Advice on Salon System 6day Nail Course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kymmuk

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I'm looking to start a nail course through Salon Services called
Salon System - Nail Technician 6 day Course for £350 plus Vat.

This course covers Fibreglass/silk, UV gel and Acrylic nails, everything i'm wanting really. I would just appreciate information and advice on the course even better if someone has already done this course or one similar.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to nails but want to learn. Iv got my NVQ 2 and 3 in beauty from college but never went any further with Nail but finding them high demand at the minute.

I also have to buy my own kit as this is not included in the price but still find this a lot cheaper than other courses i have looked into.

The course is 5days then you complete a 6th day in 8weeks obviously to get practice in before assessments.

Thanks very much kim x

Hi Geeks

I'm looking to start a nail course through Salon Services called
Salon System - Nail Technician 6 day Course for £350 plus Vat.

This course covers Fibreglass/silk, UV gel and Acrylic nails, everything i'm wanting really. I would just appreciate information and advice on the course even better if someone has already done this course or one similar.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to nails but want to learn. Iv got my NVQ 2 and 3 in beauty from college but never went any further with Nail but finding them high demand at the minute.

I also have to buy my own kit as this is not included in the price but still find this a lot cheaper than other courses i have looked into.

The course is 5days then you complete a 6th day in 8weeks obviously to get practice in before assessments.

Thanks very much kim x

IMO that's way too much to learn in 6 days, also when you add the cost of the kit it will not work our cheaper than better courses.

My advice? Go to CND, do the 5 day Foundation in L+P, practice (lots), then add other systems when you have mastered one. If you try and learn 3 systems in 6 days you will end up confused and not very good at any of them.

Hth's

The only problem is the cost its £850 plus vat for CND then for Salon Serve its £350 plus vat and kit adds up to £150 if that.
Its all about cost and CND dont offer any kind of payment plan so i just dont have that kind of money gutted but what can i do??:sad:

Thanks for your reply! x

The only problem is the cost its £850 plus vat for CND then for Salon Serve its £350 plus vat and kit adds up to £150 if that.
Its all about cost and CND dont offer any kind of payment plan so i just dont have that kind of money gutted but what can i do??:sad:

Thanks for your reply! x

But by the time you've spent the £560 on the Salon Serve course then done some 1:1 training to resolve other issues and decided that their products aren't that good and you need a kit from another company (and you can't buy CND without doing CND training) you might as well have gone to CND in the first place.

If you do this course you will need further training and you will decide that your money would have been better invested elsewhere...... Maybe you need to save the extra money before you embark on your training?

I know I sound negative but if you do a search on here about training you will see just how many people feel they wasted money on their original course because they either didn't research it enough or decided to go with the cheap option.....

fraid im going to agree with what vetty said.

that course does sound like such a bargain, but there is no way that you will be able to learn how to do 3 systems in 5 days. its completely unrealistic and misleading.

add to that , the fact that you will not be using top quality products and you dont have such a good deal after all. when you compare it to other training available it might seem cheaper but you are not comparing like with like.

hang on a few more weeks and get a little bit more money together and go with one of the quality brands for your training.

Thanks for your reply! x

Which CND course were you looking at? - I'm doing 5 day foundation + spa and it isn't costing me £850 + VAT!

Hi, I did this course and it was way too much to take in and learn, I had lots of problems with salon system products and ended up spending a fortune tryin different systems to get one I could work with, I only use l&p now, I wouldnt have a clue how to do fibreglass ones and altho I can do gel nails I tend to only use gel on toes, I really wished I had used the money to go with a more well known company like CND, Ezflow.....I was looking into going on a conversion course but not sure I am good enough to do a conversion and may have to do a full foundation course....so, In the long run it will end up costing you a lot more money....It sounds great learning all 3 systems for that amount of money but believe me Ive been there done it and I totally regret it now :sad: hth.x

I did the same course and wish I had saved my money and gone with a better company - I didn't like the products and they don't teach you anything apart from how to apply the products, hardly anything about anything else!!! Have been basically teaching myself since doing the course! Strongly advise against it hun!

Don't do it, I booked the manicure course with them, lucky for me i managed to cancel. I thought it was cheaper then going to the CND one, but by the time it was time to do the course and they had added all the cost of the course, kits, extras (the bit's you need that dont come in the kits and they dont tell you till a few days befor the start) and VAT it actualy turned out MORE:eek: than the CND course.
I would ask them about what is not in the kit, (probley all your manicure tools files etc) then add it all up add VAT and you will see how reasonable CND realy are.

Try young nails, they are slightly cheaper, less then £500 for the course and kit. I couldnt even imagine how hard it would be to learn all those systems in such short time.

I am so glad i found this page as i was considering coming from Greece to do a short course and learn gel,acylic etc in 5 days! Can someone with experience please tell me:

Should i go with CND?
If someone offers a CND course what does this mean exactly?They are working for CND or they are just using their products?What would make a good company?Is it the certificate they offer,what is involved in the course?
Finally,what would be your realistic time guideline for completing a course to learn about manicures,pedicures, gel and acrylic?

I know it is asking for alot but ideally i'd like to do a course as quick as possible.Money is not a problem so i'd be prepared to pay as long as i am getting a good deal.

Thanks everyone in advance.x

I'm not going to comment on the course in the original thread other than to say doing 3 systems all at once is not a good idea in any time scale!

What I will say though is that it is impossible to get a genuinely useful kit for 1 system for £150 (and by useful I mean enough of every product and tool to be able to practice with at least 10 sets of nails) let alone 3 systems!!!

I would question what the kit is as there will be many many more products needed to make the course work. Then I would listen to the advice given on here and do a bit of research

Ill put my twopence in, i think you'll end up paying twice. once for this course and then again for another.

Its such a lot to take in in just six days.

In this industry I really feel you get what you pay for, go for the best. If you are considering CND then CND it should be. you wont regret it i PROMISE!!!!

Have you tried to get some funding? ILA?

tigi

I done my cnd sig 5 foundatioun plus spa and never paid that much was alot less than that. I done contacted sweet squared and they had all the answers :) xx

i have done the 5 day part of the course with training solutions, they are fantastic and the trainer we had was brilliant and very experienced,and has completed the cnd course..her opinion was they are sales sales sales orientated and you must only use their products and you are the best if you do that course...you are what you are and you can do any course you like,some arent brilliant but this one was fine especially if you can take on everything your taught and appreciate it!! my trainer threw in soo many extras and great advice, learnt loads and have huge confidence in going far with what iv learnt..also they offer further training if you dont pick it up first time and this is totally free to do...once you pay for the course your under their care for as long as you need them. and have direct access to any help you need on the practice period...also i get a fantastic discount on my products now and they are so easy to get on with especially when your new to the whole thing. everyone should stop giving negative feedback on this course im fed up of hearing it...rant over!!!

i have done the 5 day part of the course with training solutions, they are fantastic and the trainer we had was brilliant and very experienced,and has completed the cnd course..her opinion was they are sales sales sales orientated and you must only use their products and you are the best if you do that course...you are what you are and you can do any course you like,some arent brilliant but this one was fine especially if you can take on everything your taught and appreciate it!! my trainer threw in soo many extras and great advice, learnt loads and have huge confidence in going far with what iv learnt..also they offer further training if you dont pick it up first time and this is totally free to do...once you pay for the course your under their care for as long as you need them. and have direct access to any help you need on the practice period...also i get a fantastic discount on my products now and they are so easy to get on with especially when your new to the whole thing. everyone should stop giving negative feedback on this course im fed up of hearing it...rant over!!!

i agree, ive just done this course, im in my training bit now and i think it was good.

i dont like salon systems products, but i only need to use them until the exam. ive learnt loads and my trainer is there with any questions i have.

In the manicure course alone I saw so much bad practice and bad practice being taught that there's no way i'd do the other 5 days with them. I know techs who have done courses with them who had the same kind of experience as me. This may, however, just be down to the trainer we had in our area. Much as if you go in to a shop here and get served by an idiot you might not get served by an idiot at the one 40 miles away.

Good luck with whatever course you decide to do :)

Lilypip.xxx

i think a lot depends on peoples expectation of the course.
its certainly not a criticism of the trainer or their skills or experience, more that it is over ambitious to teach or expect to learn 3 systems in the time available. some excellent teachers work for less well known education providers and do put their hearts into providing good education.

i would be very surprised if anyone who is actually making a living doing nails has done only this course.

Try and save the money and go CND route. I done an L&P foundation course. It was brill, learnt so much. The tutor was so patient and taught us everything from health and safety, nail structure, about L&P as well as applying.
I'm still having problems. It takes a long time and lots and lots of practise, to become good.
If you do the 5 day course learning lots of various techniques. You will end up regretting it, as there is so much to learn, which you wont in 5 days. hope this helps :)

If you look at the Sweet Squared website educations education section their course is nowhere near £850! If someone is offering you CND training for that price it is worth checking if they are authorised!

Have you looked at other companies for example Jessica?

Mat

Latest posts

Back