All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first go poppits, i did them as i thought i should. I did nothing to the poppit itself, just stuck on a white tip, poppit done. I HATED them! thought i would never get on with them no way doing on a client bla bla.

The other night however i thought they are just staring at me in thier box!there has to be some way!so i read Gigi's tutorial and got started.

Firstly i chucked the idea of white tips, i made my own in the poppit. I tailored the poppit so it fit better, used a drier ration and WOW

they look AMAZING!!i love them, no bubbling or crystalising, no lifting, i think this is due to me tailoring them.

The balance is perfect, and the feel so strong, think this is due to making my own white tip.

So if anyone else like me tries them then i would hugely reccomend readin Gigi's tutorial and try again, this difference is fantastic xxx

I agree that trimming them also makes a massive difference to the overall look of the finished Popit enhancement.

Going to try and do a glitter tip this week with the glitter applied to the tip before I apply it to my nail (thins Susie H has done her this way - thanks for the idea Susie) so will let you all know how it goes.

x x x

Hi

I love popits I think???.... but I am still having trouble with air bubbles its doing my head in, I've tried different methods and product ratios, I've searched this site for help and I am still banging my head against a brick wall, I have however contacted Sweet Squared for a conversion training course, as Creative isnt my main L&P, I trained years ago with Star Nails but I bought a Creative try me kit had a play on my own nails using popits and I love it.. apart from the bubbles lol

If anyone can offer me any advice I would really appreciate it.

Sue

Hi

I love popits I think???.... but I am still having trouble with air bubbles its doing my head in, I've tried different methods and product ratios, I've searched this site for help and I am still banging my head against a brick wall, I have however contacted Sweet Squared for a conversion training course, as Creative isnt my main L&P, I trained years ago with Star Nails but I bought a Creative try me kit had a play on my own nails using popits and I love it.. apart from the bubbles lol

If anyone can offer me any advice I would really appreciate it.

Sue

I had this problem to start off with. I wasnt placing the product more or less where it should be and was leaving it to squash in the right place, which was causing the bubbles. Now I use the brush to slightly place it better it so it doesnt need to move to much when it is placed on the nail if that makes sense. Watch the video clips again that are on here and that might help.

I am a qualified Nail Tech and have decided to buy some 2nd hand poppets off a friend who cant find the instructions and didnt manage to get them to work ! ! !
I have a basic idea of creating the nail in the form then popit onto the natural nail to set but mine are setting before I have popped it on to the natural nail!
Does anyone have a set of instructions that they could email to me ([email protected]) or let me know how to use them properly???

Thank you x x x

Instructions are right here on the site in the tutorial section.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/63349-popits-step-easy-step.html

Still experiencing trouble with seepage, at the eponychium. Don't know if it's because my gel is thinner than other's who are doing it with gel?

I wipe away the seepage with a clean brush that has nail cleanz (aka dehydrator) on it, but there must be some left behind because clients that didn't have lift before get lift with the poppits?

If I put little enough not to get seepage, I wind up with an air bubble.
If I put too much, I get seepage.
AAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKKKK:lol:

PRETTY PLEASE, someone who does this with gel, please post a video cause I'm going round the bend.
I'm getting a nice shape, but the seepage problem is making me bonkers.
Not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong.k

THANKS

Still experiencing trouble with seepage, at the eponychium. Don't know if it's because my gel is thinner than other's who are doing it with gel?

I wipe away the seepage with a clean brush that has nail cleanz (aka dehydrator) on it, but there must be some left behind because clients that didn't have lift before get lift with the poppits?

If I put little enough not to get seepage, I wind up with an air bubble.
If I put too much, I get seepage.
AAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKKKK:lol:

PRETTY PLEASE, someone who does this with gel, please post a video cause I'm going round the bend.
I'm getting a nice shape, but the seepage problem is making me bonkers.
Not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong.k

THANKS

Can it be the manner in which yOU ARE ACTUALLY applying the PopIt?

I make sure the PopIt is at at least a 45º angle to the nail (the back of the form being at the eponychium) so the gel naturally squeezes forward and never out at the eponychium. It just all goes forward! I keep my thumb at the eponychium NOT in the centre. My pressure is extremely light. While my thumb is at the eponychium it gives me plenty of room to apply the clip approx in the centre and then I cure. Sorry victoria i cannot do videos. I don't know how.

Can it be the manner in which yOU ARE ACTUALLY applying the PopIt?

I make sure the PopIt is at at least a 45º angle to the nail (the back of the form being at the eponychium) so the gel naturally squeezes forward and never out at the eponychium. It just all goes forward! I keep my thumb at the eponychium NOT in the centre. My pressure is extremely light. While my thumb is at the eponychium it gives me plenty of room to apply the clip approx in the centre and then I cure. Sorry victoria i cannot do videos. I don't know how.

BINGO!!
I've been doing the angle BUT there's my problem.
I've had my thumb in the middle and of course, there's moving and faffing about to get the clip on because my thumb was in the way
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: (so hence seepage from wriggling about)

I will put my thumb at the backend tonight, and see what happens.
:green:

Thanks Geeg!!!!!!!:hug:

Got mine today...
I'm in love! Done only two nails, but can se the possibilities in this. Luckily I got no bubbles ore anything, only thing is when doing the second nail, I was talking to my mum, and didn't actually pay attention to the poppit which made it seep a wee bit at the eponychium (was trying to explain something wawing my hand) but thats my own fault. ofcourse I did glittertips, looks lovely...
And thank you Gigi and Samanha and the lovely girls at S2 for helping me get these babies...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

My name's Angelina and its been so long since I've been on here so now I'm back and id just like to say that I had my refreshers day yesterday with Fiona Wallace from creative in Scotland, and it was fab good to see the girls again!! :) Anyway I was shown these new PopIts and how they work and I thought they were great. They looked so professional and it took no time at all. Yes it does take some practise to get use to but I had no problems when I tried it out for the first time.

I would recommend Creative training to everyone ... well worth the money and support you get.

Angie
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont ubderstand popits?/ how do they attatch to your nails, do you have to work fast so the whole thing is still wet? or do you use glue?? im so confused.... x

i dont ubderstand popits?/ how do they attatch to your nails, do you have to work fast so the whole thing is still wet? or do you use glue?? im so confused.... x

Well you are only confused because you have not read through this thread or watched the video here on the thread or read any of the tutorials here on the site with the step by step of how to do it. I suggest you do that first and then if you are still confused ... ask away. I do not think you will be.

hi got my dual system forms on thursday and done my pinkie with it its pink glitter acrylic and my nail was painted with red nail polish dont think it will last long like that but i like the effect .
thought i got away with no bubble but on closer inspection theres a tiny dint in it where some didnt go but cant notice it so its all good lol

100_0993.jpg
100_0994.jpg

ohhh I'm soo in love with the popits...u can do a lot of nail art with them...u will enjoy them....xx

Very Pretty I Love The Color You Did A Great Job
Hope You Enjoy Doing Them

when i tried popits i ended up with a fat free edge!!??!??!?!

When I first dod them I ended up with a free edge that was too thin!

I've learnt now that if you press the popit down too much too much of the product forces itself out of the free edge - making it too thin.
Same as if you don't press enough and not enough product forces its way out of the free edge area that area will remain too thick iykwim xx

when i tried popits i ended up with a fat free edge!!??!??!?!

Its called the learning curve ... read louisers post ... they don't HAVE to be that way obviously, so try aqain until you 'get it' :idea:.

Well don't be kicking them into any bed posts like you did before. Well done. x

Well don't be kicking them into any bed posts like you did before. Well done. x
:o Lol I definately WONT be doing that again...my toe is still sensitive !!!

They look a bit longer on the pic I do have toe sticking out over the nail (apart from on the middle one, which is a freakishly long nail bed lol)
I well and truly learned my lesson :lol:

Can I just say though personally I think Popits are a godsend for doing your own toenails, I normally put it off as my tummy gets in the way lol...
and I can't bear refining them with the file, even though its usually only a buff over..
It go's through me...

2 of them have turned out a little thicker than they should be,
But due to trimming most of the edges off and the product only going up to the 2nd number on the popit on most of them, they have turned out nice and thin no apex.
I do need to redo the one that I broke last year, as the nail is a little sensitive I didnt press down enough, so the product hasn't gone on properly

But still I am very pleased, and instead of it taking me mabey 2 hours ish (2 hours :eek:) to do my toenails, it probably only took me about half an hour

Latest posts

Back