A spray tan that lasts for 4 weeks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tranqbeauty

Reaction score
Hi all I did a spray tan on a client last Monday, she now phoned me today because she wants another one because it hasn't lasted!!!! She said her last tan she had lasted 4 weeks and when I asked her which one it was she didn't know, I did 8 tans last week and I don't get any complaints,so is there a tan that lasts 4 weeks????

in a word... NO!!

Sounds like a chancer to me! Our skin replenishes itself every few days. The longest my tan has ever lasted was 2 weeks and it was absolute MANK by day 10.

Unless this woman doesn't shower, and has incredibly 'slow' skin, I'm pretty sure this is impossible!

xx

This lady mustn't shower at all!
If it lasted that long and she was happy why didn't she got back there think of it that way.i wouldn't spray her again

Xx

One of the first tans I did was on a friend of mine. I used tantruth so wasn't anything expensive and she said it was the best tan she'd ever had. She rang me recently and asked if I could get the same stuff back in and do her another tan as it had lasted 3 and a half weeks so wanted to use it again!
I think in all honesty, it's down to how well the client looks after it (pre/post tan) and also what their lifestyle is at the time. I'm pretty sure if I did her another tan with the same solution it wouldn't last as long!
Obviously the more often they have a spray tan the better the skin takes it which makes it last longer, combine this with after care there's not much more u can do. Obviously there are products she can used which will keep the tan longer/build the colour ect but there's no miracle tan.
Hope this helped in some way!!
Xx

Thanks guys I thought it was me that had missed out on something new, I have spoke to her and she said she washed her hands and face and that was it!!!! I have told her I won't respray her and that I will just give her the money back, I don't want clients like that, I appreciate all your advice working for yourself it's nice to get help and advice from fellow therapists x x

I would agree and cant see that anyone can have a tan for that length of time. Depending on the formulation and you can achieve slightly longer lasting tans but 4 weeks is impossible due to the skin regeneration.
Dont let that knock you and just tell her that any tan can last as long as the skin but 4 weeks? not.....
she might just be testing you and if you get back to her with a reality check she might accept it and rebook or she might go to the next therapist to chance her?

Why are you giving her her money back? x

Houseofhana is right, if you have done the treatment she paid for and there is nothing wrong with the tan, why refund her?
I wouldnt advise to refund clients as you are just opening yourself up to a lot of bad publicity and the chance that more people get a tan and expect a refund after 2 weeks!!

If you feel you have done something wrong by all means offer her a respray but dont give her a refund, that just causes more problems for you!

Why would you refund her? She got a week out of her tan, the same as anyone else would. I think she was just trying it on. By all means refuse to spray her again but I can't see a good reason for a refund.

If your going to refund this lady you may aswell write a note on your website to say if your tan doesn't last 28 days please call me & I'll give you your money back.

If your doing it for one client why not them all?

She's either really minging & baths once a fortnight lol or she is just extremely lucky to get a long time out of a tan. That's not your fault that it hasn't lasted as long this time, she may of bathed a little more this time round? who knows..

DONT REFUND whatever you do x

Thanks guys I thought it was me that had missed out on something new, I have spoke to her and she said she washed her hands and face and that was it!!!! I have told her I won't respray her and that I will just give her the money back, I don't want clients like that, I appreciate all your advice working for yourself it's nice to get help and advice from fellow therapists x x

This client is clearly fobbing you off for exactly what you are now considering ...to refund her so effectively she gets a free tan...wonder if she goes around doing this to all the spray tanners in your area :wink2:

Washing or no washing,young or old,as much post care as you like but given that the skin effectively replenishes itself way before 4 weeks it simply is not possible for a spray tan that is applied to the skin that will last effectively as a full body coverage for four weeks.

She really is playing into your hands and to give her a refund does just that

HTH and good luck with this :hug:

You only have her word for it that the tan lasted 4 weeks. Why has she not gone back there for another tan or has she forgotten where she had it as well?

No refund, not on your Nelly!:D

Hi guys I have left a refund for her with reception as I have found out she goes from salon to salon doing the same thing and she keeps getting resprays for free and she has also been banned from the local college!!!! So I gave her the refund, now she will not return to me for anything I hope, she has not stopped phoning me for a free spray tan and to be honest I am getting really fed up with her!!! But I know her number and fingers crossed I will just ignore her thanks for all your help, I hope she gets the message x

Hi guys I have left a refund for her with reception as I have found out she goes from salon to salon doing the same thing and she keeps getting resprays for free and she has also been banned from the local college!!!! So I gave her the refund, now she will not return to me for anything I hope, she has not stopped phoning me for a free spray tan and to be honest I am getting really fed up with her!!! But I know her number and fingers crossed I will just ignore her thanks for all your help, I hope she gets the message x

You should not of given her a refund, especially as she has a history of doing it. Tell her if she keeps calling then you will issue a complaint with the police for harassment. X

I agree now, I think I have learnt a valuable lesson here, I think I was in to much of a hurry to give her a refund and just get rid of her.

I agree now, I think I have learnt a valuable lesson here, I think I was in to much of a hurry to give her a refund and just get rid of her.

Think we all have people like that. Don't beat yourself up about it though. Its all a learning curve :) x

Latest posts

Back