A client buying off sweet squared

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeepPaws

Reaction score
I had a client in today and when I asked her if she was ok for oil, she told me yes, she bought it off the site. She then proceeded to tell me of all the deals etc.

Is this possible? I thought we could only buy if we could prove we had trained with Creative.

It concerns me if she has managed to do this because I will loose ( and did loose) sales.

Anyone know? xxxxx

I have just booked a manicure course with sweet squared, got the number of the website. I have looked at all the products on the sight but can not buy anything. You must be regesterd with them (by showing them certificates of your training) before you can buy from there sight.

Do you know whether your client has a background of beauty at all?

You don't have to be CND trained to buy from them but you do have to be trained and have the certificates to prove so.

I just wondered whether she could be one of the many people who go to college for beauty therapy but never took it up therefore has the certificates to buy at trade prices.

That or she has a friend who has an account that she uses?

Nope,, she hasn't trained in beauty. I will ask her more about it when shes back in.
I didnt think you could buy off them without proof of training..........I will investigate some more here!!

just put cnd solar oil in google, you can buy it from amazon, sold by beauty4u

They were really strict when I registered. I cant see them letting this happen. Maybe she got it from flea bay or some where and is winding you up. x

They were really strict when I registered. I cant see them letting this happen. Maybe she got it from flea bay or some where and is winding you up. x

LOL That cracks me up! I'd never heard that term before.

You don't have to be professionally trained to be able to buy Solar Oil, it's a retail product and if someone wants to go direct to the distributor to buy it then they can, however, they will only be able to buy it at retail price not at professional price.

You only have to be trained by CND to buy L+P and Gel products to the best of my knowledge, although it's always wise to double check, but I'm sure that's right.

:hug:

Last edited:
You can buy all kinds of CND items with out it. Just not the gel and L&P stuff. :irked:

I thought that you had to be creative trained to use there L&P or gels,,,, That was why I had to do the L&P induction course so I could buy there products. As for solar oil, nail polishes you can buy these even if your not creative trained,,, but again you would need to show that your beauty trained.
Would she have had someone else to buy it??????? or maybe she was just trying to get a discount?????

I thought that you had to be creative trained to use there L&P or gels,,,, That was why I had to do the L&P induction course so I could buy there products. As for solar oil, nail polishes you can buy these even if your not creative trained,,, but again you would need to show that your beauty trained.
Would she have had someone else to buy it??????? or maybe she was just trying to get a discount?????
Sorry, I didn't word my reply right :o Yes, you do have to be trained by CND to buy their L+P and gel...
I've corrected the info from my last post :wink2:

If (for instance) a customer wants to order some enamels or Solar Oil they can buy them direct, but at retail price not trade price. You don't need to be trained to use either as they're retail products.

PeepPaws - please PM me with a name. She either bought it RETAIL at full retail price (and we really only do this if it is a magazine recommendation - we try to send the consumer customers to salons near them). Or she has an account and she could only have this IF she was trained and had proved it with a certificate. Anyone in the beauty industry can register with us with proof of certification but as a few have said - if they are beauty only, NVQ II- they cant buy the pro L+P or Gel. They can buy secondary products like S/O, C&E, Scentsations, treatments etc.

Hope this helps but give me a name if you can and I can check immediately if they are on our system and why!! :!::idea:

I found some CND items on here Head2Toe Beauty Electric File Drill Bits But NO L&P and NO gel! Thank god! lol just creams and scrubs etc. But you are right it does take away from our sales :irked:

I would be surprised. I found them strict.
They are an extremely well known company in the industry, but quite unknown to the public, as they don't push their retail side, or advertise that way.
She either stumbled upon it or is winding you up.

I would be surprised. I found them strict.
They are an extremely well known company in the industry, but quite unknown to the public, as they don't push their retail side, or advertise that way.
She either stumbled upon it or is winding you up.
I had NO idea there were different kinds of acrylic till I started to learn. No my mind is spinning with all that I am learning. :eek:

In my experience, S2 have always been excellent at promoting the retail services of technicians to customers. It would be quite easy for them to take the money and keep schtum but I have had clients who have tried to buy polish, scrubs and creams from S2 and they have referred them back to me to maximise my earinings. So I would be very suprised if they did retail to her.
David

Just do as Samantha has asked, if your client is getting products from S2 and she shouldnt be then it needs stopping really. We have to protect the industry otherwise whats the point in investing all that money in our training. Thats what they are there for at S2 to help prevent this sort of thing happening.

anne xx

Aw I've been trying for ages to be a customer of Sweet Squared n I did send them my Certificates from E/Nails & was told that would be enough but in the end they never accepted me:cry: Never mind its summit to look forward to if i do ever get the chance to study with CND x

Latest posts

Back