All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I am reigniting my passion for nails, but have always used jessica GELeration in my salon. Would I be able to use the BL systems alongside my Jessica products or will I have to purchase shellac too if I want to use the BL systems?
You can use BL smoothing and sculpting gels along with what you already have (but I'd try Shellac too if I were you lol) :hug:

Hi
It took me 1.5 hour to do a BL sculpting gel for myself.
I am wondering how long does it take for you gals ?
And do u all use efile or just normal file after the gel?

I pasted clear tips, base coat, put
glitters on base coat and locked in the lamp, pink sculpting gel on the nail bed then clear gel, efile, topcoat.

Slower to do it on my right hand but I guess it still will take me 1hr and 15min to do it with my future clients ... If the client needs a gel removal first then the whole process will take nearly 2 hrs...

Hope there is still some space for me to speed up.

Hi
It took me 1.5 hour to do a BL sculpting gel for myself.
I am wondering how long does it take for you gals ?
And do u all use efile or just normal file after the gel?

I pasted clear tips, base coat, put
glitters on base coat and locked in the lamp, pink sculpting gel on the nail bed then clear gel, efile, topcoat.

Slower to do it on my right hand but I guess it still will take me 1hr and 15min to do it with my future clients ... If the client needs a gel removal first then the whole process will take nearly 2 hrs...

Hope there is still some space for me to speed up.

I don't see a need for the e-file...but i never do ;-)

A french manicure (gel) with forms takes me about 90minutes, that is without a e-file. There is little need to file, so i can't see the advantage of using an e-file.
I'm only working as a mobile nailtech since a few months, so there is loads of space for improvements :cool:

Good thing is, my teacher is stopping here side-job (doing nails fter teaching) and recommanded me to one of her customers sho called me yesterday and booked :D i'm sure i'm getting there somewhere down the line ....

Hi Geeg, just a little confused after watching the sculpting gel video, once they have used the cool blue to help sculpt the tip is it then not eventually sealed in with the top coat. After the hand comes out of the lamp it says 'do not remove the top layer' but surely that would mean that cool blue was still on the tip?

I may have this completely confused so please excuse my ignorance if so.

Also on the sculpting video it says apply scrubfresh after you have applied the tip to help with tip adhesion, should this not be before as would scrubfresh not degrade the tip in some way due to the acetone?

Just to answer your first question..the cool blue evaporates so no it won't still be there. In one of Fingernailfixer's brisa lite tutorials she explains this for ya if ya wanna check it out :)

I tend to take a reaction to gels such as NSI, can you tell me if Brisa Lite is more suitable and less chemical than other brands
thank you

I've recently trained in Shellac with CND Manchester and am now looking at training in Brisa gel or Brisa Light. Could someone please come back to me with the differences between the 2 so I know properly and what each can be used for please?
I've read various posts but trying to understand lol xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question:
Can you use the sculpting gel as a stronger NNO than the smoothing gel? As in, can you use it without actually sculpting an apex, but use it purely as an overlay if the smoothing gel is not quite enough strength? Or are you better to use 2 thin layers of smoothing gel?

So I got my Brisa Lite smoothing gel the other day..and have trialed it on myself. I am so in love its ridiculous!! so hubby says...

"hey darling, your hands look so beautiful, any chance you can put that stuff on me?" (he has nice hands but slightly ridged and flat nails)

so my question isn't "can I?" because obviously I can, my question is how can I make it matte?. He doesn't want it too shiny.

I have CND Ultra Matte top coat, can I use this? or should I buff lightly with a girlfriend buffer...or is there some better way

thanks in advance for the advice
Mrsmac

Buff the final top coat with a sponge buffer! I think that's the best way.

Quick question:
Can you use the sculpting gel as a stronger NNO than the smoothing gel? As in, can you use it without actually sculpting an apex, but use it purely as an overlay if the smoothing gel is not quite enough strength? Or are you better to use 2 thin layers of smoothing gel?

When you do a NNO you should always build an apex, even if only very slight. Use Brisa Lite sculpting gel for strength; Brisa Lite smoothing gel for smoothing and extra wear time for damaged nails.

My nails are so weak and bendy, I do try to look after them with solar oil, but I think its with years of nail biting!

Shellac doesn't last too long on me because of the bending when they eventually grow.

Do you think Brisa Lite smoothing gel will reinforce them enough? Or do some of you use the Sculpting gel for added reinforcement?

Pia

You could use either. Maybe for you I would advise the BL Sculpting gel ... it's easily removable and no nail buffing so there is no difference to the good health of your nails. x

I was so excited to get my kit on tues. Couldnt wait to try it on my stumpy nails. but to my dissapointment it has already started peeling off and ive lost 2 nails completly??!

I did a full pep
base coat
brisa lite gel
top coat
wipe off
cuticle oil

really wanted to promote this product to my clients but if i cant keep it on my nails how can i get excited enough to tell them about it.
Grrrr frustrated much!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I was so excited to get my kit on tues. Couldnt wait to try it on my stumpy nails. but to my dissapointment it has already started peeling off and ive lost 2 nails completly??!

I did a full pep
base coat
brisa lite gel
top coat
wipe off
cuticle oil

really wanted to promote this product to my clients but if i cant keep it on my nails how can i get excited enough to tell them about it.
Grrrr frustrated much!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Strange as I have had mine on for a week! (Doesn't sound a lot but when I wear gel I just don't find it hard wearing ) but I haven't lost one! I used tips and sculpting gel!

Have you applied the base coat to thick? Gigi says thin to win?

Just an ickle question girlies

I'm mainly a natural nails girls but am qualified in Fibreglass and L & P.

I brought the BL smoothing gel for my shellac clients that need that little extra help, and its going great, just want to confirm how I clean my gel brush, at mo I've just scrub freshed it but would have thought I need to do more than this?

Thanks guys xx

Just an ickle question girlies

I'm mainly a natural nails girls but am qualified in Fibreglass and L & P.

I brought the BL smoothing gel for my shellac clients that need that little extra help, and its going great, just want to confirm how I clean my gel brush, at mo I've just scrub freshed it but would have thought I need to do more than this?

Thanks guys xx

Don't clean your brush with scrub fresh it will destroy the hairs as they are synthetic. To clean your brush wipe it on a lint free pad saturated in D'Sperse only.
Jen xxx

hi Geeg - i have a technical question?

on the cnd brisa lite sculpting step by step video - (about 4mins 16 secs into the video) cool blue is used to further smooth the sculpted white portion on the nail:suprised:

any ideas why? and does this hinder the brisa lite gels integrity by leaving cool blue on the surface?

sorry to be difficult and if i missed the answer in the last 42 pages :twisted:

Hi! I'm sorry if the question has been asked, I just can't go through 42 pages of questions... reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally sorry!!

I am trained with BioSculpture and CND L&P, but always on the lookout for new products, though I am extremely picky. I tried Brisa gels but hated it - for personal reasons, one of them not being a soak-off gel.

My question is: What do Brisa Lite feels like? I'm used to Bio being "rubber-y", and Brisa being "plastic-y". I have some Shellac colors and they too feel rubbery/flexible. Is BL rubbery and flexible or rock-hard like Brisa Gel? My guess would be that the Smoothing gel is flexible, but the sculpting gels?

I'm in Canada and not able to go to Beauty Shows at this moment, and unfortunately my town doesn't have a local supplier so any feedbacks are welcome!

TIA and again sorry for my laziness!!!

hi Geeg - i have a technical question?

on the cnd brisa lite sculpting step by step video - (about 4mins 16 secs into the video) cool blue is used to further smooth the sculpted white portion on the nail:suprised:

any ideas why? and does this hinder the brisa lite gels integrity by leaving cool blue on the surface?

sorry to be difficult and if i missed the answer in the last 42 pages :twisted:

Cool blue is used to create a buffer that allows you to really press down that white gel and completely smooth, which in turn will eliminate excessive filing.
Jen xx

Hi! I'm sorry if the question has been asked, I just can't go through 42 pages of questions... reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally sorry!!

I am trained with BioSculpture and CND L&P, but always on the lookout for new products, though I am extremely picky. I tried Brisa gels but hated it - for personal reasons, one of them not being a soak-off gel.

My question is: What do Brisa Lite feels like? I'm used to Bio being "rubber-y", and Brisa being "plastic-y". I have some Shellac colors and they too feel rubbery/flexible. Is BL rubbery and flexible or rock-hard like Brisa Gel? My guess would be that the Smoothing gel is flexible, but the sculpting gels?

I'm in Canada and not able to go to Beauty Shows at this moment, and unfortunately my town doesn't have a local supplier so any feedbacks are welcome!

TIA and again sorry for my laziness!!!
Brisa lite clicks when you tap it, it doesn't feel rubbery either. It feels like normal Brisa.
Jen xx

Latest posts

Back