All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing the stringing way to, so different to nsi but I love it, I string it along and then wait for it to settle, I cured then did a 2nd layer jus to make sure it had an ok apex, I think after a while I will do it in 1 but until I'm proficient and had training I'm sticking with 2, tho did my own in 1 apart from my thumbs.

I tried turning upside down but didn't really make much difference.

What felt strange was Saturday doing a set of nsi balance lol

That's interesting. Ill try that. So are you stringing across? as opposed to log building downwards? Sorry for my very untechnical description :/

Also are you applying 1 layer or 2 of sculpting gel? I only did 1 layer tonight but now I'm thinking I should've done 2.......

Thanks ever so much for your help x

Exactly, stringing across from side to side as if sewing a split down the middle :)

I've been building with 1 layer.

Xxx

I have had problems with the smoothing gel with 2 of my clients it didn't last as long as shellac on its own however I have put it on my nails and they are fab lasting much better than normal. So I must of done something wrong but with everything it takes a bit of getting used to x

I have had problems with the smoothing gel with 2 of my clients it didn't last as long as shellac on its own however I have put it on my nails and they are fab lasting much better than normal. So I must of done something wrong but with everything it takes a bit of getting used to x
My first go on myself didn't last as long as my normal Shellac ... Lol. But being a gel, I ladled it on a bit thicker ... My second go is not only looking nicer but lasting well. Obviously, "thin to win" is the anthem with BRISA Lite Smoothing gel as well as Shellac.

You have to get the 'feel' of a product and it's necessary in my opinion to test it on yourself.

Technically, I don't need Brisa Lite Removable Smoothing Gel ... My nails are in good condition, healthy and fairly strong and Shellac is all I need to really get length on them. But my nails are ridged and although the Shellac Base coat is fantastic at making those ridges disappear, I thought I'd still have a go to test out the Brisa Lite. I am not wearing any colour just the Clear BRisa Lite.

even though 3/4 of the nail was gel and only the tip/smile line being Shellac :confused:
maybe I should have used clearly pink over the whole lot or am i just over thinking things??? LOL....

anybody know for sure, im about to do the other hand?

anybody know for sure, im about to do the other hand?
I don't think would just use the white and the top coat. I would do a Shellac French and then top coat with Shellac TC.

l've also been trialing the smoothing on myself and a friend who always my guinea pig when something new comes out. :)

One thing I noticed a few days after doing mine were a few felt rough on the free edge, none of the shellac colour has chipped so I just gently filed it with a 240.

I think it may have been that I capped to thickly and instead of it slowly wearing away it chipped away slightly.

So do you think it may be better to just cap with the base, colour and top and not cap with smoothing?

Shellac french over smoothing gel/ sculpting gel
I posed this question too as I love my Brisa paint on white too!
At the training day in Köln We learned that it is necessary to us a clearly pink or negligee then the Shellac top coat .
The BL top coat does not adhere well to the shellac.
My tip : has been mentioned before but again
Finish with the top coat of the very last system you used .
Shellac? Shellac top coat
Brisa lite? Brisa lite removable Top Coat
Cait

l've also been trialing the smoothing on myself and a friend who always my guinea pig when something new comes out. :)

One thing I noticed a few days after doing mine were a few felt rough on the free edge, none of the shellac colour has chipped so I just gently filed it with a 240.

I think it may have been that I capped to thickly and instead of it slowly wearing away it chipped away slightly.

So do you think it may be better to just cap with the base, colour and top and not cap with smoothing?

You don't cap you 'seal' with every coat including the BL Smoothing Gel. What that means is that you seal while polishing rather than adding a 'cap' at the free edge.

Exactly, stringing across from side to side as if sewing a split down the middle :)

I've been building with 1 layer.

Xxx

That's a brilliant description! I tried again this morning on a tip and used the stringing technique and also gently pressing into place and the result was much better. Thank you for your help, and yours too Maz and Jen :) xxx

Hi Geeg,

I did my first set of sculpting on my nan last week. I did a NNO as she has bendy nails. 5 have popped off whole but she's very good with her oil and uses gloves for everything.

I did all my usual PEP steps and have never had lifting issues with anything else before.

Can you shed any light on this?

Paige x

Edit: her nails underneath are in perfect condition as if they've literally just pinged off

Hi Geeg,

I did my first set of sculpting on my nan last week. I did a NNO as she has bendy nails. 5 have popped off whole but she's very good with her oil and uses gloves for everything.

I did all my usual PEP steps and have never had lifting issues with anything else before.

Can you shed any light on this?

Paige x

Edit: her nails underneath are in perfect condition as if they've literally just pinged off

Flexible bendy natural nails are always a challenge .. did you use the sculpting gel?
Did you create a STRONG vertical apex? My guess is that you didn't or her bendy nails would have been supported by that.
Either that or PEP was not sufficient.

Try again and next time build the structure so that her very bendy nails are supported..

You MUST build it. Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel is for SCULPTING, and needs to be formed into the correct shape.

I want everyone who sees this to remember it: Brisa and Brisa LITE Sculpting gels are for ENHANCEMENTS. they are for the downtrodden, sad, need-a-makeover nails.

Brisa Lite SMOOTHING gel is a booster for CND Shellac. It adds extra durability to Shellac, and perfects the nail surface on those that are slightly challenged. It goes on in one thin, even layer.

I hope this helps :)

Last edited:
My other lady has now been back, she chipped hers opening a can of drink, oops! Shouldn't have worried have answers to both probs now and it was both as a result of what the customers did. On a plus note my lovely sculpted tip and overlays using BL sculpting gel are still going strong, I never keep extensions on that are this long for more than a week but two weeks in now!

Last edited:
Ok so iv been raving to clients that can't get 2weeks from Shellac, should try Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel.

Iv applied it to my nails and do far do good, still perfect. Just done my MIL nails so fingers crossed. Did a friends nails, who gets a week from Shellac normally, she's text me a week later to say 2 have peeled off.
I'm gutted!

Ok so iv been raving to clients that can't get 2weeks from Shellac, should try Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel.

Iv applied it to my nails and do far do good, still perfect. Just done my MIL nails so fingers crossed. Did a friends nails, who gets a week from Shellac normally, she's text me a week later to say 2 have peeled off.
I'm gutted!

Work it .... nails too have to get used to things sometimes ... it is easy to get the product to peel off if you peel it. Otherwise, I don't see why it should happen unless the nails are just not suitable .. why can't she wear Shellac for more than a week ... that says something right there? Don't be gutted, Consider it a challenge and make it work. Try 2 coats instead of one ... it's a "getting to know you" time for all of us. Maybe she would be better with the sculpting gel. Trial and error. As long as the client can work with you then its cool. Some of us are having great successes and some are finding things more difficult ... normal.

2 coats of brisa smoothing ? i asked if this could be done at the academy last week ... they said no

kx

Work it .... nails too have to get used to things sometimes ... it is easy to get the product to peel off if you peel it. Otherwise, I don't see why it should happen unless the nails are just not suitable .. why can't she wear Shellac for more than a week ... that says something right there? Don't be gutted, Consider it a challenge and make it work. Try 2 coats instead of one ... it's a "getting to know you" time for all of us. Maybe she would be better with the sculpting gel. Trial and error. As long as the client can work with you then its cool. Some of us are having great successes and some are finding things more difficult ... normal.

2 coats of brisa smoothing ? i asked if this could be done at the academy last week ... they said no

kx

Well it can be done ... try it. Do some with 2 thin coats and some with the sculpting gel. WE have to try these things. There is nothing dangerous about using 2 thin coats.

Gigi I have a client who was having problems with Biosculpture popping off, so while I waited for Brisa Lite I tried a layer of silk on the whole nail in the base layer of shellac followed by normal application. this lasted really well for her and she insists upon it every time now. However I really want to avoid having to do this method everytime she comes, would you suggest I use Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel as her nails are naturally thin and flexible? And if so would it be better to do one layer sculpt or a thin layer followed by a layer to build the apex?
Thanks in anticipation

Gigi I have a client who was having problems with Biosculpture popping off, so while I waited for Brisa Lite I tried a layer of silk on the whole nail in the base layer of shellac followed by normal application. this lasted really well for her and she insists upon it every time now. However I really want to avoid having to do this method everytime she comes, would you suggest I use Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel as her nails are naturally thin and flexible? And if so would it be better to do one layer sculpt or a thin layer followed by a layer to build the apex?
Thanks in anticipation

Yes I would advise BL Sculpting gel and You could do either method .. perhaps try one hand with one and the other with the other. Fibrglass/silk does not add strength as much as it does flexibility. BL Sculpting gel has a certain amount of flexibility on its own.

You do have the base layer first with BL so it is quicker to do a one layer sculpt but it wouldn't be WRONG to apply a base layer and then a sculpting layer if you want to try it. Keep a good record of what you do and your own method will develop like it does with all things.

The first person I tried the smoothing gel on was myself and it lasted beautifully, just like shellac does for me. I have tried it on two friends and both had different problems.

Friend 1 had a full application with regular polish on top. Within a day it was cracking and coming off in chunks! Admittedly, she can only keep shellac on for a week because she's so tough on her nails. But cracking in chunks after one day?! I thought maybe I applied it too thick but it didn't happen to me and if I look at the nail at the free edge, it doesn't look thick at all.

Friend 2 says her shellac peels off her nails. I believe her because her nails are perfectly smooth, no signs of damage, picking, or anything. She's the only person I've ever had tell me that shellac peeled off. The only weird thing I noticed is this: You know how the nail looks dehydrated after you scrubfresh? I scrubbed and scrubbed and they didn't look like I'd touched them! Anyway, I tried the smoothing gel with shellac since she's going on vacation. She lasted 48 hours then told me that one nail is peeling.

These are close friends, so I don't have to worry about disappointing them, it's just that I want to have some success before I try it at the spa. I can't try the sculpting gel because I don't know how to sculpt. We had ten minutes of instruction with gel at nail school and that was it. There are no CND master classes within a 2-3 hour radius of Boston, so I feel a little stuck. I guess I'm just wondering if anything jumps out at you that I might have done wrong. Otherwise, I guess it's just their nails and lifestyles that are unsuitable.

Latest posts

Back