am i just being a moaning mum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just wish my kids would eat there packed lunch....lol...most of the time they come back with 1 bite from the sandwich, half a packet of crisps, yogurt drink half drank and the rest all inside the lunch box, ate all there cheese string and didn't even entertain the apple !!!!. x
sounds like my daughter lol :)

oh dear think this thead is gettin out of hand a likkle! now now ladies!!
why? what makes you say that?
a question was asked and peeps are replying with their opinions...

why? what makes you say that?
a question was asked and peeps are replying with their opinions...
because big miss nails simply asked a question and
fifficharlie was questioning her parenting skills, just thought it was getting a likkle personal

fifficharlie was questioning her parenting skills, just thought it was getting a likkle personal

Think you took it all the wrong way

i just wish my kids would eat there packed lunch....lol...most of the time they come back with 1 bite from the sandwich, half a packet of crisps, yogurt drink half drank and the rest all inside the lunch box, ate all there cheese string and didn't even entertain the apple !!!!. x

and then the yoghurt drink ends up all over the sandwich box cos they throw it around the grass after school yukkk

i can read the font at size 2 you know :wink2:

I don't think that anyones parenting skills were being questioned here...
I've seen many a thread become a much more heated debate in the past than this one... I was thinking this one was quite tame by comparisson...

The thing is... if you ask for an opinion 9 times out of 10 you get an opinion, whether peeps like that opinion is up to them... I'm sure we'll all agree that we all have different ideas, that's fine... but if we don't wish to hear the opinions of others then we shouldn't ask the question in the first place...

Think you took it all the wrong way

and then the yoghurt drink ends up all over the sandwich box cos they throw it around the grass after school yukkk

and the damned yople frubes burst

yup.....so i have decided..tomorrow its bread and butter ONLY....lol xx

i can read the font at size 2 you know :wink2:

I don't think that anyones parenting skills were being questioned here...
I've seen many a thread become a much more heated debate in the past than this one... I was thinking this one was quite tame by comparisson...

The thing is... if you ask for an opinion 9 times out of 10 you get an opinion, whether peeps like that opinion is up to them... I'm sure we'll all agree that we all have different ideas, that's fine... but if we don't wish to hear the opinions of others then we shouldn't ask the question in the first place...
font was my error sorry! i was giving my opinion like you said, and we are all entitled to give

yup.....so i have decided..tomorrow its bread and butter ONLY....lol xx
LMAO... it was the threat of bread and dripping when I was a kid Angie :lol:

I struggle to get my children to eat their lunch too, it is so frustrating. I also tell them every day that they must drink their drinks some days they come home and haven't had anything to drink all day!

i used to love bread and butter..my daughter loves tomato sauce sandwiches

I put all mine on school dinners, that way I have no idea what they eat or where they eat it. I just make assumptions. If they dropped sweets on the floor you can bet your life they would eat them though.
OK, call me a bad mother:lol:

I'm currently arguing with my son as to wether he has money for the canteen at school or a packed lunch for tomorrow - he wants lunch money every day & i say i have not budgetted for £40 extra per month (£2 x 5 days x 4 weeks)

He's having a packed lunch tomorrow like it or not & having £2 for the canteen on Friday!

They don't get any better when they get older!!!!:lol:

i was giving my opinion like you said, and we are all entitled to give
you haven't given us your opinion on the question in hand... which is, do you think BigMisnails is a moaning mum because her daughter is expected to eat her packed lunch sitting on the playground floor?

you haven't given us your opinion on the question in hand... which is, do you think BigMisnails is a moaning mum because her daughter is expected to eat her packed lunch sitting on the playground floor?
why are you trying to belittle me??? i just thought it was getting a little out of hand which is MY OPINION.

I wasn't being offensive in fact i was just trying to stop an argument before it happens. Before you say anything I know I'm not a moderator just trying to make this thread more welcoming for other people to join in.

Just because you are a moderator doesn't mean you should go around picking on people!!!!!!

The school are NOT teaching her to sit on the floor - they are allowing the children to enjoy their food with the nice weather. Of course it would be down to you if she started eating on the floor!! What a rediculous thing to say!!

You bring your child up more than the school does. I didnt mean you 'literally' teach her to sit on the floor!

lol - hope you didnt take my post the wrong way, but all this rubbish about 'she might sit on the floor to eat when shes older' is just plain silly!

Thanks for your support Sandi. I quite Clearly was not questioning anybodys parenting skills, heck! I dont even have kids!! lol :lol:

Please read my replies again. I was simply stating my asked for opinion, and like many other geeks, said that its a bit silly to expect that your child will eat off of the floor when she is older, purely down to the fact that the school have let them have a 'picnic' in the nice weather.

Well I don't know about you guys, but I used to sit on the playground floor to eat my lunch and these days I just cant help myself, even in a posh restaurant I just have to skip out side, play a little hop scotch and then eat my dinner off the floor ( because thats how they taught me at school)

Daft if you ask me and yes your being a moaning mum, all she will feel is alienated from other pack lunchers.

Thanks for your support Sandi. I quite Clearly was not questioning anybodys parenting skills, heck! I dont even have kids!! lol :lol:

Please read my replies again. I was simply stating my asked for opinion, and like many other geeks, said that its a bit silly to expect that your child will eat off of the floor when she is older, purely down to the fact that the school have let them have a 'picnic' in the nice weather.
perhaps when you have kids you might understand a bit better.at how defensive parents get.yes i asked for people opinons but on what they thought of my daughter sitting on the playground floor at school not at home.

Well I don't know about you guys, but I used to sit on the playground floor to eat my lunch and these days I just cant help myself, even in a posh restaurant I just have to skip out side, play a little hop scotch and then eat my dinner off the floor ( because thats how they taught me at school)

Daft if you ask me and yes your being a moaning mum, all she will feel is alienated from other pack lunchers.
well what do we send are kids to school for if its not to learn

well what do we send are kids to school for if its not to learn
Oh for gods sake woman get a grip. its not gonna make them eat off the blooming floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You asked for opinions, dont be offended when you get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back