All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Susan says, but just to add a bit more information that may help as well:

Prepare the nail to be rebalanced and thin down the zone one area where you want to re-whiten, as much as you can.

Prepare the rest of the nail as usual making sure you remove the bulk from the middle apex of the PopIt nail. Sanitise and Then add your new white smile line and zone one (nice and thin).

Fill the PopIt with the single colour of your choice and apply over the whole nail making sure to apply enough pressure to the tip area so that it is nice and thin.

Remove the PopIt when set and Voilà! Rebalanced nail as good as new and no extra buffing or finishing.

Speaking from the perspective of someone who's only qualification within this sector is biting them I do have to say I saw a demo of these.....what a fantastic idea and the originator really does need a big pat on the back...superb.

It just goes to show that products, applications and the like are simply getting better and better as time goes on and that certain manufacturers are always willing to take the risk and try something new and different..

I was astounded at the reaction from the nail tec's that were watching the demo...the company doing the demo sold out of product in the first hour or so.

The intresting thing was that the tec's were all going off with a renewd spring in their step to "learn" how to apply them properly and master the skill..

Their excitement was most encouraging and just goes to show that no matter how old we are or experianced within specific disciplins that there is always a time when we have to re learn or adapt our skills to keep up with ever changing demands placed upon us. :hug:

:cry::cry:Hi everyone ,I have been using popits now for about two months i do like them as they have improved my method and service to my clients.

It takes me half the time to do a full set but i do know and have experienced all the things you are talking about i experienced bubbling and too wet ratio resulting in burning and oozing out of the sides but am managing now to get that better now. but i am still having problems with tiny little air pockets but realized now you have to push the product into the form , i dont know what i would do without popits now all my clients love them and are pleased with the short time it takes to do a full set . jo

Great to hear that you are doing so well with PopIts. It can be done and be done easily once you 'get it'.

The key is to relax and enjoy using them instead of going into panic mode and applying to the nail too quickly. Resting the bead and letting it settle out is the absolute key to success if you don't want any bubbles in the finished nails.

Great news to hear that Marian Newman Nails is using them with great success in the Charles Worthington salons in London! The lovely David (Jaydee) is popping all over the place and is delighted with his results.

Hundreds now are loving them and using them and most important of all the clients are loving that 30 minute service.

It's like anything else. The good ones who persevere and take ownership of them will thrive with them ... those that give up too soon and blame the PopIts themselves for any problems they have will loose out. Not everyone is willing to persevere and many give up easily ... I do urge you not to be one of those. xx

What the heck are '' popit nails'' nails?

If you type PopIts into the search facility on this site you will find page after page of information regarding PopIts. :)

just wondered how many of you out there are using the popit system over tips? i have only ever done them as a sculpt and thought that using them over a tip kind of defies the whole point of them being quick? surely a tip isnt needed?!?!?

If you're using well less tips (ie Performance tips) then the time for applying them is minimal, it makes no difference whether you use tips or not, the end result is what matters, if you're producing beautiful enhancements and your clients are happy then you are happy, yes? :hug:

i tried popits over white tips and they looked fantastic!

I only use tips with them. I did one nail as a sculpt once, and I didnt like that the underside of it wasnt quite smooth enough.

I only use tips with them. I did one nail as a sculpt once, and I didnt like that the underside of it wasnt quite smooth enough.
Same here but I love the result with tips
I use natural tips on me with sheer pink
and White tips for Kay again with sheer pink, they look fab and with well less tips its dead quick

Using a one colour overlay over tips is the fastest and prettiest service you can do using PopIts. It is precisely where you will make your money using PopIts.

Takes me about 10 minutes to get on 10 CND Performance tips ready to go.

Hi, I hadn't seen popits being applied until today, when a friend showed me. She is using them on clients, doesn't use a tip and they look wonderful. I was very, very impressed. :)

I can't comment, though, on what they'd look like 'With' a tip. I stand corrected, but if they can look that good without one and they wear well, why increase your time and expenditure by applying them? Does the use of a tip have any particular advantages? I would have thought they might possibly make them more durable/neaten the sides, but she does really well without them.

Anyway, I'm off to order some .....

:)

Hi, I hadn't seen popits being applied until today, when a friend showed me. She is using them on clients, doesn't use a tip and they look wonderful. I was very, very impressed. :)

I can't comment, though, on what they'd look like 'With' a tip. I stand corrected, but if they can look that good without one and they wear well, why increase your time and expenditure by applying them? Does the use of a tip have any particular advantages? I would have thought they might possibly make them more durable/neaten the sides, but she does really well without them.

Anyway, I'm off to order some .....

:)

PopIt made nails look beautiful when used in many different ways. If she is getting on fine in the way she is doing then GREAT !! They are durable and long lasting in all forms.. tips ... sculpts ... Custom blend .. nail art .. etc. One serviceis not more durable or long lasting than another.

I should add that she demonstrated a French to me and let the white set first, before applying the pink and popping them on. The underside was very smooth and once the sides/edges were filed a bit, they were finished. :)

Simply apply your popit, hold it in place and turn your clients hand over then smooth out the underside.
David

I'm probably goig to ask a very silly question here but its something i've thouht of so hopefully i'm not the only one?

I amd very new to nails, qualifying only this friday in L&P but i saw a demo of popits and loved them, obviously cotinuing with L&P untill fully confident before trying something new.

however...

When i'm using pink & white l&P i try my up most hardest not to get any pink over on the white so not to look murky.

No with the popit, i will be taking the pink completly over the white? Wont this make the tip very dull?

Am i just really confused and missing something?!

sorry to ask the silly question.

Love Stephanie x x

If you are putting your white powder in the popit and not using a tip then the pink will be "under the white" not on top as the white needs to be set before you apply the pink and the pink is then under the white for it to adhere to the nail.

If you are using a white tip, as I have done. The pink I use (creative perfect pink) is transparent and does not affect the colour of the white. Most pinks are quite transparent, unless it is a pink designed to mask imperfections which tend to be more opaque.

If in doubt just use clear powder, this looks great too. :)

Been thinking has anybody tried filling each poppit first let it set, then apply L&P very thin to natural nail so basically same method as the gel but with L&P.

I keep getting the thick free edge and if i wipe underneath i then wipe too much, its driving me mad but determined to master it.

Been thinking has anybody tried filling each poppit first let it set, then apply L&P very thin to natural nail so basically same method as the gel but with L&P.

I keep getting the thick free edge and if i wipe underneath i then wipe too much, its driving me mad but determined to master it.

I would not use the PopIts in the way you describe ... and there is no need to.

This is so easily solved. I'm assuming you are using tips.

Right .... when you lower the PopIt onto the surface of the nail and while you still have your thumb over the body of the nail ... just take your index finger and push the end of the PopIt down almost onto the free edge. No more thick free edges. such a simple technique and the end result is perfect. then remove any excess or let harden and clip off any excess (that is what I do).

If you are sculpting in one colour then instead of wiping, try pressing the product out. If you know y ou are wiping too much then wipe it less!!

Just to say,
I decided to do some popit nails on myself today I got everything out,
and then remembered reading about trimming the skirt to prevent the "ledge" at zone 3,
I had forgotten the exact way to do it, But did my best and had a go anyway,
I LOVE THEM lol,

If you haven't already had a go of trimming the skirt I recommend you get them out and have a go...they look beautiful and totally flush to the nail plate.

I did them with natural tips and a sheer pink overlay today,

I am going to promote them over the next two weeks and get as many peeps in as possible to get myself into a routine with them,

I so far have only had 1 client who was "not keen" on them..she loved the shine and the shape, it was just the ledge...
Well that problem is solved for her now yayyyy

Thankyou Gigi xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back