All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are trying to use PopIts for a purpose for which they are not designed.

They are designed for the quick service that looks wonderful and which can be rebalanced easily with one colour. Once you start trying to do things for which they were not designed then you make the job difficult and time consuming and that is not the point of PopIts.

I would rebalance your nails in the normal way and use your PopIts for the purpose for which they were made.

thank you geeg i will do the rebalance in the normal way but will def use the popits for a quick new sets....I'm very pleased with them....xx

Hi all

Please could you give me some advice.

I am finding if I am using the popits to extend a persons nails, that after afew days/week, the new extended free edge sometimes breaks off. It just happened to me now asell.

I am a client tomorrow morning for popits but now i am nervous.

pls help

also, when would you use tips and poppits as opposed to just using popits to extend?

Maybe the product was too thin.....did you do it over tips or just extending via the poppit?

Maybe the product was too thin.....did you do it over tips or just extending via the poppit?

Hi there

product was not thin, no tips were used just extended using popit

I have had this happen to me on my right thumb.:irked: My thumb nails have a pronounced c curve and a slight hook so the popit doesnt fit my shape nail very well, this can cause a weaker spot at the free edge. To solve this I have sculpted the free edge on first then put popit over that. Hope this helps you tomorrow.

Julie

when doing a one colour application and extending the nail, do I need to create the extended section first and allow to dry ( like doing a french ) then when that is dry proceed in same colour for the nail bed and bond??

when doing a one colour application and extending the nail, do I need to create the extended section first and allow to dry ( like doing a french ) then when that is dry proceed in same colour for the nail bed and bond??

I just do it all in one go but if you are extending the nail in a one colour sculpted nail then you MUST NOT press down to hard at the free edge, or end of the natural nail, or you WILL create a weak spot. The Popit must be the right thickness at the point where the natural nail ends.

I just do it all in one go but if you are extending the nail in a one colour sculpted nail then you MUST NOT press down to hard at the free edge, or end of the natural nail, or you WILL create a weak spot. The Popit must be the right thickness at the point where the natural nail ends.

thank you for the help. so am I correct in saying..

* If doing one colour application in sculpture form, there is no need to wait for the free edge to dry before proceeding and it is ok for the free edge portion to be moist?

* If doing a french look then sculpt the smile line then must I wat for the white to be totally dry first?

* when would you use tips followed by popits as opposed to just sculpting with the popits?

thank you for the help. so am I correct in saying..

* If doing one colour application in sculpture form, there is no need to wait for the free edge to dry before proceeding and it is ok for the free edge portion to be moist? YES

* If doing a french look then sculpt the smile line then must I wat for the white to be totally dry first? No. It does not need to be totally dry .. just one or two minutes. I always do two sculpts in the form then go back to the first one I did and then apply the nail bed colour. If the tip is too dry it may pop out of the form when you apply the PopIt if too moist, you will distort your smile line when you apply the PopIt.

* when would you use tips followed by popits as opposed to just sculpting with the popits?

Frankly I nearly always use tips with PopIts. It is quicker by far .. and I only use PopIts for QUICK sets when the client wants that service.

Frankly I nearly always use tips with PopIts. It is quicker by far .. and I only use PopIts for QUICK sets when the client wants that service.

do you know if ther is a video online showing a quick set?

Geeg, when you say you use tips with popits - is it usually with white tips? Or performance non blending tips?

Geeg, when you say you use tips with popits - is it usually with white tips? Or performance non blending tips?

I have seen her use both as they are both none blending anyway.

A quick vid featuring both, a normal fill including a Dual Form "Popit" Overlay
Nail Zoo Video Page

I so want a broken French nail to come into the salon,
if I don't get one soon, I'm gonna have to slip with a file ,
or accidentally bite one off someone:)

CARL YOUR VIDS ARE FABULOUS! xxoo

I did some with well less tips and I have to say - I was delighted with them.

I am 95% happy with them.

Have you attempted a french sculpt yet?

I hadn't saw your infill vid but pleased I have and enjoyed it.

How long would you say its taking you for a full set? And as your declaring war on the nss - do you think your now fully armed and dangerous? LOL

thanks again

xxx

is there going to be an more demos on the popits as i would love to go to one, watch nail zoos videos and the nails look really good
well done carl
tracy x
s at an
You only need to ask for a demo of PopIts from any CND distributor in the UK or Eire.

If you saw a video of someone (perhaps yourself) in hipster jeans bending over and showing their thong and lovehandles, you may think twice the next time you bend over, you may even learn something from this bad experience.
Well it's BLOOPERS TIME.
Here's a video of me fumbling my way through some Popit sculptures.
it made me laugh, hopefully you may learn from my mistakes instead of making them yourself.
I guess I have no shame:eek:
When I get it right i'll put it on my site, until then it's in the shame files.
It's quite a long video and will take a while to load, because there's quite a few mistakes :lol:
Bloopers

That was great.

Every mistake you made - I made too. Its fun learning though.

The french sculpt is really tricky - and these are what I ploughed straight into - I got so frustrated.

Sticking to tips for the time being - till I can get it just right.

Your last 1 was the best - shame we couldn't get to see the finished article - but it def looked good.

Paula
xxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back