All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to be getting a ledge at the sidewalls,this isn't seepage,it's inside after removal of the poppit iykwim,am i using a size too small ?

Thanks x

I seem to be getting a ledge at the sidewalls,this isn't seepage,it's inside after removal of the poppit iykwim,am i using a size too small ?

Thanks x

It sounds like it, yes. It is not the end of the world. You can always just buff it out. No need to start again.

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but do you have to be trained with CND to purchase popits?

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but do you have to be trained with CND to purchase popits?

NO - they can be used with any l+p products!!

Tips are not the enemy lol

Went to the demo in Glasgow, and Gigi has now converted me to tips (well for use with popits anyhoo lol) The system is amazing went home and did my nails in 30mins flat the shine is so impressive and virtually no filing to do which is my pet hate...lol

Have a few questions though,

I'm I putting to much product in the poppit at the base ? as I did my 2 sets of infills last week and it took forever! I know there is a ridge but it took me ma longer to file than a normal infill. There should be NO ridge if you do the trick of trimming off the 'skirt' at theback of the PopIt.

I tried cutting out the skirt but on the nails I did this with (on my self) it lifted quite badly and discoloured to :eek:
so decided against doing this.
I have never had lifting or discolouration so I cna't think what you might be doing here, other than not pressing the PopIt on correctly. As to the discolouration?? :eek: I've neverhad anything like that and no one else has complained of it either.

I'm also getting bubbles but think after reading all the threads I'd be better off with the ultra sculpter brush :)Bubbles are not eliminated by using the Ultra Sculptor. If you apply the bead in the PopIt (and don't press or touch it) and let the bead rest out until you see it go glassy and smooth before applying you will not see ANY bubbles at all in your finished work.

I'm having to hold the poppits on for longer than 15 seconds too about 2-3 mins or its not setting and I'm having to buff it, also the speed bond is not setting in 5 seconds either am I doing something wrong or is it just the cold weather? lol 2-3 minutes is way way way too long. Are you working in Arrctic conditions or something? 15 -20 seconds is normal.

thanks xxxx

Try using Moxi liquid ... it sets the fastest. You will find your product a little harder to file than usual because of compressing the bead. The mollecules set up a bit tighter together and thus harder.

I use gel as well
I think geeg said she is going to do a video when she has time, cant wait as Ive been working on all the demo dates so couldent make them

had another play with popits tonight nearly gave up after I kept seeing big airbubbles through the popit , but then finally it just clicked, I was using to less product , and they turnt out great! :green:

although I did get heat spike with every finger so had to take out from lamp couple of times , but this could be the metal hair clip im using? , will have to see if I can get a clear butterfly clip

has taken alot of practise but getting there now!

I have been playing with the form for quite some times now..... I found that with flat nail you tend to have a much bigger gap between nail plate and the apex of the form, and it's easy to not have enough product causing bubbles, also will give a big heat spike because more gel is needed to fill the form......
I just run a strip of gel down the center, staying 1/4 of from cuticle and flash cure for 30 sec....... this will reduce the a mount of gel you need to fill the form, and also will let you put pressure on the form to get ridge of any air pockets with out worries of putting too much pressure, and make the nail too thin..... HTH.

Hi ladies

Iam guessing this has been covered in this thread already, but thought i would ask before i trail through 25 pages, rebalance on poppits i put a set on with white tips have to say loving them, when iam going to rebalance am i thining down the whole of the nail, replacing the smile line with my white acrylic, letting that set then applying a coat of clear/pink over the whole enhancement using my poppit???? right or wrong ladies?

Hi ladies

Iam guessing this has been covered in this thread already, but thought i would ask before i trail through 25 pages, rebalance on poppits i put a set on with white tips have to say loving them, when iam going to rebalance am i thining down the whole of the nail, replacing the smile line with my white acrylic, letting that set then applying a coat of clear/pink over the whole enhancement using my poppit???? right or wrong ladies?

Exactly right Miss Dalton!! :lol: Top marks.

Thanks Gigi xx

Originally Posted by *sarah*
Tips are not the enemy lol

Went to the demo in Glasgow, and Gigi has now converted me to tips (well for use with popits anyhoo lol) The system is amazing went home and did my nails in 30mins flat the shine is so impressive and virtually no filing to do which is my pet hate...lol

Have a few questions though,

I'm I putting to much product in the poppit at the base ? as I did my 2 sets of infills last week and it took forever! I know there is a ridge but it took me ma longer to file than a normal infill. There should be NO ridge if you do the trick of trimming off the 'skirt' at theback of the PopIt.

I tried cutting out the skirt but on the nails I did this with (on my self) it lifted quite badly and discoloured to :eek:
so decided against doing this.
I have never had lifting or discolouration so I cna't think what you might be doing here, other than not pressing the PopIt on correctly. As to the discolouration?? :eek: I've neverhad anything like that and no one else has complained of it either. I'll give it another go think maybe just my application technique :eek: lol as for the discolouration I think it my have been some fake tan slipped in where the product was lifting, never thought till now oops !

I'm also getting bubbles but think after reading all the threads I'd be better off with the ultra sculpter brush :)Bubbles are not eliminated by using the Ultra Sculptor. If you apply the bead in the PopIt (and don't press or touch it) and let the bead rest out until you see it go glassy and smooth before applying you will not see ANY bubbles at all in your finished work.

Again I think it must just be down to my technique or lack of at the moment :cry: lol Just thought it would be a little easier with the larger brush so I don't have to touch the product at all, I've been moving the popit to move the product around but still finding having to press a little to get it out to the sides, and this is when I seem to get bubbles

I'm having to hold the poppits on for longer than 15 seconds too about 2-3 mins or its not setting and I'm having to buff it, also the speed bond is not setting in 5 seconds either am I doing something wrong or is it just the cold weather? lol 2-3 minutes is way way way too long. Are you working in Arrctic conditions or something? 15 -20 seconds is normal.
well has been freezing and I have cold hands most of the time anyway lol its down to whether my client has the heating on when I go, but it tends to set faster the warmer it is, but how do you tell a client it freezing cold in there house without being rude? lol
thanks xxxx

Try using Moxi liquid ... it sets the fastest. You will find your product a little harder to file than usual because of compressing the bead. The mollecules set up a bit tighter together and thus harder.

sarah, i had a little thought that might help you with keeping things warm when you are in cold places.
on my desk i have a little heated mat and its something that works really well in the colder weather.
its just a bit bigger than a4 size and its like a little electric blanket. its originally designed for putting on painful muscles etc. you can get something very similar in argos for about £17.
i also use it for manicures and pedicures, it really was a good buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
:)Well after reading this thread and taking note of the problems and answers to them that everyone is having, especially to the bubbles, I can now announce that I have done my first set of poppets done in 40 mins no air bubbles!! well there was on my first little finger but only a few but that was my first one.
they`re brill made up with them :)

you could refresh what you already know by checking out the demo vid.

Popit Nails by Geeg herself !!!!

I've just watched it again and I don't touch the bead as much could this be where the air bubbles are coming from??? :idea::lol: xx

You shouldn't touch the bead until it has settle out completely (like the video). Once it has settled out, you can do what you want with it .. but it shouldn't be too much .. the PopIt will do the rest for you.

What am i doing girls all my sets of poppits are lifting and quite badly, is it do do with seeping maybe? i feel when iam pressing my poppit quite a bit seeps out although i remove it with my brush there may be a bit of skin contact there i suppose hence the lifting??? also did a set on really flat nails which took much longer as the poppit kept popping off when i let go are they maybe not the best for flat nails?? need to get this lifting prob sorted as i love these poppits any solutions?

The first one I did seemed to lift alot. When I had seapage I was running a dotting tool round the cuticle and side wall area to remove the product. Not the best idea though as the client could eventually end up suffering from over exposure.

I found that the pressure didn't have to be too firm, even on someone with flat nails as the popit creats the 'right' corrected shape for the nail, creating a vertical apex. I tried to do it so the pressure wasn't enough to 'flatten' the popit reducing the chance of it popping off.

Ive been playing bit cant get any nailart right with my popits.Ive tried gitter tips,stripes ect.But when i remove the popit oh my what a mess.Any one got any ideas?

I want to help so much but so often peeps have problems that I HAVE NEVER COME ACROSS like lifting. that is the last problem I have ever had with PopIts. What do I TELL YOU? Are you leaving the product for too long before you apply? Are you not holding it firmly onto the nail plate? I can't tell you what to do as only you know what you are doing.

I didn't have the luxury of having anyone to tell me or help me to use PopIts. I learned myself by trial and error and I 'wrote the book' so to speak.

I can tell you this: that most problems can be traced back to too much or too little pressure when you apply the PopIt or too much or too little product in the PopIt.

If you are a nail technician you should be able to figure out which is your particular problem and make adjustments..

I've done a full set with popits...i used pink masque from nsi....and white for the smile lines....how can i do the infills with the popits?? i have to use the pink masque again....and the white...is there any quick way to do it??

i tried to put the pink in the zone 3, and clear in zone 2 and 1 but i ended up with marbling effect!!!
any advice plz??

Last edited:
I've done a full set with popits...i used pink masque from nsi....and white for the smile lines....how can i do the infills with the popits?? i have to use the pink masque again....and the white...is there any quick way to do it??

i tried to put the pink in the zone 3, and clear in zone 2 and 1 but i ended up with marbling effect!!!
any advice plz??

I think you are trying to use PopIts for a purpose for which they are not designed.

They are designed for the quick service that looks wonderful and which can be rebalanced easily with one colour. Once you start trying to do things for which they were not designed then you make the job difficult and time consuming and that is not the point of PopIts.

I would rebalance your nails in the normal way and use your PopIts for the purpose for which they were made.

Latest posts

Back