5 year old girl has been abducted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to mention that I hope they find this poor little girl today. Its devastating to think about the horrors that this vulnerable little girl has potentially gone through, I really hope that's not the case. I'm also praying for the parents, their world will be falling apart. I just saw my girl set off for college this morning and if I thought she wouldnt be coming home it would be the end of my world. You just cannot begin to imagine what any of them are going through.

This is just awful, I really hope they find this little girl soon.

As much as I can understand people's points of view regarding a young girl playing out at that time of evening I think its distasteful to be criticising the parents at such a horrendous time. I'm sure they will be torturing themselves as it is for not watching her closer, can you imagine that happening to your child and knowing you could have prevented it? They are suffering enough as it is, the last thing they need right now is to be reading comments about their lack of parenting skills all over the media.

I understand what you are saying here but if the little girl was In bed ready for school the next day, instead of playing out at 7/7.30pm at night when now it is pitch black outside then this may of not happened. I'm sorry to say but the parents do have to take some responsibility for their actions and it's extremely sad that she has been taken and this world is a sick place.

All parents make mistakes no one is perfect and I can't even think about what they are going through. Just thinking about not seeing my babies makes me sick. They don't deserve this so I hope she is found ASAP.
I feel so bad for the family and wouldn't trade places with them for all the money in the world. I truly hope they find her unharmed and safe.

I have 2 children age 4&6 and they would not be playing outside alone at that time of night whether I thought my area was safe or not. People cannot be trusted these days.

[QUOTE=Nails

I could not agree more xx

I really hope she is found, I can't help but think of the holly & Jessica story when kids go missing, its so sad.

Now I'm not saying the parents are to blame in this story for not keeping an eye out, not in anyway shape or form, I don't know the background of the story to make a comment.

I know kids have a tendency to wonder but recently a 3yr old girl was found wondering in her pyjamas at 4am on a busy main road less than 2 weeks ago, 5 minutes from were I live.

What id like to know is how a 3 yr old can get out of bed not disturbing anyone, & open the door on her own & make way for a busy high street in the early hours? I find it quite disturbing tbh.

Also a couple of years back a similar thing happened to an 18 month old toddler in my town & it happened on a very rough estate :eek:

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

The sad reality is that abductions/kidnappings/events of this type have not increased over the years.

They are just much more publicised now so everyone knows about it almost straight away and are aware of what has happened all over the place (not just locally).

The world is a scarey place and always has been and there have and will always be those few individuals who think this type of behavior is normal and acceptable.

Horrible as it is we should always be looking out for the 'odd', 'weird', 'unusual' etc.. around our family (not just kids) but we let our guards slip and we get told by the media and the police that 'it's rare for these things to happen' and 'not to panic or overreact'.

It is awful that there are people out there that would do these kinds of things and someone somewhere must know information and they are just as guilty as the person that took her. You can not tell me that nobody has seen her, nobody has noticed a friend or relative acting strange/cagey/out of sorts, nobody has any idea at all where she might be?

My little girl (9) asked me this morning if April has been found yet and I had a quick look online and then said no. She looked so worried that I put a police interview on for her to see all the people who are looking for her and she seems a little happier knowing there are lots of people out trying to find her and some of those were out through the night. She said how April must be cold and hungry all alone (assuming the man in custody is guilty) and that she needs to be found and to go home to her mammy & daddy.

I have had to stop myself keeping the kids home from school to cwtch them (welsh word for cuddle) and keep them safe with me.

It's all a very sad situation, my little girl is 8 and iv been telling her all about it... But we live in Soham and the awful events ten years ago with Holly and Jessica are still very much in everyone's minds, we keep our children close and are very aware of what can happen... It's just so bad that we have to wrap them in cotton wool...

I really hope April is safe xx

The sad reality is that abductions/kidnappings/events of this type have not increased over the years.

They are just much more publicised now so everyone knows about it almost straight away and are aware of what has happened all over the place (not just locally).

The world is a scarey place and always has been and there have and will always be those few individuals who think this type of behavior is normal and acceptable.

I have had to stop myself keeping the kids home from school to cwtch them (welsh word for cuddle) and keep them safe with me.

It's thanks to social networking that we are more aware of the frequency of things like this, I live not far from Mach and I had it pop up on my fb news feed by someone in the next town about an hour after it happened, it wasn't on the news till 11pm, yet by that time it was all over fb.

And I understand what you mean about keeping them off school, mine went to school yesterday then off to their dads, I won't see them till tonight and all I want to do is cwtch them.... X

If a predatory paedophile is after a child he will find one regardless of what time of day they are playing out or where they are.More needs to be done on keeping a check on the whereabouts of the paedophiles and we should all know if we have one in our midst.If I had my way they would have a tattoo on their foreheads despicable creatures.

If a predatory paedophile is after a child he will find one regardless of what time of day they are playing out or where they are.More needs to be done on keeping a check on the whereabouts of the paedophiles and we should all know if we have one in our midst.If I had my way they would have a tattoo on their foreheads despicable creatures.
Well said, the comments that have been left on the fb pages blaming the parents have been so nasty. At the end of the day as parents it's a 'job' that we learn while we're doing it, we all make errors of judgement and get things wrong, none of us are perfect, but unfortunately it takes something like this to make us all stop and think about how we parent.
If someone wants to abduct a child they will regardless of who the parents are... X

Well said, the comments that have been left on the fb pages blaming the parents have been so nasty. At the end of the day as parents it's a 'job' that we learn while we're doing it, we all make errors of judgement and get things wrong, none of us are perfect, but unfortunately it takes something like this to make us all stop and think about how we parent.
If someone wants to abduct a child they will regardless of who the parents are... X

But this is a major error on the parents part, and shouldn't have happened in the first place. Yes predators will attack anytime/anywhere, they do not have a preference for day/night, but the little girl should not have been out in the dark playing with friends at 5 years old! She wasn't playing outside the house either she was playing away from the house so the mother couldn't even see her. The police did not get called till 20 minutes after the girl was taken! What happened within these 20 minutes? Everyone can jump on the wagon and say oh don't blame the parents but if the girl was not alone outside then she wouldn't have been taken. We all now how scary the world Is so why let your 5 year old child play out at that time and when it's dark?

We all have different opinions on this matter and we are all entitled to it but I think it's out of order for people in news forums and fb pages to say the people that are stating this child should of been inside are wrong! The simple fact is this child should of been in bed asleep or getting ready for bed, ready for the next day at school.

We all have different ways to parent out children but the majority of he people I have spoke to said the same thing. X x

I do agree with you nails.

I see far too many young kids playing out when they should be indoors playing with their dolls.

Round here its not suprising to see 3 & 4 yr olds playing down the street alone, their still more or less baby's & should not be playing out.

I've a 9 year old sister who is allowed to the street corner & upto the bush lol if she goes passed those points she's dragged in & grounded.

My mum has only just in the summer holidays after Jamie turning 9 let her out to play. Yet Jamie has friends down the street who are 5 & 6 allowed to the park on their own (the park is 15 minutes away, across 3 busy roads)

I know every parent has there own ways & skills, I appreciate that no one brings kids up the same way, but a bit of common sense wouldnt go a miss - kids / 5yrs old / park / alone / across busy roads ??
:eek:

How can you expect a child be it 3 or 4 or even 5 to have any sort of sense??

A peadophile hands a kid a lolly or a toy & off they go no questions asked, & at that young age they don't know that's not what your supposed to do.

I really hope April is found safe & well, but I also hope this makes parents step back & think.. do you know what - NO your not playing out until your older, get in your bedroom & play with your toys.

I've edited to add - I'm not in anyway bad naming Aprils parents, & I think its harsh people writing nasty comments on a facebook page, no need for nasty comments whilst they are already going through hell!

My above post is about kids playing out in general.

Xx

Wether right or wrong there is a young girl missing who needs to be found! Quick!
Saying prays for her and her poor family xxxx

I do agree with you nails.

I see far too many young kids playing out when they should be indoors playing with their dolls.

Round here its not suprising to see 3 & 4 yr olds playing down the street alone, their still more or less baby's & should not be playing out.

I've a 9 year old sister who is allowed to the street corner & upto the bush lol if she goes passed those points she's dragged in & grounded.

My mum has only just in the summer holidays after Jamie turning 9 let her out to play. Yet Jamie has friends down the street who are 5 & 6 allowed to the park on their own (the park is 15 minutes away, across 3 busy roads)

How can you expect a child be it 3 or 4 or even 5 to have any sort of sense??

A peadophile hands a kid a lolly or a toy & off they go no questions asked, & at that young age they don't know that's not what your supposed to do.

I really hope April is found safe & well, but I also hope this makes parents step back & think.. do you know what NO your not playing out until your older, get in your bedroom & play with your toys.

I've edited to add - I'm not in anyway bad naming Aprils parents.

I'm talking about kids playing out in general.

Xx

In my area it's bad, children age 3-4 playing in the road, bare in mind the idiots that speed down out road. My bf nearly hit a little boy last year when his parents just let him play in the street and we got out and went mad at them. I was furious. Some people just don't care!

In no way am I bad mouthing Aprils parents and like I said we all make mistakes and they must be going through hell and I'm sure as anything if they ever knew that would happen she would be under lock and key!

Also if it wasn't April who was taken, it could of been another child who she was playing out with. The person who took her was out deliberately to snatch a child and had the perfect opportunity to do so.

She needs to be found ASAP and I hope she is safe. I'm scared for the little girl and I hope to god the man they have got under arrest if he did take her, I hope she is somewhere where the police can find her and be reunited with her parents. Her parents must of been very trusting of where they live as maybe it's not like in the city where there is always trouble and that is why she was probably allowed out to play.

She needs to be found regardless what has happened and yes I would say we are very quick to judge a situation but we are all human. Praying she is found soon!!

I think it may have a positive impact on other parents and get them thinking about their children a bit more. My children are not leaving the house alone till they are at least 30 lol

The original poster posted to hightlight that this child has gone missing just as has been posted on FB, Twitter etc... I am sure we all pray and hope that this little girl will be found safe and well and returned to her family soonest.

However, I don't think it helps at all to be commenting on how the parents should have been more vigilant etc... This is not what this thread is about.

Please lets just keep the focus on her being found safely.

i think the only treatment for paedophiles is to have them put down like the disgusting animals they are.

With all due respect, most of the people saying she was wrong to be out seem to be from large towns or citys. I believe April is from a small village?

Village life is very different. I live in a village and my 5 year old goes out to play on the street with her friends (granted no later than 6:30 on a school night and must be in before it is dark). We live on a culdesac and I trust her to stay at our end of it (and if we find out any different she gets a good telling off and brought in). How do you know her mum/dad wasnt watching out the window and just happened to go to the bathroom or to check food in the kitchen, hang up laundry etc etc. Unless you have been in the same situation as Aprils parents (which none of us have as we all live in different places with different circumstances) then do not chose to judge them. They do not need to be judged and are no doubt giving themselves a harder time than anyone else ever could right now.

With all due respect, most of the people saying she was wrong to be out seem to be from large towns or citys. I believe April is from a small village?

Village life is very different. I live in a village and my 5 year old goes out to play on the street with her friends (granted no later than 6:30 on a school night and must be in before it is dark). We live on a culdesac and I trust her to stay at our end of it (and if we find out any different she gets a good telling off and brought in). How do you know her mum/dad wasnt watching out the window and just happened to go to the bathroom or to check food in the kitchen, hang up laundry etc etc. Unless you have been in the same situation as Aprils parents (which none of us have as we all live in different places with different circumstances) then do not chose to judge them. They do not need to be judged and are no doubt giving themselves a harder time than anyone else ever could right now.

I've lived in a village, in rural wales and I would still not let them "out of sight"

Village life is no more safe than city life. Predators are not confined to cities!

So whilst I feel for this mother, I can't imagine what she's going through. But this child should not be allowed out unsupervised alone. If she was being fully supervised she would not have been taken. And yes I'm sure her mother is torturing herself. We all make mistakes. But when people say you can't watch them 24/7 they are right BUT you can protect them if they are not outside.

I'm sorry but I agree with the above poster. I live in a tiny village and two kids were told to get in the back of a van with a man thankfully they ran away and that was broad daylight!
I don't particularly like giving out parenting advice but for ME kids out at dark=no and while we r on the subject, leaving kids alone asleep in a house (or whatever) =no.
Sorry if my post offends anyone xx
Sent from my GT-S5363 using Tapatalk 2

Can we please allow this thread to remain about a missing child being safely returned to her parents and not about who is wrong for letting her out of their sight.

Hope fully she will be found safe and the perpetrators who took her will be dealt with appropriately.

Please, let's stay on topic which is the abduction of a 5 year old girl. In this thread, let's keep our parenting opinions to ourselves.

I surely don't want to have to close this thread.

Thank you for understanding! :)

Latest posts

Back