Acetone Spilt on Clients Table

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corinnelouise

Reaction score
Dear all - oh god, I have just got back from clients house and feel sick. I was removing her nails in acetone safe bowl, soaked up excess acetone with tissue, placed tissue on towel whilst I got bag to put acetone tissue in to safely dispose of and..... the towel soaked up acetone and it went straight through onto clients table. Its removed a patch of varnish/polish off table. She is a solicitor!!! Oh god. Anyway, I have insurance (obviously) but feel like crying. She was really nice and understanding, but still. OH GOD!!

Anyway, does anyone know of what I can buy or where I can buy an acetone proof mat to use under towel whilst working as a mobile nail tech please?

Please help I am gutted.
Yours hysterically and very stupid
Corinne

I'd use a metal tray...

Could you not use the tin foil and cotton pads method instead....no liquid to dispose of that way.

Sorry to hear of your nightmare! Hope it turns out ok!

I have done the same as you flower.. but it was to my own dinning table. Still its very upsetting and I know where you are coming from.

Don't beat yourself up about it.. accidents happen, this is what your insurance is for so at least you know you have that in place and this can be rectified.

I use manicure mats from Ellisons .. they have a waterproof backing and are about 12 x 18 in size. I think CND used to do something similar too, and if I remember correctly they used to be Graham Manicure Mats. They are a bit of a luxury but cheaper than getting a table re varnished!!

Here's a hug for you :hug::hug:

Hiya ...

I wouldn't work on a clients table...for this very reason. I would take my own or if I didn't have one I would use their ironing board...(cheeper to replace)

I have used clients tables in the past....and always thought I had protected it enough but you just cant foresee something like this so i stopped.

Don't worry...She sounds like she is cool about it. x

With all such disasters I take the view it's either a good pub story or it's terminal. It's clearly not the latter, and you'd be surprised what a decent french polisher can do. This is the very reason we have insurance. Fret not, send your client some flowers and sort out the insurance presto pronto.
You'll live to rebalance another day; here's a hug and a tissue, darling girl. All will be well.

Oh dear, poor you :hug:

I no longer use clients tables either, nightmare if all they have is coffee table or as in your case a dining table, I always found it hard sitting at an angle too.

I bought a wee folding table from Morrisons and it cost me £4.99, fits in fab in the boot of my car, and there is plenty room to work on. :hug:

I just use a waterproof sheet that you put on a kids bed,with a towel on top..it is obviously a new one and not a used one..lol..but that does the job.

Thanks so much for all replies and advice. I have calmed down a bit and boy'f thinks I am being hysterical. Mmmm its not his table is it though!!!

Anyway, I will look into the manicure mat suggestion and all others, thanks so much for being nice all of you. I am feeling less sick. And yes, its a great pub story and ironing board.... great idea, everyone has an ironing board how simple but effective wow.

I will definately send her some flowers
Cant tell you how much I appreciate your help.
Corinne
xxxx

Ikea do some great mats (kitchen department) if that help.

I also have my own table for this very reason. Or i just use a plastic backed sheet under my towel if the client wants me to use her table.

Deep breath, count to ten.... and relax.:hug:

Sorry to hear about your clients table but dont worry too much you will get it sorted.

I was practising tips today and have got glue marks on my breakfast bar and they wont come off, I am fizzing :mad:

HI
i have a mobile table but sometimes i use theres, i put a plastic tablecloth under my towels and use a plastic back table towel which i got from entity for extra saftey,
you never no what will happen so its best to be on the safe side,

hope you dont feel to bad and cheer up chick

Tracy x:)

Oh dear, poor you :hug:

I no longer use clients tables either, nightmare if all they have is coffee table or as in your case a dining table, I always found it hard sitting at an angle too.

I bought a wee folding table from Morrisons and it cost me £4.99, fits in fab in the boot of my car, and there is plenty room to work on. :hug:

Poor you, hope everything is okay now.
I picked up a great folding table from Dunelm mill, 7.99, looks nice (wooden) and really sturdy. light and folds very flat.
good luck

what about a cotton baby bed sheet, you know the ones for protecting the mattress from bed wetting? they look okay and wash really well.
Glad you have calmed down. I too would dwell, I'm terrible for going over and over stuff in my mind!

I've done this too, knocked over my nv remover (it went straight through the towel of course) . . . it was a little collapsible table of hers that she said she only used when I went round but I still felt awful. :o

I bought a nail table to take with me . . . it also has a rim around the edge to keep any spillages on the table and away from the floor.

Have a :hug: and don't worry too much.

Latest posts

Back