All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

If I am using a tip with brisa lite sculpting gel, do I still have to take the shine off the tip please or do I treat it just like the natural nail?

Can I use a little tip with brisa smoothing gel? I have a client who wants the smoothing gel but one nail has broken right down?

Hi all

Can someone tell me where you get the 'Silver' template from that they use in the new BL Sculpting Video?
The attach it to a clear form and cut to size to give the form strength, it also helps with the dowels

Thank you in advance xx

Those are provided to you when you attend a CND master architect class;)

Hi

If I am using a tip with brisa lite sculpting gel, do I still have to take the shine off the tip please or do I treat it just like the natural nail?

Buff the shine away and pretaylor your tip before applying it onto the nail. No shine removal needed from the natural nail prior to tip application. ;)

Could dashing diva be used with the brisa smoothing?

I have just received my brisa lite sculpting kit and smoothing gel this morning,

I have done 3 of my short natural nails with the sculpting gel as my nails are paper thin and I used 2 thin coats, I read through all the posts and then realised I only need 1,but they look ok,

After the second coat I didn't file the nail as it looked very smooth and put the top coat over the tacky layer, was it ok to do this??

I've now booked on to the course in march and really looking forward to doing it.

My nails seem very strong and I'm really pleased with the results.

I have just received my brisa lite sculpting kit and smoothing gel this morning,

I have done 3 of my short natural nails with the sculpting gel as my nails are paper thin and I used 2 thin coats, I read through all the posts and then realised I only need 1,but they look ok,

After the second coat I didn't file the nail as it looked very smooth and put the top coat over the tacky layer, was it ok to do this??

I've now booked on to the course in march and really looking forward to doing it.

My nails seem very strong and I'm really pleased with the results.

There is no need to file the smoothing gel at all. I know a file is provided in the kit but consider it a present ... we don't file the smoothing gel as it has no shape .. it is for smoothing not enhancing.

I've been using the smoothing gel this week on my 'challenged' clients :lol: so far they are all loving it and raving about it . Well done to CND . Excited for what they bring out next .

There is no need to file the smoothing gel at all. I know a file is provided in the kit but consider it a present ... we don't file the smoothing gel as it has no shape .. it is for smoothing not enhancing.

Ok but I used sculpting gel is it the same??

Ok but I used sculpting gel is it the same??

Forgive me if I misread your post.

The Brisa Lite removable Sculpting gel is for making enhancements; you need to sculpt shape and length and naturally you need to smooth and perfect before adding the Brisa Lite top Coat or Shellac.

You do not paint on the Sculpting gel. That is not the correct way to use it.

Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel Step-by-Steps - YouTube

You paint on the Smoothing gel.
Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel Step-by-Steps - YouTube

I used the sculpting gel as my nails are really weak and flat, so I should of filed to perfect after?

They didn't really need filing and I didn't paint on I sculpted on.

I used the sculpting gel as my nails are really weak and flat, so I should of filed to perfect after?

They didn't really need filing and I didn't paint on I sculpted on.

This is what you said in your post

Two thin coats sounded to me like you painted it on .. if you sculpted each coat, then fine ... if you are happy with the result then fine. If you think it did not need filing then you must be pretty darned good at sculpting .. bravo. Time will tell if they are structured correctly or not. :hug:

It really does not matter if you use one layer or two layers or three layers if that is what you want to do .... but most experienced sculptors would probably only need to do one.

I did a thin coat first then sculptured the second coat, I'm confused my self sorry so you must be,

That's why I booked onto the course,I did my mums the same as I did mine ill put a picture on later

Tracy x

I did a thin coat first then sculptured the second coat, I'm confused my self sorry so you must be,

That's why I booked onto the course,I did my mums the same as I did mine ill put a picture on later

Tracy x

There is nothing wrong with doing it that way, Tracy, as long as you remembered to apply the Brisa Lite Base Coat first, which IS painted on.

Just a quick question. Is the Brisa lite pink sculpting gel opaque enough to use as a cover masque?
Thanks

Just a quick question. Is the Brisa lite pink sculpting gel opaque enough to use as a cover masque?
Thanks

Brisa lite neutral sculpting gel is semi-cheer. However, you can customize it to make it more opaque by adding a bit of white sculpting gel to make it more opaque. If you want it warmer add a very small equal amounts of red and green additive. For 14 gram pot I add pea size of white, and pin head of green and red. Tiny amount. Start with adding little and add more if needed.

I also like adding white to neutral with a pin head amount of antique bronze additive. It makes the pink a bit shimmery, you barely notice it, but clientsove it;)

Hope this helps;)

Brisa lite neutral sculpting gel is semi-cheer. However, you can customize it to make it more opaque by adding a bit of white sculpting gel to make it more opaque. If you want it warmer add a very small equal amounts of red and green additive. For 14 gram pot I add pea size of white, and pin head of green and red. Tiny amount. Start with adding little and add more if needed.

I also like adding white to neutral with a pin head amount of antique bronze additive. It makes the pink a bit shimmery, you barely notice it, but clientsove it;)

Hope this helps;)
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have the additives only mica powders and don't think I should risk mixing them in. Ill try adding a touch of BL white. Do you think they'll bring out a range of BL sculpting cover pinks? X

Latest posts

Back