1st Bag of "Favours" (aka humbugs) received

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a lovely thought. Count me in! :hug:

me too can i have her addy please xx

This is in no way a beg for Victoria, take part dont take part that's the lovely thing about freedom of choice. If you are taking part though can you post your name on the thread so Victoria knows how many to expexct and when to tell us to stop!:lol:
x

First of all sweetie THANK YOU so much for this.

Now, I figured I didn't want anyone over spending or whatever.. so I thought I'd do the math. (I do hope it's not presumptious??:o)

I have 2 bags of humbugs that I had recieved at Xmas that were as of yet, unopened........ UNTIL NOW.
:lol: (now that's going to be a tough temptation)

I wanted to count how many were in each bag. There were exactly 29 pieces in each bag. I have 40 guests for the ceremony and dinner (strictly family and 6 of our CLOSEST friends), and then after, it's an open party (as I can't afford to feed more than that, I am doing a small open buffet table, myself/family/friends are doing the cooking). People will be invited to party after the dinner, probably another 30 or so? Their invitations will read "Your Presence is our Present" since they won't be invited to the dinner or ceremony.

I've never made bonboniers before and I've no idea how many are supposed to go in each?
I guess 4 is plenty?
So, for 40 guests, that's 160 candy's. At 29 per bag, it's 6 bags I guess?

Of course, any overflow can be added to make more bonbonniers for the late comers OR for me to munch on the night I make the bonboniers? (thinking emerald and cream tulle?)
:lol::lol::lol:

I love you all to bits, you know that right?
:Love::Love::Love::Love::Love:

Isnt it 4 items in favours for good luck?
I cannot remember for the life of me what I did, but 5 strikes a note!?
Whatever you have left over you can fill your face with!!
Are you making the bonbonierres yourself Victoria?

Isnt it 4 items in favours for good luck?
I cannot remember for the life of me what I did, but 5 strikes a note!?
Whatever you have left over you can fill your face with!!
Are you making the bonbonierres yourself Victoria?

It's 5 hun. I didn't have any...I thought I did him a favour by marrrying him tbh:)Traditionally, five Jordan almonds are presented in a confection box or wrapped in elegant fabric to represent fertility, longevity, wealth, health and happiness.
Wedding favors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's 5 hun. I didn't have any...I thought I did him a favour by marrrying him tbh:)Traditionally, five Jordan almonds are presented in a confection box or wrapped in elegant fabric to represent fertility, longevity, wealth, health and happiness.
Wedding favors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I miss typed (AGAIN!!), yeah I meant 5 :o.
Yes Judy you did do him a favour by marrying him!
Darn these men they should be forever grateful!

I wrapped mine in pink voile and tied the top with 2 types of pink ribbon, then put a wee charm on each, they looked great!
I ordered my sugared almonds from Italy, they were coated with gold and silver leaf and they looked great. Only £15 and I had hundreds, not bad I thought!

Totally gone off on one again, Im meant to be a wedding planner really!:lol:

I would also like to make a collage of all the lovely faces of geeks I know, and place THAT picture at a chair as well.
So that you ALL may have a place at my wedding and so EVERYONE knows who, what and why.

That is a bloody lovely idea :cry:
You can have my mug at your wedding if you want...ill put me make up on over the next few days and post a pic,
cant go to a wedding looking rough lol.,

I dont have an m&s either unfortunatley,,,we are not worthy of posh shops here lol,

But I am wishing you ALL THE VERY BEST for your special day :hug:

I was supposed to send some to Vetty for Victoria for xmas, to say thanks for setting up ss and totally forgot with everything that was going on!!!

Will send 2 bags if you would kindly give me address.

Thanks, Lisa x

Lovely thought by the way.

Think Vicoria is going to have enough to keep her munching for several years! We're not paying the dentist bills though! That's up to you Victoria. LOL
Marion x

LOL:lol::lol:

Hubby to be has medical insurance, so that covers the dentist bills...

As for the five bonbons which "represent fertility, longevity, wealth, health and happiness"
Ummmmmm am thinking I will stick to four and SKIP "fertility".
THIS STORE IS CLOSED. :lol: (unless fertility only has to do with the functioning of ummmmmmmmmm certain equipment that is NOT my own :wink2:, then in that case I'll make it 5 hahahahahaha:lol:)

Yes, I'll be making my own favours (just as "I" will be cooking turkeys before my wedding to put cold turkey out on the buffet table, and baking banana bread to put in the freezer as one of the offerings on the desert table :wink2:). Doing as much on my own as I possibly can, ya know, for the budget. Likely, my mum, maid of honour and maybe my aunt will help. But yes, I'll be doing it.
Just wrapping them in tulle, adding some ribbons... maybe grabbing some fake/plastic wedding bands from the craft store and adding those.... fake flower buds or something, to decorate the ribbon? Not sure yet, will have to look around. I'll surf the net for ideas too.

I'm also going to make my own invitations and print them, and place cards too.

Thanks again, you LOVELY people!!

PLEASE REMEMBER, I want ALL of your pictures!!! And I don't mean your itsy bitsy avatars. Something I can make a gorgeous, and huge collage with.
:green: I'll hang it in my office later (right next to my pooter)

:hug::hug::hug:

Just went through half a box of kleenex!
I thought this thread was a repeat of a blog post, so I didn't glance as I'd already had my chuckles.
Chuckles and tears in one day AND a parcel.

I'm overwhelmed to say the least.
I just got off the phone with my Mum, to tell her what BEAUTIFUL friends I have in the UK. I said to her "how fantastic is it, that people I've never met, who are from Nana's home, are helping me with my wedding? Doing this HUGE and WONDERFUL thing for me?" I said "between Nana's dress, Nana's Cameo, her wedding band AND the humbugs.. Nana IS going to be there, on my wedding day" Then I started howling all over again and my mother said to cut it out as she couldn't understand a word I was saying.:cry::lol:

Crap, brb, I've started tearing up again...

Ok, it's me again. More kleenex in the trash.

I've planned on scanning a picture of my Nana in her wedding dress, and placing it at a chair at my table at my wedding.
BUT I've had another thought.
I would also like to make a collage of all the lovely faces of geeks I know, and place THAT picture at a chair as well.
So that you ALL may have a place at my wedding and so EVERYONE knows who, what and why.

Thank you, all of you. For EVERYTHING. For the links to where I can get humbugs, for your kind words, for listening to me prattle on in nonsense, and for SO VERY MUCH MORE. Thank you, thank you, thank you....etc.. yes, thank you AGAIN.

I love you like family:!::Love:.

So please, even if you don't send humbugs, if you would like to be at my wedding, PLEASE send me your picture for my collage. Don't worry about cropping or anything, I can take care of that.
It's the thoughts and kind words that count, but of course, I DO appreciate the humbugs too LOL do NOT get me wrong.

My...... I am a VERY spoiled and VERY lucky geek indeed, to be able to count all of you as my friends.
Everyone should be so rich as I am, to be surrounded by so very many loving people

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

bless ya victoria....we care cos you do ....i have sent marion a message as i need your addy hun....otherwise i will have the humbugs for myself!!!!!!!!!!...ONLY JOKING....your worth a thread hun...you would do the same for us xxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

count me in, ill send you a bag of m&s humbugs xx :hug:

count me in too will need address though:hug:

I've posted mine today, so they're on there way Victoria xx:lick:

I just had my first bag of "Favours" arrive from Noodle (aka Karen).

She's the guilty geek who happily takes the blame for giving me this idea, and had me fretting until the lovely world that is nailgeek came to my rescue to make my dreams come true. :hug::hug::hug:

THANK YOU!!

I shall keep you lot posted as they arrive so that no one frets if their parcel has arrived or not.

Giant hugs to all of you!!!! I don't know if you truly realize how VERY much this means to me.:Love:

You are quite the special lot.
Especially considering I've local "friends" that wouldn't be as kind, or as generous, or thoughtful as you all have been.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww nothing beats this family thing we all have going on here on this site, isn't it great,:hug:
you won the race to get them to Victoria first noodle :D

why didnt you just go buy some if you are that desperate for them. im sure i saw a post where a geek had posted a link for you.

getting mine on Saturday and send them straight away sweetie x

mine will also be on their way soon! xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back