All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know there is an official thread for popits, which i have just been reading through,but can't find a specific anwser to my prob, and apologes if there is.

The problem is i size them all up correctly, but then when i have put the acrylic in and placed it on the nail there are large gaps at the side walls, which i then have to fill in afterwards and im sure i am doing something wrong? help?

I really like this system and would like to be able to do it properly so any help would be greatly taken! :)

thanks geeks :lol:

i know there is an official thread for popits, which i have just been reading through,but can't find a specific anwser to my prob, and apologes if there is.

The problem is i size them all up correctly, but then when i have put the acrylic in and placed it on the nail there are large gaps at the side walls, which i then have to fill in afterwards and im sure i am doing something wrong? help?

I really like this system and would like to be able to do it properly so any help would be greatly taken! :)

thanks geeks :lol:

Any PopIts question can go in the PopIts official thread including this one hunny. :lol:

You may be sizing correctly for 'tips' but it may not be correct for PopIts.

Remember, that what looks like it fits the nail when the PopIt is empty does not fit when the PopIt is full if you think about it. Go a size up and try again and take into account that when the PopIt is full of product, the PopIt will no longer cover the whole nail as it does when empty. You may need to choose a size that is just a tad bigger .... does that make sense to you? Hope so. When you get more experienced you can put less product into the PopIt and maybe go back down a size. It is a balance between too much product and just enough.

Last edited:
I find that I can have picked the right size popit but when I fill it sometimes I used to press too hard meaning too much came out of the side walls making it look as if I have picked a popit that was too big.
I have also used the right size but not pressed enough so it leaves the nail looking as if I picked a popit that was too small!

It takes a bit of pratice picking the right size and knowing how much pressure to use but once you know its easy.

When you're happy you have the right set of sizes for you or your client make a note on their consultation card so you're all ready when you do a rebalance. HTH's xx

I find that I can have picked the right size popit but when I fill it sometimes I used to press too hard meaning too much came out of the side walls making it look as if I have picked a popit that was too big.
I have also used the right size but not pressed enough so it leaves the nail looking as if I picked a popit that was too small!

It takes a bit of pratice picking the right size and knowing how much pressure to use but once you know its easy.

When you're happy you have the right set of sizes for you or your client make a note on their consultation card so you're all ready when you do a rebalance. HTH's xx

It all goes to show that nothing is as easy as an expert makes it look but that with a bit of time patience and perseverence you will :idea::idea: Get It!!

I don't have much time for quitters and those who expect to be perfect after a few goes at anything and if they are not they 'rubbish' the product instead of themselves.

It is so obvious PopIts are a brilliant product when you see someone use them well.

If at first you do not succeed then try try again and then if you still don't succeed then TAKE A CLASS.

MY MOTTO IS tAKE A CLASS FIRST AND SAVE YOURSELF ALL THE TRIALS AND ERRORS. Obvious really ... to me anyway.

Last edited:
I've just read your Step by Step using Gel and Popits and I've seen a couple of demo's of them on uTube and like the other geeks (well most anyway) cant resist a try !! So i've popped my order through and cant wait to try.

I will be reading your guide many many times over me thinks!

Thank you so much

Hi I have just ordered my first set of popits. It was a pack of ten. Now I have just seen where they are available in a pack of 100. What I am wondering is how many I will need and what sort of size range they come in. I mean if they are only 1 - 10 is there any point in buying a pack of 100.
Cheers
Karen:green:

Hi I have just ordered my first set of popits. It was a pack of ten. Now I have just seen where they are available in a pack of 100. What I am wondering is how many I will need and what sort of size range they come in. I mean if they are only 1 - 10 is there any point in buying a pack of 100.
Cheers
Karen:green:

I buy boxes of 300. I do not reuse them. I treat them like tips and throw them away ...that way, I do not have to keep track of how many times I have used them, for after 3 uses the results are no longer shiney. I can't be bothered frankly. I make so much more doing a set of PopIts that the cost of them is well covered.

I have 3 boxes (obviously one brand new),and 2 empty ones, .... one labelled "2" and another one labelled "3"
When I have used them once, they go into box 2 (box 2 is my fave, because they already have the "lip" trimmed off them), when I have used them twice, they go into box 3 (after this they do loose the ultra gloss finish) , although if you don't want them really glossy, you can use them many many more times.

Last edited:
I have 3 boxes (obviously one brand new),and 2 empty ones, .... one labelled "2" and another one labelled "3"
When I have used them once, they go into box 2 (box 2 is my fave, because they already have the "lip" trimmed off them), when I have used them twice, they go into box 3 (after this they do loose the ultra gloss finish) , although if you don't want them really glossy, you can use them many many more times.

You are 'tight' Carl!! :lol::lol::lol:

I started to do this and then couldn't be bothered anymore. Then someone said to me that they liked to think that when paying for a service they were not getting other people's used goods ... I thought that was a fair comment. Then I thought can I be bothered to save and lable every clients' PopIts??? er ............ NO. So I just bin them.

You are 'tight' Carl!! :lol::lol::lol:

I started to do this and then couldn't be bothered anymore. Then someone said to me that they liked to think that when paying for a service they were not getting other people's used goods ... I thought that was a fair comment. Then I thought can I be bothered to save and lable every clients' PopIts??? er ............ NO. So I just bin them.

You get them cheaper than us "mere mortals" :lol:

And ..... in AUS, I have no distributor (and I don't use all that many), i'm still in the experimental stage and can do normal tips faster anyways.

Many will push the boundaries/limits and will learn from their experiments (no matter what they are told/taught).

Thanks for that Geeg and Nailzoo. How naive am I thinking ten would be enough? :lol: Ah well it will be a start to try them out anyways. I wasn't aware that they have only three uses each but it makes perfect sense. I don't know Carl if I could be as organised as you and sort them into their correct boxes after each use. I struggle to think of everything I have to think of now.
btw Carl I have just been watching some of your videos on your website. Your work is magnificent. Geeg and yourself are both great inspiration to us learners
Thanks
Karen

ive done a set of poppits on myself - and - yet again - they are popping off - i do all the prep correctly (im anal about prep) but they only been on a week and they peeling off - any ideas guys - please dont say "is your prep correct" as if anything - i prep too much

Mmmm...I don't use poppits but after reading on here could I suggest presure...??.

Mmmm...I don't use poppits but after reading on here could I suggest presure...??.

i do use pressure flower -and hold them on longer than suggested

:hug:

I would say pressure too babe, when we do conventional L&P we press the bead in zone 2 for great adhesion, so press babe for sucess xxxx

I would say pressure too babe, when we do conventional L&P we press the bead in zone 2 for great adhesion, so press babe for sucess xxxx

i do use pressure ruthy - thats why i cant understand it

What about the timing of placing the pop it???? Maybe if it is to set it wont adhere correctly???? Or Ratio????I am just stabbing in the dark here as I know you are a perfectionist when it comes to your nails babe xxx

What about the timing of placing the pop it???? Maybe if it is to set it wont adhere correctly???? Or Ratio????I am just stabbing in the dark here as I know you are a perfectionist when it comes to your nails babe xxx

dont know flower about that - but i AM doing them like geeg showed me, i dont use poppits often (only on myself, and this is only the second time) just cos i couldnt be bothered to do my nails the traditional way........... but i had the prep right and believe i had the ratio right - im stumped - i could understand it if ratio, prep etc was crap, but its not - im gutted too cos it now means i have to do my own nails AGAIN - which i hate - when i done these poppits ones, i took my time and was really "into" it

:hug:

can anyone tell me how to stop my popits looking fat at the end?? im really struggling, i tried not using as much products but surely you still need to fill the popit?? from the top the nails look great and ive had no problem with lifting or air bubbles, its just the fat free edge. sorry if this has already been covered, have tried reading all the posts but my brain got fried there are so many, if anyone could answer for me or send me a link it would be really appreciated. thankyou!!!

can anyone tell me how to stop my popits looking fat at the end?? im really struggling, i tried not using as much products but surely you still need to fill the popit?? from the top the nails look great and ive had no problem with lifting or air bubbles, its just the fat free edge. sorry if this has already been covered, have tried reading all the posts but my brain got fried there are so many, if anyone could answer for me or send me a link it would be really appreciated. thankyou!!!

Well it is the simplest thing in the world to do.

Place the PopIt however you are doing it (sounds like you have that bit right) and while you keep the pressure on the eponychium end of the PopIt with your left thumb, take your right hand and holding the end of the PopIt with your thumb and index finger, guide/pull the end down to thin out the product at the end. Do you get it??

Latest posts

Back