All your technical questions about Brisa Lite removable gel answered here

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use tips with BL clear Sculpting gel if you make sure the gel is not applied too thickly to ensure full cure.

Ok thank you for that x

Hi
I just started using brisa lite smoothing gel under my shellac and had a couple of clients come back as after a couple of days it has started peeling away at the free edge.
I am doing pep, brisa lite base coat, brisa lite smoothing gel, 2 coats of shellac, shellac top coat, curing each coat for 2 mins, desperse and solar oil.
What is causing this? xxx

Hi
I just started using brisa lite smoothing gel under my shellac and had a couple of clients come back as after a couple of days it has started peeling away at the free edge.
I am doing pep, brisa lite base coat, brisa lite smoothing gel, 2 coats of shellac, shellac top coat, curing each coat for 2 mins, desperse and solar oil.

The crucial question here is in what condition were the nails you applied it to?

Hi

In addition to Geeg's crucial question I'd also ask have you made sure the nail is THOROUGHLY scrubfreshed making sure that you go along AND under the free edge? The training this weekend expressed how important it is to make sure the free edge is not forgotten as otherwise oil will just rehydrate the nail preventing correct and complete adhesion. I have been guilty of not doing this and just concentrating on the top of the nail plate and along the free edge, but not under. I will be from now on :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hi
This happened on my own nails when I first started using BL smoothing gel and it was because it was too thick. The key is to do a really thin application along with ensuring you've scrubfreshed the free edge thoroughly.

The rule is still 'thin to win' with all coats of BL Smoothing gel. Brisa Lite Smoothing gel IS a Gel, but its not there for you to build with .... It's there to smooth out the surface and as a 'plumper' under Shellac. Too thick and you are courting lifting.

Other advice is also good re your preparation of the nails for the service.

The rule is still 'thin to win' with all coats of BL Smoothing gel. Brisa Lite Smoothing gel IS a Gel, but its not there for you to build with .... It's there to smooth out the surface and as a 'plumper' under Shellac. Too thick and you are courting lifting.

Other advice is also good re your preparation of the nails for the service.

Everyday you are sat on my shoulder reciting thin to win thin to win!!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Quick question as I'm looking into purchasing, is the brisa lite base + top coat able to work with the smoothing & sculpting? Or are they for the 2 separate systems? Xx

Quick question as I'm looking into purchasing, is the brisa lite base + top coat able to work with the smoothing & sculpting? Or are they for the 2 separate systems? Xx

Also, sorry if this has already been asked, just I did try reading the thread but there's a lot of pages!!

yes, you use the same base and top coat for sculpting and smoothing.

Ah great, thanks so much! Just I can't afford both packs at the mo, so was just going to buy the smoothing gel :) xx

The base and top coat is the same for both systems.

Can I ask Geeg I was at the event it was fab I adore the sculpting brisa lite but couldn't remember the cool blue trick did you do it on the locking base layer of white or just when you had done the second layer of white? Thank you

Can I ask Geeg I was at the event it was fab I adore the sculpting brisa lite but couldn't remember the cool blue trick did you do it on the locking base layer of white or just when you had done the second layer of white? Thank you

I think it was before curing the second layer - the cool blue acts as a barrier between the gel on the form and the gel on the brush so it doesn't move the gel already applied, just helps to smooth and shape. HTHs xx

Are people applying 2 coats of white then? I've yet to use the white but I thought going from the cnd video you only apply 1 coat???
Thanks

Are people applying 2 coats of white then? I've yet to use the white but I thought going from the cnd video you only apply 1 coat???
Thanks
I often apply in two beads when sculpting but I only freeze cure the first bead then add the second. Much easier and a better result in the end in my opinion. Depends on the length of the free edge.

First bead to create the length and form, second bead to create the smile line and cover the whole of zone one. Much easier, particularly for beginners, not to have to think about the whole structure and the perfect smile line all in one go.

An experienced nail technician will perhaps apply in one ... No right or wrong ... Results are what counts and how you achieve them is up to you. Using 2 beads makes it much easier for the less experienced, we have found when teaching.

I am a beginner at sculpting only be doing it a couple of weeks and the one I did at the event was the best I had ever done lol I loved the 2 bead technique found it much easier for me as a beginner. I just need to book on the course now xxxxx

I often apply in two beads when sculpting but I only freeze cure the first bead then add the second. Much easier and a better result in the end in my opinion. Depends on the length of the free edge.

First bead to create the length and form, second bead to create the smile line and cover the whole of zone one. Much easier, particularly for beginners, not to have to think about the whole structure and the perfect smile line all in one go.

An experienced nail technician will perhaps apply in one ... No right or wrong ... Results are what counts and how you achieve them is up to you. Using 2 beads makes it much easier for the less experienced, we have found when teaching.

Thanks, that sounds easier. Do you freeze cure each nail for 10 seconds before applying the 2nd bead?

I have a client who doesn't want to keep having her Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel soaked off every 2-3 weeks as she has the same thing each time.

Her nails are weak and peeling and since changing her from Shellac to a combination of Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel and Shellac we have seen some great results, just regrowth as opposed to a few chips at the free edge.

Question is, she now has Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel with the Shellac over the top. Do I have to file all the Shellac off, then infill? Or can I just file to maintain a smooth finish if needed, infill with BLSCG and then shellac the regrowth, sealing the entire nail with Shellac top coat?

I hope that makes sense, it did in my head!

Latest posts

Back