet or falling out about it. It makes relationships stronger.

Can't even remember for the life of me why we crossed swords in the first place ... you were probably being a snotty assed little know it all at the time ... LOL LOL LOL hee hee! But respect from both of us toward the other grew and most importantly we each listened to the other and reqasoned through each other's arguments. We may have even changed some of our thinking!! Fancy that!!!

Love you hun!! :hug:

HA HA HA HA HA

well, I'm sure if we search the archives, we can find some REALLY NASTY fights hahahahaha
As for 'snotty assed know it all's', ummmm I'll bite my tongue on that one.:lick:
But yeah.. I was full of beans from the abysmal education here, and touting what I knew from my teachers here, not realizing that they are CRAP and that most don't know their arse from their elbow. (let's NOT get me started on the education here again.... I'm still annoyed from recent revelations)

I'll bet that I have an old email laying around too somewheres LOL
I also distinctly remember something along the lines of our 'points of view' something or other "never the twain shall meet". That last is a quote I shall never forget.
How's that for irony?
NOW THAT IS FUNNY!

Yup, love you loads, and you're earned my respect and admiration in more ways than one. We Geeks are a lucky lot to have you invest so much of your heart here (and I do mean HEART), without getting a thing in return except our thanks.

(but let's face it... those fights were FUN!!! hahaha)
:hug::Kissing:

Ref the original post.

NO NO NO NO NO - Never. And good for you to sticking to your morals. how easy would it have been to just said yes an took the money.

for those who say its ok if parent says yes ......just because the parent says its ok that doesnt mean its all good. some parents think its fine for there children to act like total yobs , would you trust there judgement then ??

as for spray tanning a child WTF ?? - im not even going there. id be here all night

some crazy replies to this post... made interesting reading

Ref the original post.

NO NO NO NO NO - Never. And good for you to sticking to your morals. how easy would it have been to just said yes an took the money.

If you'd really found this 'interesting reading', you would have noticed the discussion with regards to 'morals'.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with "Morals" and everything to do with personal choices.

Moral | Define Moral at Dictionary.com

Peeps need to stop getting judgemental.

DEBATE AND DISCUSS issues by all means.
BUT GETTING NASTY AND PERSONAL has no place here, and raising the issue of "morals" is exactly THAT, aside from the fact the "morals" are irrelevant to this discussion.

Well maybe a little bit darling, but you have had your time out and are off the hook!! lol

Good I am glad as I was bored sitting on that step on my own lol:lick::lick:

I think people keep using the term "Immoral" when they mean "Inappropriate". Both are subjective and Immoral is rather Inappropriate in this context :)

FWIW, I'm not a fan of under 16's wearing enhancements as I think they run an increased risk of damaging their natural nails through breakage and/or picking. In a similar vein I guess am also not a big fan of children with hair extensions or makeup.

Playing dress up, having fun or "grown up" for an event (i.e. temporary) I can understand, but as a regular part of a beauty regimen? At 10? Nah. Seems kind of parental imposed and implied to me. But then that's just me.

Maybe its just because I suppose I would freak if my 10 year old wanted enhancements. :eek:

Regardless lets leave parenting advice to parentinggeek.com

lol yeh sam i would think so seeing as ure 10 yr old is a lad , lol

omg i aint getting into that one , lol ... although i have been known to use my son as a hand model for halloween themed nail art , lmao

Latest posts

Back